VST not loading in Audition 3

RRuskin

Rick Ruskin
A few days ago Audition 3 stopped finding a few of my UAD plugins. Rescanning the VST folders and refreshing the plugins list doesn't solve the problem. My other DAW programs have no such trouble so I know it's within Audition. Anyone else ever experience this? If so, how did you solve it?

Have the UAD plug-ins been updated recently? I would guess that Audition 3 doesn't work with VST3 or 64 bit plug-ins.

Have the UAD plug-ins been updated recently? I would guess that Audition 3 doesn't work with VST3 or 64 bit plug-ins.
I'm using the appropriate driver version for what I have. I don't update unless absolutely necessary. I have changed nothing. It worked one day and got weird the next.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, I also had a problem with a Windows update the other day. It was solved by properly restarting the machine rather than just shutting down and then switching the machine on again.

Thinking about it, I also had a problem with a Windows update the other day. It was solved by properly restarting the machine rather than just shutting down and then switching the machine on again.

I'm running Windows 7 - no updates are possible anymore. It's definitely an Audition 3 problem for sure. All other DAWS see all the UAD plugins. Audition did but now doesn't. What do you mean by "properly restarting the machine." You either tell it to restart or to shut down completely. Cutting the power with the OS still open is then only improper way as far as I know.

With Windows 10 it seems to close the applications but then do something closer to hibernating when you shut down normally so that it starts up faster next time you use the computer. If you want to start up completely from scratch you have to tell it to restart. In my case it must have changed some kind of low level driver for the processor which meant that the processor stopped working at full speed. Shutting down and then switching on again didn't change anything but restarting did.

With Windows 10 it seems to close the applications but then do something closer to hibernating when you shut down normally so that it starts up faster next time you use the computer. If you want to start up completely from scratch you have to tell it to restart. In my case it must have changed some kind of low level driver for the processor which meant that the processor stopped working at full speed. Shutting down and then switching on again didn't change anything but restarting did.
I'm running Windows 7. I've told it to restart, which is not a complete shutdown because power is still on. I've also told it to shut down and then cut the power at the source no juice going into the computer at all. The problem remains even when I power back up and reboot.

Last edited:
Probably not the issue if the VSTs are working in other programs fine, but I had an issue the other day where half of my VSTs wouldn't load in Reaper for some reason... I had worked on them fine a few days prior... it turned out the problem was some lame Windows update and lack of storage space, somehow my Microsoft VC+ distribution install got messed up during the failed Windows update so re-installing the latest Microsoft VC+ distribution worked and all my VSTs would load again. Just posting this here for someone that this may be helpful for if not for the OP.

Back