OAN says “no widespread voter fraud” after settling defamation suit.

See, the word “damning” is already biased. The reader should infer that from the facts. I don’t care if you replace Clinton with Trump. Media should not use the word “damning” or “slams” or anything remotely similar to that. You say the facts and the reader or listener should decide for themselves if it’s damning.

It used to be to keep our government in check. The media gave us an unbiased check and balance system that was born in the US constitution.
That’s the second goal, and yes, they should serve as the fourth estate. But what’s the first goal. And this first goal has ALWAYS been this way.

If the media fails its constitutional duty, then I won't be listening.
Media has no constitutional duty. The only thing mentioning media is the first amendment and that is that government shall make no law abridging the freedom of the press. It has literally NO constitutional duty.

This stuff is potentially bigger than watergate
See, the word “damning” is already biased. The reader should infer that from the facts. I don’t care if you replace Clinton with Trump. Media should not use the word “damning” or “slams” or anything remotely similar to that. You say the facts and the reader or listener should decide for themselves if it’s damning.
I agree. But it is my belief and observation ALL media is biased.

Media has no constitutional duty. The only thing mentioning media is the first amendment and that is that government shall make no law abridging the freedom of the press. It has literally NO constitutional duty.

My political science course got it all wrong about how the media is supposed to work in a democracy.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
I should have turned off the news a long time ago.

Okay, as far as I know, we don’t. I have never been instructed to run or not run a certain story because of corporate saying so. I have been told a story isn’t news worthy from my bosses because it’s just that—not news worthy.
You're not in the loop to know what orders your bosses are under and where those orders originate. They come from people you're never going to meet.

Reactions: RFR
You could do the world a great informational service by explaining:
1) Why democrats think voting machines, mail in voting, and no voter ID are good for a fair and secure election.
2) Why anyone that questions them is a lunatic.
I think that would help the people in developed countries like England, France, and Germany to understand how our country got so divided over it.
These countries don't allow these things in their elections, and their citizens don't understand why our country does allow these things.
As a citizen of the USA, neither do I understand why.
Thank you very much.

See, the word “damning” is already biased. The reader should infer that from the facts.
Likewise for a Mueller investigation that did not exonerate Trump, wouldn't you say, especially in light of the "damning text" from Sussman?
Is Trump exonerated now?
Don't you think that the exoneration innuendo is a little more than just biased?

It should. The constitution is the law of the land.

Regarding these threads... You are an ‘insider’ of sorts.
Instead of belittling all of us. Take heed.
You’re gaining valuable insight. More and more people aren’t trusting the media.
Why is that? Maybe it’s time to look in the mirror and fix that.

You're not in the loop to know what orders your bosses are under and where those orders originate. They come from people you're never going to meet.
Using your own logic against you, you don’t work here, so you don’t have any say. You’re just speculating.

That an outright !ie!
I don’t have to prove anything to you. Call it a lie all you want.

You’re gaining valuable insight. More and more people aren’t trusting the media.
Then it wouldn’t be a “free press” now would it?

So is no one going to continue guessing what the first goal of media is?

People don’t even know what media is. Like you, you think it’s 5-6 entities when it’s way, way, way more than that. You’ve created this idea of media in your head. Of course they think it’s biased. They look at media that challenges their predispositions and call THAT mainstream media, but the media they watch? No, that doesn’t count.

The free press was replaced by "controlled information".
Dan Rather was teaching a $25 course about it. https://www.udemy.com/course/danrather/

"You’ll learn how the information we consume is controlled by only a few corporations and what that means for the state of a free press."
Yes, the information people consume. Not the information that’s available.

It’s like this. You have 10 favorite bands. The music you consume is just a few bands. But there are thousands and thousands of bands out there.

Yes, the information people consume. Not the information that’s available.

It’s like this. You have 10 favorite bands. The music you consume is just a few bands. But there are thousands and thousands of bands out there.
I think Mr. Rather has genuine concerns about how corporate control affects a free press as we once knew it.
The media syndicates infringe on the free press like the bands that get shelved by their label -- if you want to use a band analogy.

Here's another nugget:

"Next, you’ll look at the differences between networks who pursue real reporting versus those who seek out ratings and you’ll learn how to discern between the two in what you consume and create."

It sounds like your media ideals fall by the wayside when it comes to sales and making payroll. The harsh reality, is media is a business. Employees can't live off of IOUs.

Last edited:
If you want my opinion, the press in the U.S. has never been more free. There are more news organizations than ever and Rather started at a time when there were just three channels on the TV. Just three. There’s no way it was more free in the past.

I think it’d even be hard to classify what “mainstream media”—which is different from “media”—even is. So many people are basically just listening to what they want nowadays. Don’t you like that? The fact that you can get your information from wherever suits your fancy? Would you rather we go back to three news stations?

People don’t even know what media is. Like you, you think it’s 5-6 entities when it’s way, way, way more than that. You’ve created this idea of media in your head. Of course they think it’s biased. They look at media that challenges their predispositions and call THAT mainstream media, but the media they watch? No, that doesn’t count.
Oh, quit being such a condescending fuck .
And yes the mainstream media is controlled by a handful of corporations.
You turn on the tv and you flip through the stations . That’s the mainstream media. The big guys. That’s not in my head. Yes, you have lots of other media down to the locals, internet journalism, citizen journalism etc.

Back