New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi everybody! I am from Holland, male, retired and recently hit by the recording virus again. Since the early 80's recording guitar, bass and drums, creating original music, using reel to reel taperecorders and also on cassette with various multitrack recorders like Fostex and Porta. My first effectprocessor was the Alesis Midiverb3. Playing in bands as well for 20+ years. Due to work and other things homerecording stopped for a while. But I bought a Focusrite 2 channel audio interface asnd installed Cakewalk this weekend on my PC. I have a pair of powered studio monitors installed as well and a good AKG set of headphones. So I am excited to start again with homerecording and after reading on this websitev for a few weeks, I joined this weekend. Happy to be aboard here!

Welcome, @Burtsc. I thought I was reading my background there for a minute :D - very similar. However, I went with a Tascam 2-channel interface and Reaper (DAW).

Hello. Long time lurker first time poster. I have been recording music at home off and on for about 10 years and recently.got bit by the bug again. I am a guitar player so most of my gear is centered around playing and recording guitar. Looking forward to being a part of the community and learning and sharing some of my knowledge here too.

Hi, I'm a newbie in Prescott, AZ. Retired cop, but I've been doing home recording since 1964. Started off with a Sony TC200 with sound-on-sound capabilities, then progressed to a TEAC 3440 4-track and ultimately ended up with a dual digital multitrack setup (Roland VS2480 and Tascam 2488NEO). Yeah, I'm still a dinosaur who hasn't yet moved into a computer-based platform.

Keyboards, guitars, trumpets and bass are my axes and I'm currently working on an album (covers and originals). Eager to pick up from this forum any tips and tricks to further enhance my recordings.

Steve

Hi, I'm a newbie in Prescott, AZ. Retired cop, but I've been doing home recording since 1964. Started off with a Sony TC200 with sound-on-sound capabilities, then progressed to a TEAC 3440 4-track and ultimately ended up with a dual digital multitrack setup (Roland VS2480 and Tascam 2488NEO). Yeah, I'm still a dinosaur who hasn't yet moved into a computer-based platform.

Keyboards, guitars, trumpets and bass are my axes and I'm currently working on an album (covers and originals). Eager to pick up from this forum any tips and tricks to further enhance my recordings.

Steve
Hi I'm new to software recording so I downloaded and paid for wavelab , it's awesome. So easy. With multi track recording, or just stereo. Try it for free. But when paid for. It's better. Only twenty odd quid ".

ultimately ended up with a dual digital multitrack setup (Roland VS2480 and Tascam 2488NEO). Yeah, I'm still a dinosaur who hasn't yet moved into a computer-based platform
Steve, some of us dinosaurs refuse to succumb to extinction because we know something precious ~ what you record on is irrelevant to the final product.
You love what you love.

Hello Everyone !!! I am new to home recording :-) I have been in several bands and a bunch of recording studios doing demos to albums but have never done it myself !! Now I am songwriting and decided to just do my own thing and am very excited to learn all I can :guitar: Thank you in advance for your assistance 🤓

Hello all.

I just joined this forum. I hope to share and learn from all of you amazing artists, technicians, and music lovers.

I've been creating songs for over 20+ years, but relatively new to recording and producing.

I joined this forum because I have a small home recording room.

I use Reaper as a DAW.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just registered. There are just a few communities that are still active so I'm glad to be part of one of them. My name is Gabriel (lesku) and I make hip hop (all genres) beats. Is this a right place to showcase my beats ? (I'm going to upload them on youtube) If so, what would be the best thread to do it on? There's gonna be quality stuff, I've been low key doing this for years now.

Thanks a lot in advance, catch you later :)

Hi !
I'm Dorrus, an old guy but new to this forum :)
Working with Cubase 12 Pro in my Home studio. All vst ( Native instruments )
I'm a multi instrumentalist- Keybords/ Guitar/bass and so on. Live in the Netherlands
And hope to have some fun over here
Greatings Dorrus

Howdy, fellow tape freaks! I just purchased my first 8-Track Reel-to-Reel. a Tascam TSR-8 & a Teac Model-3 Mixer. I've been home recording for about 10 years now, mostly working with digital rigs, cassette portastudios, & the occasional 2 channel R2R. Really stoked to join ya's! Hope you'll have me. Thanks

Hi, I think I was a member here a very long time ago when I was a wee babe. So maybe I should say 'hello again', though I'm positive that no one, including myself, would remember.

Welcome guys.

Hey CBoyatt. What are you using for tape with your Tascam? I come from the old days, when you could get reels of 1/2" tape for about $20. 7 inch reels of 1/4" were around $4-5 each. I get sticker shock when I see a single reel of tape costing $150! That's as much as my monthly grocery bill.

Back