Hi , New to the forum - heres one we just released

RFR,
You seem to be something of a rebel without a pause - try a pet.
You don't like other people's comments much lately?
Sorry bub, I don't like yours either.
At least we have something in common - we posted in the same thread, I feel so close!
Enmity may be a small thing but you'll find you can grow it to substantial proportions in the hothouse of an online forum so that it can become your raison d'etre.
Paging Mr Kerr, Mr Kerr.
Has anyone seen Wayne?

rfr,
you seem to be something of a rebel without a pause - try a pet.
You don't like other people's comments much lately?
Sorry bub, i don't like yours either.
At least we have something in common - we posted in the same thread, i feel so close!
Enmity may be a small thing but you'll find you can grow it to substantial proportions in the hothouse of an online forum so that it can become your raison d'etre.
Paging mr kerr, mr kerr.
Has anyone seen wayne?

Haha, Ray dropping bombs up in this beeyatch.

Rayc,
I have nothing against you. You stated your opinion, and I stated mine. No reason to develop a hatred for me.☺
As to the rebel stuff, it just seems to me that new posters get jumped on easily.
As I said in another post, a clarification of the rules might help.

Sorry if I came off directly antagonistic towards you personally, not the intent.

Some advice to Silent and edd_sc... I would recommend that you offer critiques to as many other people as you can. #1, you will become more involved in the community, and people will be more likely to reciprocate. #2 and perhaps even more important - you'll enhance your critical listening skills. Those listening skills will help you become a better mixer on your own material. The more you do it, the better you get at it.

Just my thoughts.

Some advice to Silent and edd_sc... I would recommend that you offer critiques to as many other people as you can. #1, you will become more involved in the community, and people will be more likely to reciprocate. #2 and perhaps even more important - you'll enhance your critical listening skills. Those listening skills will help you become a better mixer on your own material. The more you do it, the better you get at it.

Just my thoughts.

^^ This is important.

If someone's first post is a request to listen, it has all the hallmarks of either clickbait (increase the number of hits) or ego stroking (tell me how good I am). This is very common, and without prior knowledge of the poster, there is no way to tell if the poster wants genuine criticism.

The benefit of doubt is usually applied by shifting the post to the marketing section.

As TripleM notes, the best way to get useful critiques is to get the trust of the HR membership by being a constructive contributor.

I'm hoping that this topic has been exhausted and we can all sleep comfortably.

well...hmmm...
yes, the two "noobs" are the people in the band...hi to you too
and as far as reciprocal listening/commenting/why the hell didn't they jump in and start commenting on other's posts first...to that i say this:
i was always taught that if you wanted someone to get a feel for you, put yourself out there first...let them know what you're about...
so, we come, we post, we give you the track, in all honesty looking for some feedback from a group of people in the know...
i have a feeling if we'd signed on and just started commenting away, we'd have been labeled trolls...lmao...
can't get it right any which way you go sometimes, right?
i don't deny the fact that to be involved, reciprocity is not only necessary, but courteous, but damn...
can we get our feet under us for a minute here?
take a look at it...the first damn thread we post and it blows up to a whole lotta bullshit, when it shouldn't have been, when we got accused and had to defend, when it was assumed what we were, and actually aren't...
so go ahead...think what you will, no one can stop you...
believe it or not, the Two Noobs have been around the block, and really...really really...don't need a lesson on forum etiquette...
i believe the Universe is trying to show us something...
later...

well...hmmm...
yes, the two "noobs" are the people in the band...hi to you too
and as far as reciprocal listening/commenting/why the hell didn't they jump in and start commenting on other's posts first...to that i say this:
i was always taught that if you wanted someone to get a feel for you, put yourself out there first...let them know what you're about...
so, we come, we post, we give you the track, in all honesty looking for some feedback from a group of people in the know...
i have a feeling if we'd signed on and just started commenting away, we'd have been labeled trolls...lmao...
can't get it right any which way you go sometimes, right?
i don't deny the fact that to be involved, reciprocity is not only necessary, but courteous, but damn...
can we get our feet under us for a minute here?
take a look at it...the first damn thread we post and it blows up to a whole lotta bullshit, when it shouldn't have been, when we got accused and had to defend, when it was assumed what we were, and actually aren't...
so go ahead...think what you will, no one can stop you...
believe it or not, the Two Noobs have been around the block, and really...really really...don't need a lesson on forum etiquette...
i believe the Universe is trying to show us something...
later...

Don't get too wound up about it... mistakes happen :)

This is a recording site... where we all teach each other in a ramshackle way about recording. You sort of joined at the "final" stage - post-recording... no-one knew you and there are often people who come here to try to "click harvest" or who drop their latest YouTube epic and are never heard of again. One of the regulars here actually wrote a damn fine tune about them a few years back - "Harvesters and Drive Bys"... you should hunt it down.

