For those of you that haven't seen this yet...

The separation seems to good to be live. Especially with the 4 microphones that are seen. The vocals seem to be recorded in different environments.

Agreed. But I have some familiarity with this group, and I can say that they wouldn't "fake" anything for a video that they couldn't actually perform.

In other words, while this video might have been "optimized" for the viewing public, these folks can and do play this song in this manner...

Agreed. But I have some familiarity with this group, and I can say that they wouldn't "fake" anything for a video that they couldn't actually perform.

In other words, while this video might have been "optimized" for the viewing public, these folks can and do play this song in this manner...

You got a live or different video clip then?
For I'm sure they can (as can others) do this live but not with the results given in this clip.
The female vocals seem like it was recorded in a vocal booth, while the gent on the far right is in an open room and the gent in the middle seems to have been compressed and possibly, possibly a touch of flange or choirs.
Not to mention that the rhythm (drum playing on the guitar) has a distinct reverb on it that isn't present on everything else.

For I'm sure they can (as can others) do this live but not with the results given in this clip.
The female vocals seem like it was recorded in a vocal booth, while the gent on the far right is in an open room and the gent in the middle seems to have been compressed and possibly, possibly a touch of flange or choirs.
Not to mention that the rhythm (drum playing on the guitar) has a distinct reverb on it that isn't present on everything else.
and no way that guy strumming the strings up by the headstock could get that loud clear chime the way he's doing it in that clip. GOTTA be a pick of some kind strumming that.

Nope, I sure don't. I agree with you all that the mic placement and resulting high audio quality indicate that this isn't a live performance, but they do play this way (all on the same guitar) and sing at the same time.

It's no different than any "non-live" music video: do what it takes to get the song sounding great in the studio, then get in front of a camera and make it look easy! (Except that in this case, the single video shot without cuts does make it look more like it's trying to be a live vid.)

Nope, I sure don't. I'm just saying that everything in this vid (vox and guits) may be faked along with studio recorded tracks, but they do play this way (all on the same guitar) and sing at the same time.
I wanna see it.

I think the clip is way cool by the way.
But I'm gonna have to see a live take of this before I believe they can do it and make it sound very good.

Once again ...... not hating on the group ..... I like the song and the clip.

I wanna see it.

I think the clip is way cool by the way.
But I'm gonna have to see a live take of this before I believe they can do it and make it sound very good.

Once again ...... not hating on the group ..... I like the song and the clip.

I hear ya. Just having read about them (and them mentioning this song) and seeing some of their other stuff, I'm thinking they can really do this. In any case, they've been invited to appear on Ellen based on this video--maybe they'll do it live. I'll have to try to remember to look it up and set the DVR.

Yes, yes it was good. But even TV will do the same and possibly have them lip/instrument sync to the track.
Or do it live with OK results in comparison to this video. I'm sure that they have been practicing to no end for the TV spot.

I don't think it's live... never did, and I don't even care if they can do it live like that or not, it's a cool clip...

and no way that guy strumming the strings up by the headstock could get that loud clear chime the way he's doing it in that clip. GOTTA be a pick of some kind strumming that.
I think he had a really long thick thumb nail, but overall he wasn't an impressive guitar player. lol

My lord....Shall we judge those that have created? Should we place our own opinions upon a great tune? Shall I waste my time typing trying to type eloquently?

Naw....I'm just going to enjoy this beer....

W.O.T.E. will get a 'LIKE' from me on Facebook. The power of Melodyne is upon us....

I wonder if I could find the time to make a parody of a good song in video form. ....How about not being a jealous b!tch, and actually recording a song for my jealous self? Hmmm....

Back