FREE: Yorkville YSM1 Studio Monitors

brother rat

All mics sound the same.
I received this pair of monitors from a member on this board with the agreement that I offer them on the same deal he made me. These monitors are available for free to a student - someone short on cash, new to the hobby, etc. Since I wasn't a student, but was just getting started, I traded him a case of beer. That same offer is on the table now.

The Yorkville YSM-1 passive studio monitors are no longer in production, but I've never found an unfavorable review of them. Apparently, in their day they were considered quite good. Here are some specs:

2-way passive studio monitors (70 watts, 6.5 inch / 1 inch)
Frequency response: 40 - 20,000 Hz
Crossover Freq: 2,500 Hz
Tuned 2 inch cylindrical port
Dimensions: 9"x10"x16"
Color: black

I don't have a photo at the moment, but I will get one up. Again, free to a student. Nominal fee for someone short on funds and just getting started. I suppose I'd consider trades if you have some equipment that piques my interest and won't make my wife too angry. I'm getting rid of these because they are quite large and I prefer to mix on a different set of speakers that I've been using instead. I can't compare these to any other monitors, because I've never used any others. Keep in mind that these are passive monitors, so you will still need some form of amplification.
I'm in SoCal and would really prefer local pick up.

Somebody better jump on this! I'm short on cash, but I'm sure there's somebody else out there that needs them more than me.

Just out of curiousity, what kind of things are you looking for in a trade?

Somebody better jump on this! I'm short on cash, but I'm sure there's somebody else out there that needs them more than me.

Just out of curiousity, what kind of things are you looking for in a trade?

Well, I need some sort of stand-alone two channel preamp. Like a DMP3 or similar. But like I said, I'd really rather just let them go for free to someone who really needs them.

Well, I need some sort of stand-alone two channel preamp. Like a DMP3 or similar. But like I said, I'd really rather just let them go for free to someone who really needs them.

I've got a DMP-3, but unfortunately I don't think I'm in a position to part with it. And like I said, I'm sure somebody needs them way more than me. I've already got some semi-decent nearfields. Besides, don't we all need to learn to start mixing on earbuds, as that's the only way music is heard now, besides computer speakers and car stereos. Unless it's for video or gaming, then it's gotta be in surround anyway.

I'm a music student finishing up first year university, and could definitely use some monitors (I'm using an old stereo right now), but I live in Canada :s Which might make things not worth it.

danielkn - shipping to Canada will likely be pricey, but if you're really up to foot that bill and really want them, I can see what the cost would be.

itaughtremonti - if I don't hear back from danielkn in the next day or two with a burning desire to pay for the shipping to Canada, the monitors will be up for grabs. Give me a zip code and I can see what shipping would be.

Back