Free VST Plug-In List

Erockrazor

I mix in (2x) real-time
"But where can I find free VST Plug-ins!?":eek::confused:

Well now that you have your DAW set up, you're fiendin' for effects and plug-ins to invigorate your recordings. You first look at your favorite online recording retailer and realize, "Wow, all of these plug-ins could to cost me more than my entire home recording setup combined!":mad:

Luckily for you, there are free VST's available on the internet, supplied by generous programmers and audio lovers alike. No, I'm not talking about the pirated software plug-ins that your friend gets from Limewire, I'm talking about free for download and use plug-ins. :)

Here I have compiled a list of more notable free VST plug-in websites. You can install many of these by putting the .dll file in your software's VST folder. It deserves mentioning that many of these are only PC compatible but there are still Mac compatible versions on here.

Variety of VST and AU plug-ins

www.voxengo.com/group/freevst/

Well regarded bundle of VST's

www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

Database of Plug-Ins and Virtual Instruments. Some gems. Find out yourself.

www.kvraudio.com/get.php

Bundle and assorted dynamic processing VST.

www.digitalfishphones.com/main.php?item=2&subItem=5

Basic Amp Simulators

www.simulanalog.org/

Vinyl Emulation

www.izotope.com/products/audio/vinyl/

Another collection of assorted VST. Search for the goodies.

www.vstplanet.com/

Double Tracking Emulation

www.vacuumsound.de/plugins.html

Popular Guitar Amp Simulator free for a *year*
www.wavesgtr.com/html/product_gtr_solo.html

Slew of different VST.
www.gersic.com/plugins/index.php?daCat=-2

Various effects and tools

www.jeroenbreebaart.com/audio_vst.htm

Another exhausting list of VST's

http://www.sadglad.com/freevstplugins6.html

There are plenty of plug-ins contained in this list that can sound great when used right. Hopefully this list can direct you to find something useful to improve your mixing and enjoyment. If nothing else, maybe you can now sort out which plug-in's you really need and which are unnecessary for your recording success.

Good luck, Eric Gieg

You are DA MAN!!!

Dude, thanks for doing this.:D:cool::D I did a search on this forum a couple of weeks ago for free plugins and came across some rediculously long thread with very few links.:mad:

Thanks again.

Dude, thanks for doing this.:D:cool::D I did a search on this forum a couple of weeks ago for free plugins and came across some rediculously long thread with very few links.:mad:

I've seen some of those. The links tend to be scattered throughout different posts. Hopefully this can bring attention to the more frequently mentioned free vst sites and in an organized fashion.:) You're welcome!

Eric

Thank you so much! Sticky, perhaps?

I have copied the OP to the sticky on the Computer board, since this is of general interest rather than just newbies. Also, newbies aren't necessarily interested in VSTs, so it's not a sticky germane to this board.

My overall sticky philosophy is there should be as few as possible, and I already created a sticky thread here this week.

I have copied the OP to the sticky on the Computer board, since this is of general interest rather than just newbies. Also, newbies aren't necessarily interested in VSTs, so it's not a sticky germane to this board.

My overall sticky philosophy is there should be as few as possible, and I already created a sticky thread here this week.
Ooooooops! I reported it before I read the whole thread, sorry! :o

Back