On Second Thought

I lived in NY for thirty years and watched Trumps rise. Nothing but a two bit con man thug. But hey, he's their man.

Oh yeah, Trump was trying to con Germany right out being reliant on Russia for energy, the same Russia that the US was in large part footing the bill for keeping in check for Germany's benefit. The same Russia that Germany was sending tons of cash to on account of reliance on energy. The same Russia that Germany will no longer purchase energy, and now send billions in arms aid to combat rather than spend those funds to possibly help their own people.

This is getting silly.

So, your question about what being a liberal means to me was serious? Even when you framed it liked this?

"Describing yourself as a liberal, what does that mean, in your eyes? If not hypocrite and jerk, what does it mean, to you?"

Ok ... well. This is what it means to me. It means that I'm a grown man with a lifetime of experiences. I happen to lean left on most issues when it comes to politics. I believe in treating people kindly and with compassion. I believe as we learn more, we try to improve.

I don't believe it makes me a jerk or a hypocrite (anymore than the fact that we're all hypocrites at some level I'm sure). I'm a nice person, and I try to do what I think is right.

I'm completely imperfect, though, and I make lots of mistakes. When I make a mistake, I try to own up to it and/or apologize.

I thought it was clear why I brought up Trump. You mentioned the "Princess and the Pea" and linked it to liberals being snowflakes. I was pointing out the irony that conservatives, many of whom love to call liberals snowflakes, elected one themselves.

I don't necessarily have an opinion whether you are a nice person, you may be. Treating people kindly and with compassion is hardly exclusive to any political ideology. Wouldn't you agree? No? Neither is improving as we learn more. Pardon, but that is ridiculous in context. In fact it insinuates a contrary opinion of 50% of your fellow countrymen, and it says nothing about liberal policy, does not address absolute loathsome support for the worst humanity has to offer. I can't think of a better word to describe it than in some instances pure evil.

For instance, liberals appear hell bent on pairing up transvestites with young children, toddlers. Transvestite story hour in schools and such. There is a video out there of what appears to be a 3-4 year old girl rubbing the pubic area of a man dressed as a woman, on a stage. Nobody intervened and allowed it to happen, including the transvestite. Apparently, to the liberal mindset, it would have been a greater sin to offend the transvestite than to stop a young child from stroking ANY adults dick....in public, on a stage, with I would assume the child's own parents in attendance.

Treating people kindly and with compassion? See, there's often the difference. There is a difference between shrugging your shoulders in tolerance at a man who chooses to for reasons to include mental illness dress as a woman, and celebrating it, condemning others who do not as lacking compassion, and offering up your own children as a demonstration of greater virtue. It is a sick thing going on, batshit crazy.

You say you are a liberal. Do you support it?

I don't necessarily have an opinion whether you are a nice person, you may be. Treating people kindly and with compassion is hardly exclusive to any political ideology. Wouldn't you agree? No? Neither is improving as we learn more. Pardon, but that is ridiculous in context. In fact it insinuates a contrary opinion of 50% of your fellow countrymen, and it says nothing about liberal policy, does not address absolute loathsome support for the worst humanity has to offer. I can't think of a better word to describe it than in some instances pure evil.

For instance, liberals appear hell bent on pairing up transvestites with young children, toddlers. Transvestite story hour in schools and such. There is a video out there of what appears to be a 3-4 year old girl rubbing the pubic area of a man dressed as a woman, on a stage. Nobody intervened and allowed it to happen, including the transvestite. Apparently, to the liberal mindset, it would have been a greater sin to offend the transvestite than to stop a young child from stroking ANY adults dick....in public, on a stage, with I would assume the child's own parents in attendance.

Treating people kindly and with compassion? See, there's often the difference. There is a difference between shrugging your shoulders in tolerance at a man who chooses to for reasons to include mental illness dress as a woman, and celebrating it, condemning others who do not as lacking compassion, and offering up your own children as a demonstration of greater virtue. It is a sick thing going on, batshit crazy.

You say you are a liberal. Do you support it?
Of course I don't support that. Who would? If that's "left" - and you seem to want to identify it as the mainstream left, which is complete nonsense (I know tons of liberals, and no one I know would be ok with a 4 year-old touching a grown man's penis) - then what's "right?" There are plenty of instances of disgusting behavior on both sides of the fence. Do I need to link to some disgusting videos from Westboro Baptist ... or some fine Republican congressmen that are convicted pedophiles?

