Vaginasaurus Rex - another retarded disasterpiece from the mind of Greg

Greg_L

Banned
I wrote this last week for my "showdown" with some beat making internet rap star, but he decided to back out of the challenge that he issued, so here it is anyway. Hot off the press, first mix, so see what you think. :spank:

Vaginasaurus Rex
Vaginasaurus Rex by Gregor The Terror
This is my Reverbnation page, sign up if you haven't already and would like to.

Any mix comments are welcome and appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Greg

Vaginasaurus Rex

There's a girl that no one wants to know
She's got danger underneath her clothes
She's not very feminine
She drinks gin and estrogen
She's a monster of sex
She's a vagina
Vaginasaurus Rex

She turns a smile upside down
She wears the undisputed crown
When you're crying she won't give you a hug
When you're dying she'll gladly pull the plug
She's not very feminine
She's drinking gin and estrogen
She's a monster of sex
She's a vagina
Vaginasaurus Rex

Here she comes
Here she comes
She's coming
She's coming
Cumming
Coming after you

Vaginasaurus Rex

:laughings:

You know how there are those songs you hear that make you go, "God. I should've wrote that." ?
This is that song.
I want to record a cover of it in multiple genres.

LMAO!

Too funny. Love the chorus - background vocs, harmonies, etc.

Nice.

Where's the beat making rap star song challenge thread? Please post a link please...lol.

:laughings:

You know how there are those songs you hear that make you go, "God. I should've wrote that." ?
This is that song.
I want to record a cover of it in multiple genres.
Thanks dude. Cover it, and I will sue you Lars style. :D

LMAO!

Too funny. Love the chorus - background vocs, harmonies, etc.

Nice.

Where's the beat making rap star song challenge thread? Please post a link please...lol.
Thanks Wish. The thread in question is in the drum section. Some guy named TAGG.

Very good. I love the chorus with the harmony and oh, oh, oh ohhh. Good stuff.

Thanks Lou. :)

Nice mix Greg. I like the bass tone, nice and round and has a bright mid-range. Nice natural kick and toms as well. I like the screech effects during the second verse.

True story, "cuntasaurus rex" is a phrase I've been saying for a while now to describe particularly bitchy and annoying females :P so I felt like I had special onus to listen to this song.

That's excellent, Greg.
To me it sounds very open, like a live perfomance.
The drums are great.
You continue to consistently set a high bar for the folks around here.

Nice mix Greg. I like the bass tone, nice and round and has a bright mid-range. Nice natural kick and toms as well. I like the screech effects during the second verse.

True story, "cuntasaurus rex" is a phrase I've been saying for a while now to describe particularly bitchy and annoying females :P so I felt like I had special onus to listen to this song.
Lol. That'll work too. Thanks for checking it out. :D

That's excellent, Greg.
To me it sounds very open, like a live perfomance.
The drums are great.
You continue to consistently set a high bar for the folks around here.

Thanks Sam. :)

great as always but I do think your guitar sounds have really improved your mix. They sit in the mix .... are powerful ... but don't cover up details of the vocals and other instruments. I really hear quite an improvement in that area.

Ooh ..... and the lead is MUCH better sounding than some of the lead voicing you've had before. Really cuts through without being shrill.

Great song!

Hey, this was pretty good Greg. The first verse reminded me of this girl at a party when I was a student - grotesquely overweight, wearing a 'Super Pussy' t-shirt and eyeing up anything male in the vicinity, clearly wanting to get nailed by absolutely anybody. Then in the second verse of the song it turns out she's all evil, but I don't think Super Pussy was evil, so, overall, I found it a bit confusing :D.

That aside, one can't fault your writing and production - great stuff as always.

I listened to Tourettes Queen (or a song named something like that) on your ReverbNation page the other day - that's the best of yours I've heard so far.

Very clean Greg! this might just be preference, but the vocals seem a bit dry and a bit small, and the kick doesnt have enough punch. however you nailed an awesome OH sound, very impressed with that, very clean and pristine. also the snare and toms are right on for me.

I think the harmony could come up a little bit.

LOVE the bass tone... how did you get this tone? im guessing there is more than 1 bass track.

great as always but I do think your guitar sounds have really improved your mix. They sit in the mix .... are powerful ... but don't cover up details of the vocals and other instruments. I really hear quite an improvement in that area.

Ooh ..... and the lead is MUCH better sounding than some of the lead voicing you've had before. Really cuts through without being shrill.

