Top 9 States for Covid-Infection-Rate are More Vaccinated than the National-Average

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you decided to actually believe science, you would dig a little deeper. %-wise vax+ boostered people are getting less sick than those only vaxed who are getting less sick than those not vaccinated. Same holds true for hospitalizations. No one ever said the vaccination would PREVENT getting COVID (but it does lessen the chance). Why are the numbers up in teh most-vaccinated states? Easy - people are being too carefree because of it, and not wearing masks, practicing social distancing etc.

If you decided to actually believe science, you would dig a little deeper.

So you agree with Mr. Trump, that the vaccines are a smashing success.

No one ever said the vaccination would PREVENT getting COVID

Short memory.... LOL

Last edited:
So you agree with Mr. Trump, that the vaccines are a smashing success.

Short memory.... LOL

LOL
Amazing what selective editing can make things look like! Right in that Fortune article you linked, it states: "Note 4.2.21: Since CDC Director Rochelle Walensky made the comments discussed below, scientists have pushed back against the idea that vaccinated people “don’t carry the virus.” "

Again, YOU don't understand science.

Since you only seem to read headlines (I doubt you subscribed to Fortune to read that whole article), here's thelast paragraph of that Yahoo article:

Advice for staying safe hasn't changed. Doctors say to wear masks indoors, avoid crowds and get vaccinated and boosted. Even though the shots won’t always keep you from catching the virus, they'll make it much more likely you stay alive and out of the hospital.

Reactions: TAE
If you decided to actually believe science, you would dig a little deeper. %-wise vax+ boostered people are getting less sick than those only vaxed who are getting less sick than those not vaccinated. Same holds true for hospitalizations. No one ever said the vaccination would PREVENT getting COVID (but it does lessen the chance). Why are the numbers up in teh most-vaccinated states? Easy - people are being too carefree because of it, and not wearing masks, practicing social distancing etc.

To be fair, that is not true that no one ever said the vaccination would PREVENT getting COVID. We all saw them say those things real time, let's not pretend we did not. There is a compilation I can't be bothered to find with numerous people to include Fauci and Biden saying just that. Of course given editing Fauci may have included that the vaccine wasn't 100%, but i'm sure not so with others in the video. As I said, to include Biden, and many talking heads. Of course I realize things can change with time and additional information, much to the chagrin of the science is settled evangelists.

There should be no shame in recognizing the narrative has changed from the vaccination will prevent one from getting the virus to the so-called vaccine would lessen the severity of the virus everyone regardless of vax status is absolutely vulnerable to catching. It's catchy, for everyone, contrary to what some have said in the past.

Why, are cruise ships risky? They require full vax and boosters and a neg test to depart. The whole ship is sterile, and goes to no port. Yet the passengers develop covid...WTF?

Are you guys totally blind or just illiterate?

Yes, INITIALLY, people were saying the vaccinations would prevent getting infected. After more scientific studies, they changed that. I certainly never said it (here or elsewhere).

Let me repeat what I posted in post #7, since you didn't read it there, despite it being in BOLD font.:

Advice for staying safe hasn't changed. Doctors say to wear masks indoors, avoid crowds and get vaccinated and boosted. Even though the shots won’t always keep you from catching the virus, they'll make it much more likely you stay alive and out of the hospital.

Why, are cruise ships risky? They require full vax and boosters and a neg test to depart. The whole ship is sterile, and goes to no port. Yet the passengers develop covid...WTF?
Because depending on the type of test taken, it is not 100% accurate. When the person became infected and when they were tested in relation to that also plays a factor - taking a test within a day or two of getting infected usually results in a false-negative test. So those people showing negative, may in fact be carrying the virus and may be asymptomatic.

So those people showing negative, may in fact be carrying the virus and may be asymptomatic.
That says to me they shouldn't be relying on those tests to go cruising.

The cruiser's (Eddie Lives!) are being lulled into a false state of security. They board their death boats to go into the Ocean without proper medical care during a pandemic.

Last edited:
It's strange how the US are for once behind the rest of the world. The facts are that we do have science to deal with vaccines, but we don't have science to deal with people. First thing is that people adjust everything to suit their personal needs. Somebody that must not on any account lose a job, or contract, or other important event can produce a negative test, when positive. The wide spectrum and variable sensitivity of the lateral flow tests means that it's also possible to turn a very mild infection to a double line result, with increased time and concentration of the test. Here we have track and trace - people beeping into venues with QR codes, but we also have a certificate on your phone to confirm your vaccination status. Ask any medical professional who works in a hospital and you see trends. These change with time. When my mother died of covid - she was among the many older people with chest complaints pre-existing. 18 months later, the people in hospital are younger, but not as ill. If you like, people like my mum were dying, but now people are younger, healthier and the infection means they are not that ill, and most get better. I have been working in a theatre with 30 people since November and you can actually follow the covid infections. One person brings it in, and in a few days people are testing positive. PCR tests just confirm they have it, and today PCR tests here have been abandoned. If your lateral flow is positive you isolate for 7 days. After 3, maybe 4, your lateral flow goes back to negative. At 7 days in you come back. I had 8 dancers go down to 3, then today back to 7 - it should have been 8, but a new case popped up - one who was with them last week, but only failed the test today.

Lots of people lie. They take a test, it's positive, so they do another and don't poke the thing up their nose far enough - they test negative and go to work. I'm sure people do this. If they are due to fly, then they need a negative result - they get one.

The PCR tests here are carried out by trained people - they do them TO you, so more fail because the test is done better. The stats are skewed because nobody knows how it works - which tests are valid, or which aren't.

Clearly the virus exists and some people die, others don't. Vaccinations like ALL vaccinations reduce the infection rate, or reduce the symptoms unpleasantness. The worst a vaccination can do is make you feel a bit, or a lot ill - but making your resistance higher. These are facts. Leaders, all over the world play up or down various scientific data to suit their needs. Why are we surprised.

People are free to be stupid and they are free to believe the rubbish the net publishes to scare the stupider people. This happens on almost every subject. People should educate themselves properly and make their own mind up. Disbelieve anyone why says they don't have it, and avoid groups in general. Wearing a mask won't ever make getting covid more likely - so war a mask. If you have to legally remove it to eat or drink, and worry - then avoid public eating and drinking. Some will over react, some under react. It doesn't matter - just do your thing, and take your own steps. Trust nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back