Hi , New to the forum - heres one we just released

^^ This is important.

If someone's first post is a request to listen, it has all the hallmarks of either clickbait (increase the number of hits) or ego stroking (tell me how good I am). This is very common, and without prior knowledge of the poster, there is no way to tell if the poster wants genuine criticism.

The benefit of doubt is usually applied by shifting the post to the marketing section.

As TripleM notes, the best way to get useful critiques is to get the trust of the HR membership by being a constructive contributor.

I'm hoping that this topic has been exhausted and we can all sleep comfortably.

I'm still hoping that this topic is exhausted and we can all sleep comfortably.

Silent.....

I listened 2X

Well for someone named silent you sure stirred up quite a loud roar.....

Perfectly acceptable to clearly state it is "released" and ask for feedback....But criticism here will be distinctly harsher.

As a nation we all yelled at the TV at the end of the Super Bowl because the Seattle Seahawks made the wrong choice and swear we would've done everything differently if we were in charge......I think the Seahawks knew what they were doing, but just made a choice that just didn't work that day....All the Monday morning Quarterbacks really have zero to do with the success or non success of the Seahawks.....Same here

Ultimately it all rests on each Artist here to take full responsibility for the end product

My only advice to you is simple.....I listened enough & read enough of this topic to tell you definitively 3 things.....

1. Fire yourself immediately from the production end and hire a real Producer
2. Keep making music you enjoy
3. Don't give the critics any more ammo in an already competitive field by releasing your music too early

ty steve
you're quite right...we've been looking for someone to work with us on the production send, that's a work in progress, so we are let to our own devices, such as they are
appreciate the constructive input, and we will, keep making the music we enjoy, that is
thanks for taking the time to listen...appreciate the feedback...

Silent.....

I listened 2X

Well for someone named silent you sure stirred up quite a loud roar.....

Perfectly acceptable to clearly state it is "released" and ask for feedback....But criticism here will be distinctly harsher.

As a nation we all yelled at the TV at the end of the Super Bowl because the Seattle Seahawks made the wrong choice and swear we would've done everything differently if we were in charge......I think the Seahawks knew what they were doing, but just made a choice that just didn't work that day....All the Monday morning Quarterbacks really have zero to do with the success or non success of the Seahawks.....Same here

Ultimately it all rests on each Artist here to take full responsibility for the end product

My only advice to you is simple.....I listened enough & read enough of this topic to tell you definitively 3 things.....

1. Fire yourself immediately from the production end and hire a real Producer
2. Keep making music you enjoy
3. Don't give the critics any more ammo in an already competitive field by releasing your music too early

thank you, jimmy, for taking the time...
i guess we've made a bit of a name for ourselves here, and not in the best way
but, hey...if you can't stand up for what you believe in, then where are we at?
we'll follow the rules from here on in, and take with us only what helps...
...moving forward...

thank you, jimmy, for taking the time...
i guess we've made a bit of a name for ourselves here, and not in the best way
but, hey...if you can't stand up for what you believe in, then where are we at?
we'll follow the rules from here on in, and take with us only what helps...
...moving forward...

I can agree with standing up for what you believe in. Much respect for that actually.

I bet this blows over and we all become friends. Well, most of us anyway.

Shall we start over? :)

Nice to meet you. My name is Jimmy and I am down to help in any way I can.

:D

we're down for that...
hello jimmy...i'm edd, backing vocals and management, and my husband, and counterpart in the group, is Bee (Silent here), who creates all the music...
we're really looking for help on the mix/engineer/producer side, which we've been pretty honest about...so...
anyone who'd like to help, we're all for it...we actually take advice and constructive criticism pretty well, and i know Bee would love to just talk music with you folks...
that's "who we are", nutshell version...
he's really the one to talk music, mixes, gear, and all that jazz...
hopefully, yes, this is all behind us...

FFS, won't this thread die? Especially the idiosyncratic way that edd_sc posts. Her use of written English grammar hurts my eyes. What is going on with the "three dots" thing and obstinate lack of capital letters? There's no need for it. Learn how to write English and USE it! My knackers are REALLY aching right now.

FFS, won't this thread die? Especially the idiosyncratic way that edd_sc posts. Her use of written English grammar hurts my eyes. What is going on with the "three dots" thing and obstinate lack of capital letters? There's no need for it. Learn how to write English and USE it! My knackers are REALLY aching right now.

Does 'knackers' mean something different round your hemisphere?

Wow... Reading through this brought back great memories. haha. When I posted my first recording here, I believe in 2009, it was absolutely shredded - and not nicely. But, I did exactly what I was told, because I knew I knew nothing about mixing, and quite quickly, and because I worked at it, I ended up getting some pretty solid mixes, and also ended up helping a lot of other folks out in the process.

So, after listening to your mix, I hear a whole lot of low-mid build-up. Like... a whole crap-ton. Get rid of that stuff. Also, if you want that much reverb, keep it, but learn how to employ it properly. Pink Floyd did it properly. Try EQ-ing the reverb so there isn't so much buildup across the entire spectrum (especially the low-mids). As previously stated, your drums and vocals sound... ummm... not good. If you want to do this as something more than a hobby, then get better at singing. Also - recording drums correctly is a royal pain, and in my experience, by far the hardest instrument(s) to get recorded right. If you're interested in learning how to record them correctly, there's a Sticky in the "drum" forum (link here) by the person who taught me (by far) the most about recording them correctly (kudos, Greg_L).

So... Yeah. Drums, and vocals, and getting the reverb right. Let me know if I can help ya any more.

#2...if this is a prereq before one can get help like #3 and #4, y'all really should say...

It's not a prereq. I was reiterating something from an earlier post of mine. By listening to and critiquing other people's music you train your own ears and improve your mixing skills. That's what I was trying to get across.

I don't think so! Knackers are testicles, and the phrase "it makes my knackers ache" is reserved for situations that cause extreme annoyance. :D

I thought it was one of our Australian friends that made the comment. You're only about 20 miles away from me! I've never heard the phrase.

Back