If you want to list the worst example on one side and imply that it's representative of a collective belief system, then you have to compare it to the worst example on the other side as well. There are plenty of murderers, pedophiles, etc. on the right as well. Those people are just as batshit insane as a person on the left who defends that situation you described.

And I didn't say that anything I said belonged to only one political ideology. I was just answering your question.

You also said this:
"does not address absolute loathsome support for the worst humanity has to offer."

Funny, but I could say the same about Trump. He is, IMHO, just about the worst humanity has to offer. I mean, granted, he's not a murderer, but he's just about everything we teach our children not to be. And I'm not even talking about the "woke" teachings these days; I'm talking about the way I was brought up (I'm 50, BTW). Among other things, he is demonstrably (in no particular order):

A chronic, pathological liar. (Lying is hardly noteworthy for a politician, but I think most can agree that he takes it to a new level.)
Completely immodest.
As thin-skinned as it gets
Misogynistic
A total narcissist
Rude
A sore loser
A bully
An adulterer
Two-faced
A gaslighter

I could go on.

If you want to think of me as a jerk and a hypocrite because I said I'm a liberal, go on. Since I don't know you from Adam (nor you me), it's no sweat off my back.

Edit: I honestly believe that we're all not as different as the Haves would like us to believe. They intentionally frame issues divisively because they've learned that it's easier to get elected when you keep people feverishly divided. I bet if I met you in real life, we would probably end up friends, because we probably wouldn't be discussing these kinds of things.

I don't know if it's a vestige of the chat room days, when everyone had the anonymity of a "handle" to shield them, but people seem to really show their ass online .. much more than they do in person. Pair that with 24-hour "news" channels that simply act as echo chambers to rile up one side's base, and you have the perfect storm for sowing division.

I bet the Haves are just laughing all the f*cking way to the bank at this point.

Last edited:
I'm not reading all of that right now, maybe later. I sorta tuned out after "mainstream".

It's happening in fucking public schools. How much more "mainstream" does it get than that?

Since the supreme court made a ruling on abortion, liberals have doubled down and are now supporting NO LIMITS on abortion. No limits, that means right up until time of birth. They'll be running on abortion this coming election. A lot of the "mainstream" liberals are going to be in the hot seat, caught between batshit crazy no limits and what the relatively sane in this country believe.

We're not talking about examples of disgusting behavior "on both sides". You proclaimed you were a liberal. Where is your line on abortion?

See, that's the problem with some people. They proclaim they are "liberal", or a "moderate". They fall back on platitudes of "compassion and understanding", when in reality they have no convictions of their own. Deny all you wish, but "I don't support that" is hardly taking a stand. No, they just stand clear and hope the shit doesn't end up on their doorstep. When it does they just roll over.

I'm not reading all of that right now, maybe later. I sorta tuned out after "mainstream".

It's happening in fucking public schools. How much more "mainstream" does it get than that?

Since the supreme court made a ruling on abortion, liberals have doubled down and are now supporting NO LIMITS on abortion. No limits, that means right up until time of birth. They'll be running on abortion this coming election. A lot of the "mainstream" liberals are going to be in the hot seat, caught between batshit crazy no limits and what the relatively sane in this country believe.

We're not talking about examples of disgusting behavior "on both sides". You proclaimed you were a liberal. Where is your line on abortion?

See, that's the problem with some people. They proclaim they are "liberal", or a "moderate". They fall back on platitudes of "compassion and understanding", when in reality they have no convictions of their own. Deny all you wish, but "I don't support that" is hardly taking a stand. No, they just stand clear and hope the shit doesn't end up on their doorstep. When it does they just roll over.
I see you like to tell women what to do. When was the last time you beat your significant other?