I'll call you S-C Noob A and S-C Noob B in future so you have individual identities... Which do you want to be?;)

Just my thoughts.

This is good advice.
I'm still learning how to mix and I've been here, well a while now. Maybe there's no hope for me....lol
But honestly, you get good advice and people are very helpful. They point out stuff that you miss or haven't thought about.

lol...
for the sake of individuality...sorta like Thing 1 and Thing 2???
ok, Armistice, so we discussed it, and i'll be S-C NOOB A...Silent will be S-C NOOB B (he's actually Bee irl, so it wasn't that hard of a choice...)
and btw, we totally get that, but here now, we have the third name for what it is we're supposedly doing...click seek, click harvest, click something-or-other, click clack moo...ENOUGH ALREADY FOLKS!!!

if we can for once and for all put this to rest, we have never, and will/would never, just hop on a thread at a brand new to us forum just for the sake of clicks...clicks happen, one way or the other...we've managed a good showing, so that's not our issue...

what S-C NOOB B (lord that's long...) saw when he first showed up what a forum called "home recording" (well damn, that's us), and a thread called MP3 Mixing Clinic (still us), with the tagline "Get FEEDBACK on your tracks! Don't be shy..."...

with not a shy bone in our bodies, and without the knowledge that we should run to each and every member's track and comment before posting our own, and with the idea that he wanted feedback...

and here we are

i guess from this i don't understand, and maybe it's my "noob" status, where the "mistake" happened on here, but never you mind, Faithful Home Recording Non-Noobs...

whatever the hell it is we did, we won't be doing it again...

Don't get too wound up about it... mistakes happen :)

This is a recording site... where we all teach each other in a ramshackle way about recording. You sort of joined at the "final" stage - post-recording... no-one knew you and there are often people who come here to try to "click harvest" or who drop their latest YouTube epic and are never heard of again. One of the regulars here actually wrote a damn fine tune about them a few years back - "Harvesters and Drive Bys"... you should hunt it down.

I'll call you S-C Noob A and S-C Noob B in future so you have individual identities... Which do you want to be?;)

ty ido1957, and yes, we have gotten a few good nuggets amongst the rest of the...non-nuggets...
the be all and end all is that we're not looking for ppl to blow smoke, we're just looking to get better...
that's all we were ever trying to do...or still are?
i'm confused now...
eek

This is good advice.
I'm still learning how to mix and I've been here, well a while now. Maybe there's no hope for me....lol
But honestly, you get good advice and people are very helpful. They point out stuff that you miss or haven't thought about.

we're just looking to get better...
that's all we were ever trying to do...or still are?
i'm confused now...
eek

My recommendation is to do these things:

1. Stop arguing with strangers on the internet.
2. Listen and critique other people's tunes.
3. Practice singing in tune.
4. Back off the reverb.

In that order.

My recommendation is to do these things:

1. Stop arguing with strangers on the internet.
2. Listen and critique other people's tunes.
3. Practice singing in tune.
4. Back off the reverb.

In that order.

Seconded. Especially the singing in tune bit.

#3 and #4...sure...get it, got it..good...this is the kind of stuff that we were expecting...
#2...if this is a prereq before one can get help like #3 and #4, y'all really should say...(and btw, SC-Noob B actually did this so...yeah...)
and as for #1, until strangers stop acting like, well, like...you can finish that one
or better yet, how about making it a policy of this particular forum to not make new members feel like they have to argue with strangers?
or it that the prerogative of senior members?
thank you to the few and far between that gave some good advice, and listened to our music, and didn't buy in to all the rest of what this thread became...
be seein' y'all...

#3 and #4...sure...get it, got it..good...this is the kind of stuff that we were expecting...
#2...if this is a prereq before one can get help like #3 and #4, y'all really should say...(and btw, SC-Noob B actually did this so...yeah...)
and as for #1, until strangers stop acting like, well, like...you can finish that one
or better yet, how about making it a policy of this particular forum to not make new members feel like they have to argue with strangers?
thank you to the few and far between that gave some good advice, and listened to our music, and didn't buy in to all the rest of what this thread became...
be seein' y'all...

Don't blame the "senior" members. When you n00bs come in here like this place owes you something, then you argue with the feedback you get, this is what happens. It's been done, you just did it, and it will happen to the next clowns that come in here. You aint special, you're just right now. You did poorly on two of the most important parts of music production. 1) Bad performance. 2) Bad use of effects. Fix that. That's the feedback you got, and that's all the feedback you need.

be seein' y'all...

Well, back to earlier posts about how many come here just to post their stuff and get hits on their music...

