Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Studio room, wall building

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    The problem is I don't have much choice for now may be for the next 2-3 years. OR I must make my bedroom to studio it is good for recording. has rectangle form near to square. But if I do this in my bedroom I will get killed . I don't care about the comfortableness of the room. I am only collecting information to build the things right as much as possible...

Miroslav, how I understood u adviced me to use the whole room ?

Thanks
    Everything @miroslav has said - the room is an unusual shape and small.

Making it smaller is only going to make it worse.

That's a lot, even too much, monitor capacity for the size of the room, so you will especially have to be careful with how much you use that subwoofer, or if it's even necessary.

Because of its shape, you will likely have to set up your nearfield monitors against the taller wall in the middle. The one advantage the length gives you is that early reflections from the side are a non-issue, but the narrow width means you'll be hearing the reflections from behind you quite a lot. I would try to apply a broadband trapping across that entire angled ceiling. Not foam of any kind, but something very dense so it doesn't have to be too thick, as the height of that space is very limited already. Then treat the tall and short walls, perhaps using some alternating panels if it's starting to feel too tight. Good panels will be re-usable in any future space. Look into building your own to keep the cost down - it adds up!

I'd stick something that acts as a diffuser on the ends - your equipment racks, bookcases, etc. might be enough. That long dimension is near subsonic wavelength, so unless you're putting that in (and not high-passing any unwanted that sneaks in), those might escape treatment (IMO).
    "... I know in the mornin' that it's gonna be good
    when I stick out my elbows and they don't bump wood." - Bill Kirchen

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigitronica View Post
    The problem is I don't have much choice for now may be for the next 2-3 years. OR I must make my bedroom to studio it is good for recording. has rectangle form near to square. But if I do this in my bedroom I will get killed . I don't care about the comfortableness of the room. I am only collecting information to build the things right as much as possible...

Miroslav, how I understood u adviced me to use the whole room ?
    What I'm saying is use either the bedroom or this room, which ever works better for you (more comfortable)...it's your choice...and don't convert either to a small square space, just leave the whole room.
    You are not going to build anything "right as much as possible) that will make any real difference in either room.
    Both rooms will need a bunch of acoustic treatment...so pick the room that works better for you. It sounds like the bedroom is better for recording, but you :will get killed" (not sure what you mean by that)...so then use the other room...just forget that "square/wall" stuff.

Thread Information