how to hook a mixer eurorack ub1204 fx/pro

The main XLR outputs are on the back of the mixer. You can download the manual from their website and it shows all the connectors.

I'd suggest using the Tape Ins and Tape Outs. The mains are more for going to your monitors/PA/speakers.

If you use the mains and bring your playback to an open stereo channel, then what you are monitoring will be mixed in with whatever new track you're recording. I believe the Tape connectors solve that problem....

What does the manual say to do??

No one has addressed the fact that if you are trying to record using this mixer, it's probably not going to sound like you want. If you take ANY of the outputs to the inputs on your computer's built-in soundcard, it's going to sound like crap due to the nature of OEM soundcards. Also, you are going to get a summed stereo output, rather than the individual mics/inputs going to separate tracks.

No one has addressed the fact that if you are trying to record using this mixer, it's probably not going to sound like you want. If you take ANY of the outputs to the inputs on your computer's built-in soundcard, it's going to sound like crap due to the nature of OEM soundcards. Also, you are going to get a summed stereo output, rather than the individual mics/inputs going to separate tracks.

Shhhhhhh! Ever hear of pandora's box??

Nah, I'm just kidding. MJB is right.

No one has addressed the fact that if you are trying to record using this mixer, it's probably not going to sound like you want.

Sometimes I find it better to just answer their (newbs) questions directly rather than reading into what they are really asking. Maybe due to a little bit of laziness. But, they have a ton of things to learn and we can't cover it all in one post. Whether or not someone should use the onboard soundcard is only one tiny little facet of recording and usually the first or second stumbling block. If this guy is asking where the Main Outs are on a mixer then he's got 2 tons of things to learn and no real gumption to find the answer on his own (like downloading the free manual).

If this guy is asking where the Main Outs are on a mixer then he's got 2 tons of things to learn and no real gumption to find the answer on his own (like downloading the free manual).
especially when they're clearly labeled.

Sometimes I find it better to just answer their (newbs) questions directly rather than reading into what they are really asking. Maybe due to a little bit of laziness. But, they have a ton of things to learn and we can't cover it all in one post. Whether or not someone should use the onboard soundcard is only one tiny little facet of recording and usually the first or second stumbling block. If this guy is asking where the Main Outs are on a mixer then he's got 2 tons of things to learn and no real gumption to find the answer on his own (like downloading the free manual).

I can appreciate all of that! Just anticipating his next set of posts 'why do my recordings sound like crap?' and 'why an I only get 2 separate tracks (one left and one right) recorded at the same time?' :rolleyes:

I'd suggest using the Tape Ins and Tape Outs. The mains are more for going to your monitors/PA/speakers.

If you use the mains and bring your playback to an open stereo channel, then what you are monitoring will be mixed in with whatever new track you're recording. I believe the Tape connectors solve that problem....

What does the manual say to do??

it says " the main outputs carry the main mix signal and are on balanced XLR connectors

Back