The Official BOSS BR-800 Thread

Cant get stuff from PC to BR800..

Hi....seem to have drivers insalled...have attached USB lead...have tried to record a file ( MP3) whilst PC plays to the BR in recording mode...just get "Ticking" noise...like a metronome.?? any ideas ian

Hi....seem to have drivers insalled...have attached USB lead...have tried to record a file ( MP3) whilst PC plays to the BR in recording mode...just get "Ticking" noise...like a metronome.?? any ideas ian

Hi ipri,

Did you select « USB» as your BR-800 input source? (MENU ---> INPUT SELECT ---> USB) Make sure your sound playback device on your computer is set to USB (I think it's somewhere in your settings/sound & audio panel (Windows... can't help your here, I'm still running WindowsXP!!!). You can also go analog using a stereo jack from your computer's audio out to your BR-800's LINE IN and select « LINE IN » as your input source. (MENU ---> INPUT SELECT ---> USB)

Let me know if this helps or not.

Good luck,
Ben

From the manual:
Here’s how audio data played back by your computer can
be sent to the BR-800 via USB and recorded on the BR-800’s
tracks.
Use a USB cable to connect the BR-800 to your
computer.
In your computer’s audio playback software, switch
the audio output destination to the BR-800.
For details on how to switch the output destination,
refer to the owner’s manual for the software you’re
using.
Press [MENU].
The MENU screen will appear.
Use the CURSOR [ ] [ ] buttons to move the
cursor to “INPUT SELECT,” and press the [ENTER]
button.
The INPUT SELECT screen will appear.
Use the CURSOR [ ] [ ] buttons to move the
cursor to “INPUT,” and use the dial to choose USB.
D_InputSelect_USB.eps
Press [EXIT] a number of times to return to the play
screen.
Record as described in “Recording” (p. 36).

You can download the manual here: BOSS U.S. - Product Manuals

Thanks for the help...I have done the transfer by copying to minidisk ( remember them?)...then recording to BR800.....I will keep trying the usb route...I hate to be beaten!

Hi, TBOF, I have a BR1200 myself which has the punk patch for di'ing bass, i really like the deep low growl you managed which doesn't quite tally with punk patch sound untouched, would you care to share the EQ settings you employed after inserting the effect?

Cheers
Alec.

hello Folks
here in switzerland i use the br800. i have one question:
how ca i read the song Settings of each channel of a song i have done before? that means he is finished for example since 3 weeks, an i like to know witch sttings hat the rythm guitar ans so on
sincerely
peter

Can I move between songs??

Hi...when I'm on a song (BR800)...can I jump to the next recorded track without having to go to "Song" then selecting the next number?

Hi...when I'm on a song (BR800)...can I jump to the next recorded track without having to go to "Song" then selecting the next number?

No. When you load a song, the screen with the meters will automatically load. You have to do the menu/song/select/enter thing again.

Hi all,

I purchased the BR-800 yesterday and have been playing around with it. Last night me and a friend did a 4 track recording using 2 mics for vocals and 2 acoustic guitars plugged straight in. Line 1 and 2 were guitars and line 3 and 4 were vocals. They only way to get all 4 inputs active at the same time was to go into 4 track mode, however when going into that mode I could not find any way of adding any vocal effects to just lines 3 and 4? Both mics sounded a little dry, only really wanted a little reverb or something, but the FX button only wanted to change the whole units sound? is it possible to do a 4 track simultaneous recording both give effects to only 1 or 2 inputs? I've been looking through the manual but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Many thanks.

Hi all,

I purchased the BR-800 yesterday and have been playing around with it. Last night me and a friend did a 4 track recording using 2 mics for vocals and 2 acoustic guitars plugged straight in. Line 1 and 2 were guitars and line 3 and 4 were vocals. They only way to get all 4 inputs active at the same time was to go into 4 track mode, however when going into that mode I could not find any way of adding any vocal effects to just lines 3 and 4? Both mics sounded a little dry, only really wanted a little reverb or something, but the FX button only wanted to change the whole units sound?

