"Betrayed By The Cheese"

stratmonkee

Just did this little demo to take to my band to possibly play in our sets for a little instrumental thing. Guitar is a '95 Fender Strat Plus Deluxe, Bass guitar is Rickenbacker 4001. Both recorded thru a Pod GO. Drums were loops from betamonkee.

What is that cool effect on the solo at 1:10? IMO i think for an instrumental you may need more of a 'hook'. That little riff is cool but not sure it can carry the track? perhaps it'll grab me more though in a proper band context. :) You have a great guitar tone.

Last edited:
Nice jam. I have been betrayed by that cheeze sooo many times...you know.
:ROFLMAO: As have I my friend....as have I ....
Thanks for the listen!
What is that cool effect on the solo at 1:10? IMO i think for an instrumental you may need more of a 'hook'. That little riff is cool but not sure it can carry the track? perhaps it'll grab me more though in a proper band context. :) You have a great guitar tone.
That is a Earth Quake Devices Spatial Delivery pedal , kind of a envelope filter effect I'm using on the sample/hold setting, I'm running it in the effects loop of my Pod GO. Fun pedal. Totally agree on needing a strong hook to carry a instrumental, still working on that with my music, believe it or not the riff I'm playing was inspired by Sevie Ray Vaughns riff in his song, Couldn't Stand The Weather....we gonna try and play it live soon...Thanks for the feedback!

Catchy, catchy.

Totally cool excursion @ 1.50

Sure, you could do this as an instrumental. Or wed it to good lyrics, and you'd have a song that kicked ass in the non-sung sections.

Aim for a wider stage w/ more separation, bud, in more of the song (particularly the early section). That's my ONLY advice. Everything is otherwise good ... but the opening section is a bit all up the center. Don't be afraid to use panning to isolate instruments. :D

A single iceberg lettuce costs AUD$11 here at the moment. I look forward to cheese betrayal any tick of the clock. It's almost to the point where I'll have to mug myself at knife point for spare change. But I'd have to be quick because the pocket picking and shake downs have become prolific and brazen.

Sounds nice and live. Skillful playing, nice riffs and licks.

Ok, well I will separate myself from the cheese assignation with haste.. Not even sure what that means. lol
Love the vibe here! I do feel a separation from the guitar and the rhythm section. Meaning that the low end doesn't seem to be punching as it should. Overall it sounds great. Only suggestion would be to work with the drums and bass to be more punchy together.
Overall, I enjoyed it without wanting to make suggestions. But you asked so... :)

Got a real Chilli Pepper vibe this one, esp the snare sound. Wow awesome little break at 1.08. What a great sound. I don't think that section at 1.55 fits with the rest of it. If you're looking to use it as a live interlude I would take take the first 1.30, add the last 0.30, brief, punchy, done. Nice jam

Nice FUNK. I totally agree with K-dub about the early section sounding too narrow , it sounds Fine everywhere else. I Loved the effects and your playing. Enjoyed it .. mark

Back