Bye Bye Gearslutz Political correctness rears its ugly head

There are many words where the meanings change within slang and the time. But, they're not outlawed. You're not quieted because you use them. You might be insulted. You might have assholes say "you shouldn't say that." But, you're not silenced. You're not forced to change.

Context is a word PC assholes have removed from their vocabulary.
Quite often you are. Not many workplaces will tolerate anything which can be considered offensive. Public arenas too - Social media, forums.
Sure you can say what you like in your own house but that's not as much fun, is it? ;)

If you're interested in forced changes to use of language have a look at Jordan Peterson's last few years. :laughings:

Anyone who believes in formal language use is mentally ill. If you want to fight you fight.

Yall went to schools too long and gots sick wit da spelling.

Fuck Jordan Peterson too.

George Orwell in 1984 talked extensively about changing of the language. Newspeak. Change the language, you change how people think.

Interesting how Orwell's prescience produced this word. It can be modified.. the original NewSpeak, then the interesting and quite applicable for these times, NewsPeak.

And it's not just words anymore.. now it's moved onto 'appropriated'. If someone, anyone, in the public eye produces or promotes a food item which was originated by one ethnicity, but the person doing so is of another ethnicity, they're lambasted for 'appropriating' the 'property/ideas' of the original ethnic group.

IOW, if an Asian restaurant owner has Irish Stew on their menu, they may be taken to task or have their business disrupted from some group or person's social outcry of 'theft' of ethnic property.

Last edited:
Interesting how Orwell's prescience produced this word. It can be modified.. the original NewSpeak, then the interesting and quite applicable for these times, NewsPeak.

And it's not just words anymore.. now it's moved onto 'appropriated'. If someone, anyone, in the public eye produces or promotes a food item which was originated by one ethnicity, but the person doing so is of another ethnicity, they're lambasted for 'appropriating' the 'property/ideas' of the original ethnic group.

IOW, if an Asian restaurant owner has Irish Stew on their menu, they may be taken to task or have their business disrupted from some group or person's social outcry of 'theft' of ethnic property.
...and clothing/costumes as well. Halloween has become a mine field. Alright by me, but funny how people think.
I always thought Halloween was a bad thing anyway. Dress up as something or someone you're not; mask yourself as to be unidentifiable; go and ask people for something you haven't earned and don't deserve with the threat of consequences if they do not comply. This sounds like good training for people who want their kids to grow up to rob convenience stores...

I always thought Halloween was a bad thing anyway. Dress up as something or someone you're not; mask yourself as to be unidentifiable;

Man I loved Halloween growing up Candy fricking Heaven! And then as a teen and the girls dressing up all sexy n shit...DAMN! What's not to like?

As an adult / homeowner I had some fun scaring the shit out of my teen and adult trick or treaters...(didn't do it to the little kids)......I set up a big tarantula looking rubber spider on fishing string above the door and when teens or adults of the proper age, worthy of getting freaked out came to the door I'd bend over to the bowl of candy and trip the string and the spider would drop down in front of their faces...OH SHIT frickin heart attacks! :eek: Good times...till I got my assed kicked ( kidding) :D

smoke two joints and mellow out :laughings:

Like words to talk about words, cause you want to talk about more words? Sounds like you're diggin a hole.

Use words to talk to each other about ideas and stories. Pass information.

Not use words to talk about, and change words.

Nobody is gonna be lording over anybody with language. English is not a programming language. If you get everything just right, nothing happens.

Yeah, you know what helps with mellowing out? Burn one and watch TV for like a year.

If you have a contract saying you're going to get paid one million dollars, then the person who owes you that money says it really means one hundred dollars, you're going to get pretty damn worked up about the precise meanings of words.

Wow ...ya know how they show similar threads down at the bottom of the thread....

Gotta say ol Dragon was a tolerant patient dude...Hardly any of ya's here were here when Clayton who's user name was S8n running the threads with his spin on not so niceness..he made the Gerg seem like a choir boy...really smart, but really caustic and naughty and the composition of harsh phrases were sometimes like Holy Hell...Choad fellatin turd gurgler and much much more...definitely an excitable boy with a most extensive foul language vocabulary. The boy could talk some shit. And yet really contribute some great stuff conversely...weird.

So just to get a little taste of the Dragon Cave days since for some reason this thread was posted elsewhere I present to you the unforgettable, unforgiveable S8N

If you have a contract saying you're going to get paid one million dollars, then the person who owes you that money says it really means one hundred dollars, you're going to get pretty damn worked up about the precise meanings of words.

Trade has been happening longer than law.

Liars and cheats dont fit into any civil model.

Language police...Who the fuck made that up. You just come up with that.

Speaking properly is a courtesy. Honesty is mandatory.

Social media is overly utopian. The world is not furry puppies. We hate each other. There is tolerance but schools wore it thin. Schools were misused. Education was not a competition. You cannot build any future on what they did. Yall will start over from dirt just like everybody else. Pick a pine box.

Wow ...ya know how they show similar threads down at the bottom of the thread....

What an idiot.
20 years hasn't changed a lot. There's still always some idiot who thinks it's cool to fight for his divine right to be offensive for the sake of it on an audio forum, or whatever it is they hold so dear. :confused:

What an idiot.
20 years hasn't changed a lot. There's still always some idiot who thinks it's cool to fight for his divine right to be offensive for the sake of it on an audio forum, or whatever it is they hold so dear. :confused:

I couldn't see anything offensive. What are you talking about? Confused.:confused:

If language is too fluid then there's really no such thing as a liar, just people with "alternative meanings" for words.

No. well perhaps..from the liars point of view... But I said already honesty, is mandatory for civil times to occur. And the liars point of view doesn't count. It is wrong.

Lying is still fighting.

Working on the southside for 12+ years..If you need to communicate, pointing and grunting works just fine.

Also it doesnt matter what meaning you come up with. It is the meaning of the speaker that counts. You want a completed transmission.

Back