Your Other Hobbies

A great brew from my home state. Another Mid Atlantic brewery you ought to try is Victory Brewing Co., they're outside of philly.

At last something we can agree on :)

victory makes some nice stuff. i've had golden monkey tripel ale, hop devil ipa, and storm king imperial stout. all good stuff.

cheers! :)

You folk make me feel really sedentary.
I listen to music (I buy a CD a week or there abouts);
I read (an hour or two in bed each night - I'm a sucker for a series - currently inside the Wheel of Time series, the Deverry series, the Disc World series, the Deathscent series, and a couple of others - I reread TLOTRings every three Years - whilst listening to the latest or greatest);
I paint occassionally (I majored in visual arts but have only painted thrice in 20 years - sold the two finished ones though - the last one is still 1/3rd done);
I watch the political round ups on Sunday morning (8 - 10)& I watch th'arts progs on public telly on Sunday arvo.
Other times I'm downstairs recording & remixing or sitting right here.
OH, I make a mean chilli sauce when the chillis are in season but that doesn't take too long if I have enough garlic.
Nice use of Tolkien Runes Mish - I used to take lecture notes in Dwarfish runes to stay awake - could manage the elven ones fast enough.

Nice use of Tolkien Runes Mish - I used to take lecture notes in Dwarfish runes to stay awake - could manage the elven ones fast enough.

Now THAT'S something I should have though of when doing my 4-years IT course :D . I'm a massive fan of Tolkien's work, gotta pay the man some tribute. Thanks ;)

nice artwork mish.. great use of light for effect... i really like the dramatic one with the lightning

i enjoy weather(esp. severe weather chasing), science(physics), documentaries, mountain biking, and now maybe acting on the side

nice artwork mish.. great use of light for effect... i really like the dramatic one with the lightning

i enjoy weather(esp. severe weather chasing)

Aye, count me in into the severe weather club! That's why most of my artworks feature storm/rain/thunder - gets me to the state of euphoria while painting.

Thanks ;)

I enjoy coffee. I spend a lot of my free time in coffe houses, one day I would like to own my very own coffee shop, though its unlikely to happen (least not for a while, Im barely 20). Some of the best conversations I ever had took place in coffehouses, chatting with friends. Coffee and community go hand in hand.
I also enjoy reading books. This goes hand in hand with enjoying coffee. There is nothing better than reading a good book joined with a good cup of coffee.
I enjoy smoking a pipe. In the evening sit on the deck, smoke a pipe and think about God and the world.
Much like Mr. Strat, I am an amateur theologian.
I also enjoy barbequing. Preparing meat, roasting it, and eating it with a cup of cold beer is my Saturday ritual.
I enjoy working on cars, specifically old cars. Working on getting my 1950 Fargo ½ ton running smooth.
I love writing, always wanted to write a books and have started some but cant ever seem to get things done.
And lastly, I enjoy travelling. I love roadtrips just as much as I like the music that goes along with it. Seeing other places and exploring the natural wonders this world offers inspires most of what I do. I am currently on a one year travellling hiatus in Europe, and have 2 more months to go until I return to Canada.

Mike

.. target shooting for sport (don’t hunt though) .. :)
IHMSA metallic silhouette here for a long while. 'Rams at 200 meters with an 8" Dan Wesson 357 -standing, open sights.
I'll never forget the look when my wife nailed her first 150 meter 'Turkey -tough little buggers there. :)

Rezzing this thread because it's interesting.

Good work Mish. You've definitely got a lot of talent there. In fact all of you make me feel like an untalented hack. Music is almost as far as my creativity streches and i ain't even much good at that anymore... Although I'm putting together ideas with my sister for a graphic novel or a series of comic books. She's the real talented one though, she can draw pretty damn good, I can't draw for shit, but I can write some crazy stories.

Aside from that my hobbies mostly involve videogames and playing with the cat..

Good work Mish. You've definitely got a lot of talent there. In fact all of you make me feel like an untalented hack. Music is almost as far as my creativity streches and i ain't even much good at that anymore... Although I'm putting together ideas with my sister for a graphic novel or a series of comic books. She's the real talented one though, she can draw pretty damn good, I can't draw for shit, but I can write some crazy stories.

Thanks, mate
thumb.gif

I'm finishing a drawing of a girl I work with, gonna give it to her as a surprise "homecoming" present (she left few weeks ago, but decided to come back). I'll post it here once it's done.

So anyway, you feel like posting any of your stories dude :cool: ?

Don't know yourself. Lot's of people can't handle cats...

Hell no. Someone'll call the men in white coats.

I guess you might be right. I've always been pretty good with animals. They seem to like me, and for the most part they don't scare me as much as they should.

Not sure why I wrote "don't know yourself" though in a peering, existential way it makes sense. I meant "don't knock yourself" but you seem to have understood me in spite of myself.

I've got 2 dogs and 4 cats myself, so I know what you mean...

I like to do things that I suck at, like this:

BTW The Little Shop of Lyrics cover is now a blue sky with the ocean below. Much nicer looking than baby shit brown.;) See?

Attachments

• Books.jpg
    Books.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Music is certainly my most passionate hobby. I also fish, but only on days that end in 'y'. Love to hunt upland game birds, but there's hardly any left around here anymore. Golf and motorcyle riding take up the Saturdays when the weather is good. I like to build stuff, but I pretty much suck at it. No formal training, but I'll tackle just about anything as long as I get to use my sawzall. Just built an addition to my garage so the boat would fit in, and a new deck out back. Three days after I finished the deck, a storm hit and a big tree fell on it. Hey, at least it missed the house.

I didn't risk posting this before the girl I gave it to would tell me something about it - but it was an obvious knee-jerk reaction on my part. She loved it, so there -

2vd42tj.jpg

I didn't risk posting this before the girl I gave it to would tell me something about it - but it was an obvious knee-jerk reaction on my part. She loved it, so there -

2vd42tj.jpg

Hey that great!!

....somebody should really use that for a website or CD or something that will sell lots of copies.... especially since it's free - being up on the internet and all, nobody has any rights to it....

And I couldn't care less? It was free - I gave the original picture for free.

Some of us are not sell-out cry-baby whores :)

I forgot about my modeling. My crap camera really couldn't do any close-up shots so I just added some ww2 effect in photoshop.

Love these planes -

wv5rew.jpg

358e0ro.jpg

Back