"Time To Breathe" A Pink Floyd Inspired jam

I enjoyed that. Thank you. I could swear you were channeling Frank Marino in spots there - a little :listeningmusic:
haha, man I wore out my "Frank Marino And Mahogany Rush -Live" album back in the day :listeningmusic:, big fav of mine! Thanks man, that puts a huge smile on my face !

Are we even allowed to critique things in the mix forum anymore?
Oh well, here goes. (all just the opinion of a fellow musician) 🙂

I enjoyed it, but wished it was an actual song.

Your playing is good and deserves more than a line 6 pod. All the sounds seem very in the box and generic. Amped guitars would sound so much better.

If it was recorded with amps and had more of a song structure with vocals, you’d have something really cool. As an instrumental it seems to go on kind of long.

One thing that surprised me, was how good the Electro Harmonix organ pedal sounded. 😎

Are we even allowed to critique things in the mix forum anymore?
Oh well, here goes. (all just the opinion of a fellow musician) 🙂

I enjoyed it, but wished it was an actual song.

Your playing is good and deserves more than a line 6 pod. All the sounds seem very in the box and generic. Amped guitars would sound so much better.

If it was recorded with amps and had more of a song structure with vocals, you’d have something really cool. As an instrumental it seems to go on kind of long.

One thing that surprised me, was how good the Electro Harmonix organ pedal sounded. 😎
Critique is whole purpose of this place , no? :-):-)
Long story short, the cover band I'm in is learning the song "Time" by Pink Floyd, and as I'm working on learning the song, I use my Pod for practice(Don't use it live, use a real amp/stomp boxes) anyways, dialing in some Floydish tones for "Time", just started noodling around and came up with this . It could use some editing for sure as it gets a little long and samey. I'm working on songwriting and arrangement, thats why critiques are so awesome for learning.
Cool on the C9 pedal, that line of pedals by Electro Harmonix is quite remarkable , I use the C9 and the MEL9 both for recording , and my live rig, very fun to use, and its funny to see peoples expressions sometimes when they cant figure out who/what is making that sound .
Thanks for your comments , I value and appreciate the feedback!

Reactions: RFR
Critique is whole purpose of this place , no? :-):-)
Long story short, the cover band I'm in is learning the song "Time" by Pink Floyd, and as I'm working on learning the song, I use my Pod for practice(Don't use it live, use a real amp/stomp boxes) anyways, dialing in some Floydish tones for "Time", just started noodling around and came up with this . It could use some editing for sure as it gets a little long and samey. I'm working on songwriting and arrangement, thats why critiques are so awesome for learning.
Cool on the C9 pedal, that line of pedals by Electro Harmonix is quite remarkable , I use the C9 and the MEL9 both for recording , and my live rig, very fun to use, and its funny to see peoples expressions sometimes when they cant figure out who/what is making that sound .
Thanks for your comments , I value and appreciate the feedback!
I’ve been thinking of picking up one of those pedals, as I play guitar better than keys. ;)

Been a bit reluctant because the right person can make anything on a video sound good.

But you provided a real life example of one in use. 👍🏼

Hopefully any comments I made can be in a positive light and used for betterment.

Your playing is good.👍🏼

I’ve been thinking of picking up one of those pedals, as I play guitar better than keys. ;)

Been a bit reluctant because the right person can make anything on a video sound good.

But you provided a real life example of one in use. 👍🏼

Hopefully any comments I made can be in a positive light and used for betterment.

Your playing is good.👍🏼
They definitely can be a fun creative tool... I find they are very responsive to the way you pick, with some models sounding better using a finger picking style rather then a pic, the attack can really make a difference. I'm a pedal junkie , love messing with sounds !

I liked this track, and it made me think that 6/8 is a time sig that's not used enough. I thought I'd like to try something I'm 6/8, with the same stuff - guitars drums bass and guitar, even though I'm not a guitarist, and a bass player instead. I tried a chord sequence and it sounded not remotely like Pink Floyd, but more like Gary Moore (the song not the guitar). Then I looked at the organ - Floyd (in 6/8) have it start on beat 4, and that makes it sound like Floyd. If the organ starts on beat 1 it doesn't. So my version flips a bit from a slow blues 6/8 Gary Moore song to a Floyd song using a melody a bit like a Santana track. Funny how little tweaks change it so much.

You had some Real Nice lead spots here. I'm for sure going to check out the organ pedal. Very nice sound and could be a Lot of fun. Enjoyed it .. mark

I like it a lot! Just uploaded my own Floyd-inspired mix and very surprised to see this posted!

Guitar tone is nice, playing is very nice. Good job all around.

Back