Well today was rough...

The John Garand Marksmanship Program shows that the 2nd amendment was meant, so the common man could own high powered assault rifles.
The CMP (civilian marksmanship program) was 120 years or so after the 2A. It was an interpretation of the 2A, no different than today’s debates. Only the authors of the 2A can tell you what was meant given it’s vague language.

I got up this morning and it occurred to me that those who defend the use and ownership of these types of weapons might be in denial.
I say this in the most kind way possible.
Constantly looking/pointing at any other thing possible as the problem/issue except for the actual problem.
I get it. Nobody wants to give up their toy/device/high powered rifle. But...

Nobody wants to take all of your guns away
The majority of Americans know that gun ownership has gone too far and stricter laws are required immediately
US sadly is alone in the western world with this scourge
Arguing this means you love your AR/high powered semi auto more than your kids/friends/neighbors

Doing nothing/making no change is not the answer. You might as well leave all flags at half mast forever.

Cars and vehicles kill and maim many more people than guns but I am sure thats not what you meant.

An automatic gun is a machine gun. A machine guns only use is to suppress the enemy by hitting them or keeping their heads down.

A semi auto gun is just a gun than loads itself using the gasses or recoil from the cartridge. Is it more dangerous than a single shot bolt action or pump action? It depends where it is pointing and who is using it and what for.

High powered. High powered doesnt make any difference to a gun except for long range of penetration. The majority of rifles have to be what you say is high powered. A low powered gun would be something like a small low calibre pistol.

I dont know what gun this man used to commit his crime.
Hey Ed. How's the weather over there in the UK?

Arguing this means you love your AR/high powered semi auto more than your kids/friends/neighbors
no, it does not.

its not vague. the people of the times knew exactly what it meant. quit playing with words. its not even up for discussion.

some 18,22 y/o punk isnt gonna single handed tear down the constitution.

no, it does not.

its not vague. the people of the times knew exactly what it meant. quit playing with words. its not even up for discussion.

some 18,22 y/o punk isnt gonna single handed tear down the constitution.
It IS up for discussion. It's called an "amendment" for a reason.

It scares the shit out of me to think you may be right.
But... there was a weapons ban before and I think it was overturned in 1996? Needs to come back.
No there wasn't. And if there were this ain't 1996. Nothing will change and there's no point in talking about it. An overwhelming majority of Americans want gun rights reform but the people we elect into office aren't having it "for some reason" drrr.

Funny you don’t hear about the lunatic that plowed his SUV into the crowd at the Christmas parade.
They’re not trying to ban SUVs........

.......oh wait.
Give it time, climate change ya know.

Funny you don’t hear about the lunatic that plowed his SUV into the crowd at the Christmas parade.
They’re not trying to ban SUVs........
Or rope. Funny how a guy strangled another guy with a rope once but no one is trying to ban rope. YET. They're coming for our rope too though and they can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Or rope. Funny how a guy strangled another guy with a rope once but no one is trying to ban rope. YET. They're coming for our rope too though and they can pry it from my cold dead hands.
Or soap. There was a guy who purposely put soap in the bathtub. His wife slipped on it, hit her head and died!
But do they ban soap, of course not!
Now... when you think of soap on a rope, things get really nasty! But of course the NSA (National Soap Assoc) pays off a lot of politicians, so again, nothing gets done!

How can soap money be so... dirty?!!???
:cautious:

Back