DSC05935.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC06230.JPG
    DSC06230.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC07183.JPG
    DSC07183.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 28
Is that a Fender Tele Thinline (cherry red with humbuckers)?
red metalflake ..... :D

everyone should have a metalflake guitar!!

But it's a Xavier. :)

I'm kinda king of the cheap guitars.

I have had the very best and a lot of them too.
Probably 150-200 guitars have gone thru my hands and very many unusual and/or rare guitars.
I've had a Les Paul probably worth half a mil now and a Les Paul bass serial number #0001.
I have had a dozen or so pauls and all of them earlier than 80's. Multiple Strats ...... An Ibanez Artist from the very first year they made them (miss that one too )
Three Firebirds ...... sigh
an all-maple, including fretboard .. SG :eek: ...... bet ya' never saw one of those!
Fender Starcaster which I miss ....
Multiple Strats ...... never a Tele though until this Xavier
Multiple Hagstroms including the early strat looking ones that I thought were their best.

I even had one jumbo jazz body Mosrite that I've never found so much as a hint of info on the 'net nor have I ever talked to anyone that's ever even heard of it ...... I think it was a one-off. Cue Greg sobbing here ..... me too . REALLY sorry I don't have that one

Even had a Valeno .... an all aluminum git ..... and of course a metal neck Kramer ...... Ovations incuding a white Breadwinner
Oh, I had a Moonstone which was built out of a single giant burl and was heavy as shit.

I also built some nice jazz gits with a partner in the 70's.

But I kinda don't care anymore ..... while I appreciate a fine instrument and consider my Stinnett to be in that league, for me I kinda get a kick outta using stuff other people look down their noses at and still get a great sound and play well on them.
Nowadays SO much of this cheap chinese stuff is basically solid playable instruments.
People sneer at them because you usually do have to do some setup work and possibly replace the pots and/or switches.
But to me that's a minor thing. I'll do that while watching Big Bang Theory.
I always set-up my instruments anyway and really, if you can't replace a few electronics you need to learn how to.
I truly consider it part of being a well rounded guitarist.

So I spent years having the very best of the best and now I really drool over cool guitars that cost 229 + shipping. :laughings:

I don't, however, feel the same way about amps. I don't really have any cheapo amps ...4 Ampegs ... 1 Fender .... 2 Mesas ..... I Marshall combo ...... 1 Orange ...... only two cheap amps I have is a Marshall MG15 .... a gift from wifey and actually useful sometimes for small jazz gigs .... and an Epi Valve Jr. head unmodified that I frequently gig with.

Haha yeah, I like the Big Bang Theory too.

Hey tell me about the pickups in your Stinnett. Are they those half bucker, half single things? And is he still making people those guitars?

Haha yeah, I like the Big Bang Theory too.

Hey tell me about the pickups in your Stinnett. Are they those half bucker, half single things? And is he still making people those guitars?
the pickups are a single coil and a P90 in a single chassis so each pu'p can BE a single coil or a P90 or you can make them a humbucker with mismatched coils.
I like 'em although there's such a volume drop when using the single coils that I only use the P90s or humbucker settings.
I understand the later ones address that issue and have a lot hotter single coil although I haven't tried them. I might switch them out if that's true.

Will IS still building but he got in a bad wreck on his bike where someone basically ran him over and crushed him. Serious back injury and I think a bunch of other broken stuff. He was laid up for months.
I heard from him a few weeks back and he said he was getting back into the shop about now. I know he's seriously behind on his orders because of the wreck so I imagine there'll be a longish wait time.

I think his work is excellent though and if I had the dough I'd order another .... I'd change a few things about it just for variety but I'd definitely want the neck-thru and stainless steel frets..

the pickups are a single coil and a P90 in a single chassis so each pu'p can BE a single coil or a P90 or you can make them a humbucker with mismatched coils.
I like 'em although there's such a volume drop when using the single coils that I only use the P90s or humbucker settings.
I understand the later ones address that issue and have a lot hotter single coil although I haven't tried them. I might switch them out if that's true.

Will IS still building but he got in a bad wreck on his bike where someone basically ran him over and crushed him. Serious back injury and I think a bunch of other broken stuff. He was laid up for months.
I heard from him a few weeks back and he said he was getting back into the shop about now. I know he's seriously behind on his orders because of the wreck so I imagine there'll be a longish wait time.

I think his work is excellent though and if I had the dough I'd order another .... I'd change a few things about it just for variety but I'd definitely want the neck-thru and stainless steel frets..

Damn I didn't know that about him. Shit like that is why I quit riding. He does some great work, although I'm not a fan of his shapes and styles.

So how do those pickups do a single and a P-90. A P-90 is a single. Is the single that rail thing?

So this is the new guitar brag thread, eh? I took all these photos down but I guess I could throw 'em up again.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 10
Lol. Awesome. I remember the "Hi Gerg" "Ronson LP Custom" pic. :D

I'm liking the hell out of that Goldtop too. :)

Hi Gerg and Hi Munch on the Yammy. Didn't want anyone thinking I pulled a Victory Pete and put up someone else's guitar pics.

The GT is about as simple as a guitar can get. '54 reissue, no bridge, P90s. It's got a fat neck but plays and sounds pretty sweet. There are still a few Lesters on my wish list - an early Deluxe w/mini-hums and a white Custom but I have more time than money at the moment... Might have to get an older Junior at some point too.

lol

guitars.jpg

Post photos of your guitars here!

Where the heck is your Uke in that picture, Mike?

Hi Gerg and Hi Munch on the Yammy. Didn't want anyone thinking I pulled a Victory Pete and put up someone else's guitar pics.

The GT is about as simple as a guitar can get. '54 reissue, no bridge, P90s. It's got a fat neck but plays and sounds pretty sweet. There are still a few Lesters on my wish list - an early Deluxe w/mini-hums and a white Custom but I have more time than money at the moment... Might have to get an older Junior at some point too.

lol

I love LP Jr's. They're really hit and miss for me though when it comes to picking one up and playing it. Some play great, some feel like a clunky piece of shit. I guess most Gibsons are like that now, but LP Jr's seem to have it bad. I find SG's to be the most consitent as far as new Gibsons go in my area.

So how do those pickups do a single and a P-90. A P-90 is a single. Is the single that rail thing?
yeah .... a P90 is a single coil but it's a big single coil. I kinda mean strat like for single coil and yes .... the blade would fill that function.
So they have an actual P-90 and an actual blade single coil being used as the two coils of a humbucker.
So you can use either coil or both for humbucker mode on each p'up.

That's a beautiful collection Lou. I like the Yammies a lot.
I hear they're heavy though.

yeah .... a P90 is a single coil but it's a big single coil. I kinda mean strat like for single coil and yes .... the blade would fill that function.
So they have an actual P-90 and an actual blade single coil being used as the two coils of a humbucker.
So you can use either coil or both for humbucker mode on each p'up.

Are the two coils about the same distance apart as a regular humbucker?

So they are roughly the same distance as a regular bucker. Cool. I might slap one of those into my SG. I've always wanted a P-90 in that thing, but feared losing it's humbuckerness.

Back