You obviously are not that type of member so let's just let it all go and forget about it already. :)

Moving forward from here is the best bet. :D

good lord, mod, don't you think we get that? but when you're ppl here give us posts like that, we're to, what, lie down and take it???
so someone kicks us, we fall, and on the way down, we're told, "hey, roll to your left, it won't hurt so much..."
wtf??? "you're not special, you're just right now"...wtf is a person/group supposed to do with that sort of reception?
take the feedback, but ignore the kick?
mod, i understand, believe me...
for the last ever lovin' time...WE GET IT! we asked for feedback, but not a bunch of judgments on who or what we are, or why we're here...
...and so, to that end...here we are...STILL...with some Forum God telling us we think we own the place, that is owes us something???
are you kidding me???
this has degenerated into a trollfest, imo, toward a couple of people, that, btw, never ONCE argued with any of the legit feedback, in fact, said, ok, yes, we see that, and thank you...
i get the idea of moving forward, but i will not sit idly by and have pot shots taken at us...
that's b.s., and it's your members doing it, not us...

Well, back to earlier posts about how many come here just to post their stuff and get hits on their music...

You obviously are not that type of member so let's just let it all go and forget about it already. :)

Moving forward from here is the best bet. :D

good lord, mod, don't you think we get that? but when you're ppl here give us posts like that, we're to, what, lie down and take it???
so someone kicks us, we fall, and on the way down, we're told, "hey, roll to your left, it won't hurt so much..."
wtf??? "you're not special, you're just right now"...wtf is a person/group supposed to do with that sort of reception?
take the feedback, but ignore the kick?
mod, i understand, believe me...
for the last ever lovin' time...WE GET IT! we asked for feedback, but not a bunch of judgments on who or what we are, or why we're here...
...and so, to that end...here we are...STILL...with some Forum God telling us we think we own the place, that is owes us something???
are you kidding me???
this has degenerated into a trollfest, imo, toward a couple of people, that, btw, never ONCE argued with any of the legit feedback, in fact, said, ok, yes, we see that, and thank you...
i get the idea of moving forward, but i will not sit idly by and have pot shots taken at us...
that's b.s., and it's your members doing it, not us...

Seriously. Stop.

My name is Jimmy. Not 'Mod'. I am here to help.

Why are you now acting as if I am being a dick? Try not to take things so personally...

I do not think you are understanding what I have tried to say about sharing on a forum. Especially this one.

This is the place for honest advice. Yes, you are going to get opinionated responses from some members, but take that for what it is worth. Don't complain or bitch about it...

My advice:

Peoples opinions are just that. Don't take it personally and do what you are doing now. Decide what you feel is good information that applies to you and go from there. Arguing and continuing this is doing nothing productive for you in any way.

Start over and try not to argue with people that post things you don't agree with. Move forward. :)

Last edited:
alright Jimmy...
i honestly don't think you understand the nature of the grievance i'm addressing, but then, we'll agree to disagree...
the "advice" we received was great, and in fact, has been something we've been discussing in earnest
however, when new members join and are accused, and let's be honest, that's what it was, and to label that an "opinion", or to go so far as to call it more advice is, idk, painting with a really broad brush...
it makes one not want to participate
if the policy of this forum is to place everything under that hat of "it's all opinion, don't get your hackles up", then ok...we know where we stand
apologies for not using your name in the first place, and for seeming to beleaguer a point...
but for the "Noob"s, it might be one that more than just we have been subject to...
trust that we won't comment any further on this...it feels like the point is out there, and what's been done with it...well...
it is what it is...
cheers, folks...have a great rest of your holiday weekend...

Seriously. Stop.

My name is Jimmy. Not 'Mod'. I am here to help.

Why are you now acting as if I am being a dick? Try not to take things so personally...

I do not think you are understanding what I have tried to say about sharing on a forum. Especially this one.

This is the place for honest advice. Yes, you are going to get opinionated responses from some members, but take that for what it is worth. Don't complain or bitch about it...

My advice:

Peoples opinions are just that. Don't take it personally and do what you are doing now. Decide what you feel is good information that applies to you and go from there. Arguing and continuing this is doing nothing productive for you in any way.

Start over and try not to argue with people that post things you don't agree with. Move forward. :)

I honestly do not care about the 'nature of your grievance'. It is the fact that you have one that is my point. If you spent that time you wasted responding here making music, you would have wasted a whole lot less time... Just sayin...

Trying to enter a forum and change the way it works is not going to help you personally. It is kind of like joining a particular cliche in high school. Only there are also adults with experience here as well.

Take advantage of what it has to offer. Ignore that which doesn't apply to you. Simple.

Again, move forward...

Back