My strings ...

Passing strange. I can't see them here at work. I see the others but not mine, just a gray field that says Attached Images. No images.

I just double checked and they're there.

I really like the splatter 'caster.
I bought that splattercaster for my son. They only made them one year, 2003 I think. Mexican. May have some collector value eventually. That one hung in the shop for 2 years. Paid $400 for it as I recall. Way too ugly for most people but my kid thought it was cool at the time. He never really took to playing so it lives with my gits for now. Plays okay - I'm not really into Strats. The other one is a 60th anniversary. That was a steal at $700 so I had to buy it. USA, "delta tone" circuit, cubic zirconium "diamond" in the headstock. That one plays real well.

Lol. Disgusting. Hideous. The only thing worse than a cheesy 80's Jackson hair metal super strat is a purple one.

:) It's a great sounding and playing guitar, it just looks dated as hell. Image still has a lot to do with things so it doesn't get much action from me these days, certainly not in the church band I play with.

:) It's a great sounding and playing guitar, it just looks dated as hell. Image still has a lot to do with things so it doesn't get much action from me these days, certainly not in the church band I play with.

Lol. Just keep it in it's case forever and we'll all be better for it. :D

Just hang your collection as ornaments all over your Xmas tree - then get a photo. :guitar:

How big a tree do you get? My tree is already packed back into it's boxes until next December! ;)

My wife's going away next weekend, if there's time, I'll get everything out for a new inside pic.

We get a huge tree. Gotta get presents for all seven children plus grandchildren sons ans daughter inlaws ..... at the end of it all there is never enough room for presents for me - :( - at least that is what I've been told.

we didn't even do Christmas AT ALL this year. Not a single decoration .... no tree ..... hell, I even forgot it was Christmas at one point.

Much cheaper but not neccessarily better.

we didn't even do Christmas AT ALL this year. Not a single decoration .... no tree ..... hell, I even forgot it was Christmas at one point.

That seems like the way to go!
Being in FLA. you don't get snow so it's easy to have it slip by.

We do Christmas up pretty big. But on Christmas night, that shit comes down and gets put away. I want to wake up on Dec 26 and have the house look like Christmas never happened. I'm all christmassed out by then.

Here's my current weapons of ass destruction.

My oldest: A 91-92-ish MIM Strat. Got this for free from a friend of my dad's in maybe 93 or 94. The pickguard was originally white and the pickups had these white covers over them. I painted the pickguard black and took those covers off soon after I got it. This is the only Strat that I like in the whole world. I typically don't like Strats or Teles, but this one is different. The pickups are warmer and less spiky than a typical Strat, and that's good to me. I modded it a few years ago with a toggle switch to make any pickup combo possible, but I never use it. It's also been shielded to the hilt with copper foil to stop some of the hum and buzz. The action is nice but I think it needs a fret job. Too many years of powerchords. This guitar has seen a lot of action. It's been dropped, pissed on, had beer, blood, and probably some vomit and semen spilled all over it, the pots have been frozen solid from sweat, God only knows what else. I have not respected this guitar in any way, but it keeps going. If guitars can have "mojo" then this one certainly does. We've been through a lot of punk rock shenanigans together. Fuck, I was thinking about selling it, and now just typing this out has made me completely reconsider. There's no way.
20130111_100924.jpg

Next oldest is this Squier P-Bass that I got in 2001. It's not great, but I wanted a cheap bass back then so this is what I got and since it's just a bass and not very important, it serves it's purpose just fine. I've had real two different real-deal American Fender P-basses in the past, and honestly this thing plays just as good. It's a little lighter and brighter, but plays just the same. To this day I have no need or desire to step up to a better bass. To me a bass is just a dumb guitar. Although I sure wouldn't mind an SG bass.
20130111_101316.jpg

Next up is an Epi SG. My wife bought me this back in 04 or 05 as a Christmas present. I was just really getting back into music and I needed a humbucker guitar. I've always liked SG's so she went and got me this. I was actually relieved that she didn't drop big coin on a real one because I wasn't sure that I even wanted one anymore and I'm not too keen on buying guitars without playing them first if at all possible. But this turned out good after some work. If you've heard any of my recordings, then you've most likely heard this guitar at some point. It's been my main guitar since I got it. I really like it. It's cheap and ugly, but I fit it with a 57 Classic in the bridge and put Gibson pots and shit in it, and that helped a lot. It also plays really easy and fast like typical SG's do.
20130111_101111.jpg

The SG ran it's course though and received it's coup de gras by this next one. 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro Goldtop ultimate rock and fucking roll machine. 20+ some-odd years of playing cheap, borrowed, stolen, bartered, and generally crappy guitars, I finally stepped up to the plate and treated myself to something truly good last year. This thing is honestly the best geetar I've ever laid my dumb hands on. It's deserving of a better player than me, but fuck it. I tried about 200 LP's and SG's before finding this thing, and it just happened to be in the finish I wanted. It's just right. I couldn't be happier. It's so much fun to play. It makes me want to play. I can't say that any other guitar has done that to me before.
20130111_101445.jpg

And in 4-6 weeks I should have something else really cool to add to the list.

It was the same at my house. I blame the Mayans :D.

That Goldtop is very nice indeed. Something about Goldtops...

Thanks, yeah Goldtops to me are just classic and beautiful. I'm not a big book-matched flamed wood grain kind of guy. I don't really care to see wood grain. I like golds and silvers and solid colors. Candy, sparkles, and metalflakes rock ass too. Basically, I like hot rod or speedboat paintjobs on guitars. :D

Back