Ok ... thanks for nothing, I guess.
I honestly don't even know how to respond to this; it's so silly. I can't tell if you're being serious.
I've never heard of anyone lobbying for no-limit abortion. Could you please link to some instances that show that "liberals" (and not "wackos") are lobbying for this? (And try to keep it more legitimate than Breitbart or something, please.)
Although I think the abortion thing is blown out of proportion (a woman's body naturally aborts many fetuses), I'm against abortion (except in extreme cases, when it's life-threatening, or rape/incest, etc.). (Although I do support the "morning after" pill because I don't believe that life begins at conception.) But I fall on the pro-choice side simply because I want fewer abortions, and I don't think the pro-life platform of limiting birth control/sex education and preaching abstinence is an effective way to prevent unwanted pregnancies, which is the underlying factor in abortion. People have always had premarital sex, and they always will. To think otherwise is seriously delusional.
It's interesting that every person I know (seven people) that's had an abortion is pro-life. Yet, two of them have had the audacity to call Hilary a "baby killer," when they've literally done it themselves.

Anyway, considering the fact that we're trying to have a discussion instead of just talking at each other, it'd be nice if you were to actually read what I wrote, but whatever. (Funnily enough, that's kind of the gist of what you skipped over.)

Last edited:
Alex Jones just went down to the tune of 965 million. As far as "compassion and understanding", the former president has about as much
as Alex Jones.

I'm having a Third Thought. My Third Thought is...is that I should have kept my Second Thought to myself, but I didn't because I felt that enough time had passed providing everyone enough time to come to the conclusion that discussions of politics and current events would be possible IF people simp!y respected each other without resorting to lobbing insults towards each other.

It totally caught me by surprise when in post #5 Mick Doobie labeled liberal minded members of HR as being hypocrites and jerks.

As I continued reading this thread, I read that Mick described all liberals as being intolerant. Post #5, and further posts are indicative that intolerance is a two way street that Mick sees as only as a one way street.

If I ever have a Fourth Thought....... I'll keep it to myself.

I'm having a Third Thought. My Third Thought is...is that I should have kept my Second Thought to myself, but I didn't because I felt that enough time had passed providing everyone enough time to come to the conclusion that discussions of politics and current events would be possible IF people simp!y respected each other without resorting to lobbing insults towards each other.

It totally caught me by surprise when in post #5 Mick Doobie labeled liberal minded members of HR as being hypocrites and jerks.

As I continued reading this thread, I read that Mick described all liberals as being intolerant. Post #5, and further posts are indicative that intolerance is a two way street that Mick sees as only as a one way street.

If I ever have a Fourth Thought....... I'll keep it to myself.

Oh please, Mick Doobie did not do all those things. Mick Doobie made a general statement to which someone here at HR responded. Mick Doobie placed no label on that person or anyone else here at HR. If there were any labels placed on anyone here, it was by the individual(s) themselves.

Mick Doobie said:
I don't necessarily have an opinion whether you are a nice person, you may be.

I have suspected and am coming to believe that some of those who espouse to be "liberal" in the current sense of the word are in actuality not. They do not seem to be knowledgeable of the agenda(s) pushed and pursued by the current "liberal" left. Perhaps it is not entirely their fault. Well, of course it is in the sense that they have a responsibility to themselves, their families & friends, fellow citizens, and the country as a whole. With freedom comes responsibility, as the saying goes. But as we have witnessed here, rather than take a look at what it means in today's world to be a "liberal", and in being such supporting "liberal" policy & agenda, the reflex is to attack. In my opinion, whether they realize it or not they have been conditions to do so. A diversion, a distraction, it is often the easy road of opposition rather than articulating and acting in support of an ideal unrealized. We are currently governed by liberal policy, and in that a policy they claim to support as liberals. And, things are going to shit, and will continue to go to shit. They appear to be uninterested in an honest assessment of why. Why in pursuing liberal policy & agenda are things going to shit. Is there an alternative. No, not for "the liberal minded". They'd rather do as they are told, fall victim to propaganda and chase boogymen.

I could say more, but I'll keep this post short. I wouldn't want to go too looooong, too long for some

Have you tried pumpkin spice Tide pods? I have not, I am not much on pumpkin pie, but all the kids say they are absolutely delicious!

Speaking of pumpkin, I purchased a small "pie" pumpkin. I don't want to use it for pie, as I am not much for pumpkin pie. Any ideas?

I'm thinking possibly roasting whole, then scooping out the inside flesh, mash where still a bit chunky, and make soup. But that seems maybe boring, and maybe a waste.

Back