Reputation??

Click on "User CP" in the upper L corner. Somebody gave you negative rep (via the little scales in very post), because they presumably didn't like something you said, or they just get their jollies by negging people. Anyway. ON the User CP screen, you can find out at least what post it was for, and if they are man enough to sign it, you will find out who gave it to ya. I'll right your ship a bit though, with some positive rep, just cuz I'm feeling generous.

no one will have been man enough to sign for fear of being negged in response
never negged anyone myself and wouldnt neg back because its not worth worring about but i have been negged for a comment that didnt offend any one it just pointed out my personal experience about a computer but we had a fanboy in the crowd so...

His rep won't go above 0 until he has more posts. I think 100 is the magic number. It's been so long since I bothered with all this, I forgot.

ok..i tried to ignore it but somebody need to explain to me all this reputation crap...i dont get it..i have like 5 good rep things but it says i have 0 reputation..how do you get this reputation?

elicantu said:
ok..i tried to ignore it but somebody need to explain to me all this reputation crap...i dont get it..i have like 5 good rep things but it says i have 0 reputation..how do you get this reputation?
Hang out on the street corner and get arrested a few times.

Come on her back in the middle of the night and steal $30 from her wallet and leave out the bedroom window.

Beat up everyone who gets within arms reach and steal their lunch money.

Or.... post a few helpful things and let people give you positive rep, which should go up as your post count does to a certain level.

Or... hang out in threads that are known for throwing rep points around. Those are easy to spot. The title gives it away.

Quite seriously these things aren't, to my knowledge, formally explained anywhere in the forum.
I just watched, offered, asked, gave rep with my name attached and developed a vague idea.
Just pretend it's not there and go about using the forum for the purposes you joined and develop a little sense of community by to & fro'ing. It'll become as clear as mud but by then you won't give a flying f anyway.
Here's a little point to point you in the right direction.

You've been here for 3 years and you still haven't figured it out??????
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

That's worth neg rep just for itself!

rayc said:
Quite seriously these things aren't, to my knowledge, formally explained anywhere in the forum.
I just watched, offered, asked, gave rep with my name attached and developed a vague idea.
Just pretend it's not there and go about using the forum for the purposes you joined and develop a little sense of community by to & fro'ing. It'll become as clear as mud but by then you won't give a flying f anyway.
Here's a little point to point you in the right direction.

strange ive just jumped up 469 rep points for no reason but one pos rep point!
this system is just plain beserk!!!
i have 5 points total one seems to be a neutral point which is grey which i have no idea how to give one neg and 3 pos!!! how in gods name does that add up to 475???
not that i really care but it just randomly changes
also why are those green things full when someone has no rep yet it says they have a reputation beyond repute!!!
just get rid of the things it only causes confusion!!!!!!!

Rant Over
-FK

dont actually care but i am curious and so when random things start happening i wanna know why... you should see me try and figure out the weather :D

Recieving Rep: your rep power will increase if someone gives you positive rep. It'll decrease if someone gives you negative rep. HOW MUCH it increases or decreases depends on the rep points of the person giving you the rep. If True-eurt gives you rep, your rep power will increase hugely. If some newbie gives you rep, it won't change your rep power much. If someone with zero or negative rep points gives you rep, you will see the rep message with a grey chicklet, and your rep power will not change. I.E. they are powerless to alter your reputation cuz they have none themselves.

There is also (possibly) something to do with number of posts, how long you've been a member, etc.

Giving rep: click on the scales in a post, and give green or red rep, and sign your name to it.

That's all you need to know. Oh, that, and the fact that rep is meaningless.

Back