"Winter" - alternative

Great tune and performance as always.
There's something weird about the sound when it's really loud, like you've got a compressor set with too fast a release, but just in the lower registers (MBC?)...kinda pushes then lets go, repeat until it quiets down. I kinda like the lofi sound of the echo. Was not really ready for the first drum beat that hit. Seemed like way too busy on the hats (personal pref). Agree with shelving the vocals around 10-12k to boost some air. Cymbals and hi-hats are really clear and crisp.

Great tune and performance as always.
There's something weird about the sound when it's really loud, like you've got a compressor set with too fast a release, but just in the lower registers (MBC?)...kinda pushes then lets go, repeat until it quiets down. I kinda like the lofi sound of the echo. Was not really ready for the first drum beat that hit. Seemed like way too busy on the hats (personal pref). Agree with shelving the vocals around 10-12k to boost some air. Cymbals and hi-hats are really clear and crisp.

thanks Broken. There's no MBC, so maybe it's the compressors on the bass or kick, or the sidechain connecting them, but i think i had longer release times. You may be right, i'll double check that - thanks for pointing it out. and i liked the lift on the hats and cymbals too, hats especially. that was the 2 buss lift around 8khz on a 6db slope. not much, about 2db.

I can't offer any advice on the mix but it sounds good on my phone. I will be checking it out later cause I really like the song. Great performance.

Back