Great song!
Thanks a lot bud. That means a lot coming from you. I didn't think using a new amp and cabs would be such a process. Throw a new guitar into the mix and it's a whole 'nother animal alltogether. I'm quite pleased with what I'm getting so far, and hopefully it just keeps getting better and better. I guess the best thing that can happen is that one's gear inspires them to play and be creative, and mine is certainly doing that. :)

Hey, this was pretty good Greg. The first verse reminded me of this girl at a party when I was a student - grotesquely overweight, wearing a 'Super Pussy' t-shirt and eyeing up anything male in the vicinity, clearly wanting to get nailed by absolutely anybody. Then in the second verse of the song it turns out she's all evil, but I don't think Super Pussy was evil, so, overall, I found it a bit confusing :D.

That aside, one can't fault your writing and production - great stuff as always.

I listened to Tourettes Queen (or a song named something like that) on your ReverbNation page the other day - that's the best of yours I've heard so far.

Thanks dude. And thanks for liking Tourettes Queen. That was another goofy song that I just knocked out real quick and it turned out pretty good. The production and tracking was time consuming, but the writing for that one happened really fast.

Back in my younger days, we had another term for the scraggly girls at parties or clubs - the 4:15's. It always seemed that by 4:15 am, all of the worthwhile chicks had already left or had been claimed and plowed by some other dude. If there were any chicks left hanging around by 4:15, they weren't the cream of the crop. It was slim pickins and you were better off just cutting bait and taking off. It became a running joke to walk into a place, look around, and say "It's 4:15 already, let's go somewhere else". :D

Very clean Greg! this might just be preference, but the vocals seem a bit dry and a bit small, and the kick doesnt have enough punch. however you nailed an awesome OH sound, very impressed with that, very clean and pristine. also the snare and toms are right on for me.

I think the harmony could come up a little bit.

LOVE the bass tone... how did you get this tone? im guessing there is more than 1 bass track.

Thanks for checking it out. I'm okay with the kick and vocals, for now, but different ears and different listening environments give different results. And with more time away from this thing, I might go in and change some stuff. Your comments are noted and appreciated.

The bass is just one track. A Squier P-Bass into an Ampeg combo with a 57 in front. A little compression afterwards. No EQ. Pretty basic.

Back in my younger days, we had another term for the scraggly girls at parties or clubs - the 4:15's. It always seemed that by 4:15 am, all of the worthwhile chicks had already left or had been claimed and plowed by some other dude. If there were any chicks left hanging around by 4:15, they weren't the cream of the crop. It was slim pickins and you were better off just cutting bait and taking off. It became a running joke to walk into a place, look around, and say "It's 4:15 already, let's go somewhere else". :D

Lol, where I went to university it was pretty much always 4:15. Still, quantity over quality, eh?!

In Tourettes Queen, I really liked the progression of the initial guitar riff. It's the kind of stuff I could never come up with and really wish I could.

Lol, where I went to university it was pretty much always 4:15. Still, quantity over quality, eh?!

In Tourettes Queen, I really liked the progression of the initial guitar riff. It's the kind of stuff I could never come up with and really wish I could.

Thanks again. Listen to old stuff. Lol. I do all the time. They knew what they were doing back in the 50's and 60's. Yeah it was simple, but it was right. There's nothing groundbreaking about the chords in that song. It's just a simple basic 60's bubble-gum pop style progression. I listened to a lot of old Phil Spector stuff when I was looking for direction on that song, and of course I'm heavily influenced by the Ramones, so their Spector produced album "End of the Century" got a lot of listening time too. My Tourettes Queen is the end result. I must say I'm pretty happy with it. It came out pretty much exactly as I had hoped it would.

Thanks again. Listen to old stuff. Lol. I do all the time. They knew what they were doing back in the 50's and 60's. Yeah it was simple, but it was right. There's nothing groundbreaking about the chords in that song. It's just a simple basic 60's bubble-gum pop style progression. I listened to a lot of old Phil Spector stuff when I was looking for direction on that song, and of course I'm heavily influenced by the Ramones, so their Spector produced album "End of the Century" got a lot of listening time too. My Tourettes Queen is the end result. I must say I'm pretty happy with it. It came out pretty much exactly as I had hoped it would.

Thanks for the tip. I love Phil Spector's stuff he did with The Ronettes and songs like that. And his hair during his murder trial was epic. I'll check out that Ramones album too - not really familiar with their stuff.

Thanks for the tip. I love Phil Spector's stuff he did with The Ronettes and songs like that. And his hair during his murder trial was epic. I'll check out that Ramones album too - not really familiar with their stuff.

Cool. It's not the best Ramones album, but it's got good songs and classic Spector production. You'll probably see where I was coming from with Tourettes Queen after listening to that record.

It sounded real good. Not much I can comment on to improve.

I thought there were some of the harmony vocals that I would probably turn up a coupla db's.

There's a couple of times what one guitar on the left, in transitions, just kind of hangs on a single note. You could probably turn that up a bit.

But other than that, I got nothing.

Snare sounds good, But a little heavier than what you usually do.

Back