Wikileaks report! Woohoo!

Chater-La

So is this the end of foreign diplomacy as we know it??!! Yeah baby, yeah! :spank: We all knew there was nothing diplomatic going on when the cameras and microphones are turned off....

Is Wikileaks really a wiki, in that anyone can edit it? Because I'm pretty sure that George Bush once sent a cable to Qadafi about his dream of a mono-kini hot tub party with Kim Jong-Il :laughings:

Yes, but the problem is I can't edit Wikileaks to make it *more* stupid :rolleyes:

Like that time somebody edited the founder of McD's to have died of AIDS (in 1971). Before that got fixed, I further edited it to read "the AIDS", and somebody angrily reversed my edit and sent me a nastygram . . . but restored the cause of death back to "AIDS" :laughings:

Yes, but the problem is I can't edit Wikileaks to make it *more* stupid :rolleyes:

Like that time somebody edited the founder of McD's to have died of AIDS (in 1971). Before that got fixed, I further edited it to read "the AIDS", and somebody angrily reversed my edit and sent me a nastygram . . . but restored the cause of death back to "AIDS" :laughings:

I'm pretty sure I read the wiki article about Bono once and someone had added a bunch of stuff about him being a douche who puts his face to good causes but offers little else. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still there because it is of course entirely factual.

So is this the end of foreign diplomacy as we know it??!! Yeah baby, yeah! :spank: We all knew there was nothing diplomatic going on when the cameras and microphones are turned off....

So, forgive me for being such a scrub, but exactly how did this whole thing happen again? I've been busy lately and haven't had much time for news! As in, how did they come across all these documents? And why are they releasing all of them now? :confused:

So, forgive me for being such a scrub, but exactly how did this whole thing happen again? I've been busy lately and haven't had much time for news! As in, how did they come across all these documents? And why are they releasing all of them now? :confused:

Time was you would assign a PFC to digging foxholes and not give him access to classified computer networks . . . moral of the story, somebody ain't gettin' out prison for a long long time . . . :eek:

Time was you would assign a PFC to digging foxholes and not give him access to classified computer networks . . . moral of the story, somebody ain't gettin' out prison for a long long time . . . :eek:

In today's Navy, they promote a recruit to E-4 after a few months' technical training and let them play with guns and missiles and what-not. :eek:

In today's Navy, they promote a recruit to E-4 after a few months' technical training and let them play with guns and missiles and what-not. :eek:

Ah heck, I got a dweeb friend who's a CFP (that is not a military acronym), in a former life he was a coastie wielding a 50 :eek:

It's all to weird like this was meant to happen to be able to justify and push into a future (not so far away) war.

:cool:

I think it's funny how they're trying to brand wikileaks a terrorist organisation for merely telling the truth. :laughings:

My beef with Wikileaks is this - I have no problem with an organization fighting the good fight for government transparency, but that's not really what they're doing. This is the third major "leak" they've done, and all three have them have been targeted at the US.

It's very hard NOT to conclude that they're pushing an agenda, and waging an information war against the United States. I'm not really OK with that, transparency is one thing, but this, well, if it's not some sort of cyber-terrorism it's close.

Back