Reverb is considered a loop effect and is located in a different place. Push the "track" button and you'll see the loop effects (pan, eq, delay, reverb etc). When you select reverb, a little mixer will pop up, you can control the amount that is given to each track.

As for the rest: push the Effects button, then use the down arrow to move to "location"(it's not on the screen, you have to scroll down with the down arrow to see it) Select location then scroll through the choices. Look at page 56 of the manual as it explains the routing possiblities of the effects, it takes a bit to get used to. Nonetheless, it gives you options of choosing what track or tracks you want effects on.

effects on each track?

hi all, now heres the thing. I recorded clean electric guitar tracks 1 and 2 I recorded clean Bass guitar tracks 2 and 3 then i recorded clean vocals on track 5/6. Now maybe its me or this boss br800 aint capable, but how can i add effects to each instrument? i.e. make the guitar on track 1 and 2 sound distorted while adding a different effect to track 3 and 4 (bass) and then adding a third effect to the vocals. Is it fact that you can only use one effect??

Also i understand there is an option for adding reverb to each track and panning each track...will these effects end up in the final mastering then on to CD or are these panning, reverb track effects (loops i believe) only for monitoring purpose?

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere but i'm a noob :eek:

Have you read the manual? :rolleyes:

Effects like distortion (on the BR600, I assume the 800 as well), have to be used when recording.

Yes, panning and reverb effects, the loop effects, will be included when you bounce down/master your mix.

Effects like distortion (on the BR600, I assume the 800 as well), have to be used when recording.

The BR800 can move the location of the effect, I'm not familiar with the 600. By default it is at the beginning, so that tracks are recorded wet. One can move the effect to after the recorded track, I described it a few posts above:

As for the rest: push the Effects button, then use the down arrow to move to "location"(it's not on the screen, you have to scroll down with the down arrow to see it) Select location then scroll through the choices. Look at page 56 of the manual as it explains the routing possiblities of the effects, it takes a bit to get used to. Nonetheless, it gives you options of choosing what track or tracks you want effects on.

There are 3 choices: normal (record wet), dry, and the 3rd choice puts the effects after the recording in the chain.

I wore out my br 600 and bought a br 800 . The thing I loved about the 600 was adding delay and reverb to a track and it would be dry in one channel and just the effected sound in the other , (after panning hard to one side . ) The lush spaciousness would enhance a lead guitar track greatly .

I cant get the 800 to do this ! ,Ive tried and tried . If it is capable of this and Im doing something wrong could someone give me a clue ? Id love you for it .

I wore out my br 600 and bought a br 800 . The thing I loved about the 600 was adding delay and reverb to a track and it would be dry in one channel and just the effected sound in the other , (after panning hard to one side . ) The lush spaciousness would enhance a lead guitar track greatly .

I cant get the 800 to do this ! ,Ive tried and tried . If it is capable of this and Im doing something wrong could someone give me a clue ? Id love you for it .

I would think you can just copy the track to another one, add the effect and pan it the opposite way.

I would think you can just copy the track to another one, add the effect and pan it the opposite way.

Tried recording in two tracks and doing what you say ,the result is dry in one track,wet and dry in the other .When you record in one track and add reverb it does reverberate to the other side when panned hard ,but the reverb is also in the side its panned to so it sounds muddy to me .The delay doesnt even go to the other side . Also punch in/out is a pain its much more difficult with this than the old 600. I am seriously considering taking the 800 back unless I can get true stereo delay/reverb .I was just getting the hang of getting a beautiful clean Strat sound doing this . Ive still got a week .

Id love you for it .
Maybe just a handshake.:laughings:

Tracks 1-4 are mono tracks. If you record a stereo track (dual mono, actually) on tracks 1 and 2, you can put a loop effect (reverb, delay, e q etc) on one track only. Press the "track" button, then reverb. A little mixer will pop up, you can control the amount of reverb on each track. You can't use tracks 5/6 7/8 as they are stereo tracks with one bus, but tracks 1-4 will do it.

Back