Best Seymour Duncan Pickups for a Squier Affinity Telecaster???

I'm impressed - Anna Calvi is great - didn't expect a fat middle aged American to know who she was.

I agree, I am probably not Joan Jett's type!

I'm impressed - Anna Calvi is great - didn't expect a fat middle aged American to know who she was.

I agree, I am probably not Joan Jett's type!

I'm not fat, but this middle aged american didn't know who she was. So I youtubed her. Meh. Just another alt "singer/songwriter" girl with a guitar. At least hers is electric though. I'll give her that. It beats the shit out of being another dumb girl with an acoustic.

I'm not fat, but this middle aged american didn't know who she was. So I youtubed her. Meh. Just another alt "singer/songwriter" girl with a guitar. At least hers is electric though. I'll give her that. It beats the shit out of being another dumb girl with an acoustic.
She knows how to screw the fuck out of a telecaster which is good enough for me. She's also hot.
She's probably a little too mellow and singer/songwriter alternative for you. Earlier PJ Harvey is probably more your cup of tea

She knows how to screw the fuck out of a telecaster which is good enough for me. She's also hot.
She's probably a little too mellow and singer/songwriter alternative for you. Earlier PJ Harvey is probably more your cup of tea

Yup, she's okay but I had my fill of that wimpy shit in the early 90s. But as long as she's hot, right? That's all that matters.

PJ is cool - my Dad likes her. s He was a huge influence on me. Taught me guitar. He always said he "loved everything on 4AD." Neither he or I are fat.... But Frank Black is we we both like him (Pixies) too. It's nice to see that one of you music snob, old fart, fast food eating, twice a month showering slobs know about Anna Calvi.

Mutt - please answer my questions!

The Pixies are fucking awesome. I think they're way better as a unit than Frank Black is on his own. He probably eats a lot of fast food.

Jzod - I suspect we have a lot of music overlap. are you an old, fat slob like the rest of these guys?

Yup, she's okay but I had my fill of that wimpy shit in the early 90s. But as long as she's hot, right? That's all that matters.
What music do you actually like, Greg? I wouldn't call PJ wimpy shit. Some of her stuff is really hard edged and abrasive. She's done some really mellow stuff too mind - she's pretty varied. She's great live.

I wouldn't call PJ hot, but she's fucking brilliant

Jzod - I suspect we have a lot of music overlap. are you an old, fat slob like the rest of these guys?
I am old (by music standards), 34. I'm not a slob though, I am not American and I'm deffo not fat! I just have too many other things to spend money on than music gear (houses, surfboards, surf trips) so I just have to make the best of what I have and it takes me ages to save up for gear.

What music do you actually like, Greg?

I mostly like first/second generation punk and pre-punk garage kind of stuff. I like a lot of surf-punk surfabilly type stuff too. Psychobilly. A little buttrock, but not much. I like AC/DC, I like Guns n Roses one good album - Appetite - but mostly I just like American punk rock. Ramones, NY Dolls, Johnny Thunders, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, stuff like that. A lot of the brit shit too. The Clash is one of my favorite bands. Some modern silly pop-punk like the Fat Wreck stuff.

I am old (by music standards), 34. I'm not a slob though, I am not American and I'm deffo not fat! I just have too many other things to spend money on than music gear (houses, surfboards, surf trips) so I just have to make the best of what I have and it takes me ages to save up for gear.

You ever surf In Cornwall? We should hook up and catch a few. You can always find me on Godrevy beach during most of August. I have got both the boys onto longboards now so looking forward to my surfing swan song years....

Yeah, that is how these things usually happen.

Thing is I wasn't even that abrasive on this occasion. There sure are a lot of people who cant handle the interweb.. and the number can only increase with the lazy ass mindset of many people these days.

Back