You Were The Walrus

stratmonkee

Hey guys, been a long time...long story , but basically have had to get a whole new recording rig together for home....using a Line 6 Pod GO....ez and relatively inexpensive. Am still learning my way around it and wanted to try and get a Beatles Leslie type guitar sound , as well as a cool bass guitar patch....for the melodic leadish thing thru out the song, I used a new pedal Ive picked up called a attack decay by EHX....very fun to mess with....all guitars are my strat except traditional type guitar lead which is a les paul, Bass is a Rickenbaker 4001...evreything thru the pod
You Were The Walrus

i like the drums especially the toms sounding over my head, everything sounds clear.
It's a great song - clever parts - real psychedelic - but there is a over load on Midrange to a harsh high end, Works on the drums - and you don't hear it on the bass - but the guitars,.....

Manslick

i like the drums especially the toms sounding over my head, everything sounds clear.

Thanks Manslick, the drums where from the Simon Phillips loop collection...this particular song I pulled them from the "slow Floyd " set . Thanks for the listen!

It's a great song - clever parts - real psychedelic - but there is a over load on Midrange to a harsh high end, Works on the drums - and you don't hear it on the bass - but the guitars,.....
Hey Papanate, thanks for listening commenting, I hear that as well after giving my ears a break for a day. I'm going to give some attention to the guitars and over all mix

Really like your lead in this, sound & melody! mix has nice clarity, with
the sounds spread out nicely. well done!

New gear is a lot of fun, happy accidents are there for the taking. Thanks for posting your setup, it's always interesting to see the rigs ppl are jamming on. Pedals are great, they can take you in many unexpected directions. This is such a cool track, the way it glides along. I can't fault the mix. Couple of listens now, and I like it even more, melodies are excellent, great job. Actually the next track sounds good too. Soundcloud wouldn't tell me what it was called, more of a straight up rocker

Tried out another EHX pedal I have recently picked up, its called the Mel -9 mellotron pedal....added a track of "cello" to this song....for those who listened before and want to take the time, let me know if you can hear "cello" :LOL:...very finicky to get that sound with picking guitar , very sensitive to picking dynamics....a lot of fun to mess around with though!
heres a link , same as the top of thread:
You Where The Walrus with cello

Back