Forum Profile Q.

I'm new here but have been recording since the early Triassic period where I was charged with remembering the sounds of various local small dinosaurs... I just need to ask a question. How come I can't change my Avatar? Do I need to post like.... 10 times before I can pick a new Yogi The Bear Avatar? Just curious.... I know to travel to the US, the FBI has pics of me? I didn't have to be bad ten times to get on their wall!
And what is a "trackback"? (below me, below this new post box). Just curious on that one.
Thanx in advance! Great forum BTW. Better than that Future Producer forum...

Good morning dude-with-many-bars-in-his-name.
:D

Did you go to the upper right where it says "settings"? Edit avatar is down in the list on the left.
It very well may be a 10 post thing. I don't remember.

So whadda we call you?
"dude-with-many-bars-in-his-name" is kind of long.
:drunk:

Last edited:
I *think* that a custom avatar actually requires 50 posts or something. I could be wrong, it's been a while.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌;3962657 said:
Better than that Future Producer forum...
Oy... I think I had over 5,000 posts there before I gave up trying to reason with people. :facepalm:

Not that there weren't several knowledgable people wandering through there on occasion - But on the whole, I... You know, I'm just gonna shut up now.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌;3962657 said:
I'm new here but have been recording since the early Triassic period where I was charged with remembering the sounds of various local small dinosaurs... I just need to ask a question. How come I can't change my Avatar? Do I need to post like.... 10 times before I can pick a new Yogi The Bear Avatar? Just curious.... I know to travel to the US, the FBI has pics of me? I didn't have to be bad ten times to get on their wall!
And what is a "trackback"? (below me, below this new post box). Just curious on that one.
Thanx in advance! Great forum BTW. Better than that Future Producer forum...

You know I should know the answers to your questions, I am a mod here.... but I don't. Sad... :D

I can give you grief about your username. eh, but I won't. As cool as it is, it is a little confusing to know what to call you. You might consider changing to something more conventional. The admins might have a different opinion and change it for you. They have done that in the past.

Welcome to the site!!
:)

So whadda we call you?
"dude-with-many-bars-in-his-name" is kind of long.
:drunk:

I can give you grief about your username. eh, but I won't. As cool as it is, it is a little confusing to know what to call you. You might consider changing to something more conventional. The admins might have a different opinion and change it for you. They have done that in the past.

:)

I dub thee: Registered User

actually I think you have to scan it to get an English translation... :D

I've changed me name.... no more many bars.. I thought it cool but yes hard to reproduce every time I wanna log in.
Anyway, excellent forum and I will try to be helpful as much as I can. I have lotsa knowledge and want to share it all before... you know... solar flares or aliens take me out.

I've changed me name.... no more many bars.. I thought it cool but yes hard to reproduce every time I wanna log in.
Anyway, excellent forum and I will try to be helpful as much as I can. I have lotsa knowledge and want to share it all before... you know... solar flares or aliens take me out.

Ok, so that was weird. But, you now have an alias, with the same address.

That didn't start out so well for ya did it?

Look forward to learning from you Xntryk1!

Oh, so the barcode thing was an alias. yeah, don't do that. :mad: :D We will lock that one out and just use this one. Cool. :cool:

Ok, so that was weird. But, you now have an alias, with the same address.

That didn't start out so well for ya did it?

Look forward to learning from you Xntryk1!

Oh, so the barcode thing was an alias. yeah, don't do that. :mad: :D We will lock that one out and just use this one. Cool. :cool:

:thumbs up:....................

To bad! I really liked the bar code user name.

And I really know who this is. ;) My lips are sealed.

I just think it's annoying I can't delete a thread

Delete what thread? And why?

You can always ask one of us, if in fact you just made a mistake. If you said something interesting, well......to the lions with you. lol!

Just kidding man. Why do you wish to delete one of your threads?

Actually, the one thread you started, achieved good results. You can delete or edit a post in other threads, for like two weeks I think.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by fighterchamp I just think it's annoying I can't delete a thread

They are not your threads to delete. The y belong to the owners of the site.

Actually, I've moaned about the time limit on editing threads. I'd like to see some "meta" threads, but there's no way to effeiciently do that without being able to edit the top post indefinitely, to (mostly) add or (occasionally) delete links to threads/posts/other websites. The sticky's are fine, but if you just keep adding posts, you'd potentially have to drill down pretty far in the thread to get what you are after. The search function is great, but not always the most effective means of finding something. I know it isn't as much an issue here, but e.g. it might be nice to have a meta thread in Analog like Tape decks; and then you'd have headers for say Tascam MSR-16 and Fostex R8, with a link in the MSR-16 to removing hte counter roller, and one in the R8 to fixing that plastic gear that breaks and other common issues particular to the machine. Stuff like that.

Back