Hammerhead - surf instrumental - have a listen please

I'm on phones, as I'm still on vacation...:D, so......

I like it. The sounds are good, and it's a fun listen. I got no real critique, but it sounds good to me. Excelent playing as always...asshat...:p

Sounds very true to the genre/ style. Sounds basically straight from the early 60's :)

Also, to some extent reminded me of Jaan Pehechaan Ho...the song that opens the movie Ghost World

Heh first thing I thought on hearing the opening was Hawaii 5-O. Next was Pulp Fiction. Lots of nice room sound. Drums are great. You've really nailed the genre

Sounds very true to the genre/ style. Sounds basically straight from the early 60's :)

Also, to some extent reminded me of Jaan Pehechaan Ho...the song that opens the movie Ghost World

Sounds like the "Ventures" or "Safaris". Maybe Dick Dale?:cool::D
It's "SURFaris" :)

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
Very cool.:cool: Sounds very authentic, real deal surf music. So, you CAN write a song. This changes everything.:D NIce tune.:cool:

10 seconds into it, you can have my review. :)

It's JAMMIN'. Did I say Groovin'.

The mixing is very good. :)

The composition is top notch.

The playing is fantastic.

Yeehaa swinging here from left to right and I normally don't like this style.
You did an excellent production and playing.

The only thing I might add is that it doesnt sound clear enough, it needs more really high high's IF you want to make it sound fresh.

If you wanted to go for the exact sound as in the old days, you sir have nailed it right on !!!

Good Job !!!

10 seconds into it, you can have my review. :)

It's JAMMIN'. Did I say Groovin'.

The mixing is very good. :)

The composition is top notch.

The playing is fantastic.
Thanks a lot man. :)

really cool song man, nice to hear one of your own
Thanks. I've got a few other originals I'm working on too. Not surf songs though. It's just hard as fuck to come up with decent lyrics. :mad:

Yeehaa swinging here from left to right and I normally don't like this style.
You did an excellent production and playing.

The only thing I might add is that it doesnt sound clear enough, it needs more really high high's IF you want to make it sound fresh.

If you wanted to go for the exact sound as in the old days, you sir have nailed it right on !!!

Good Job !!!
Thanks dude. I intentionally tried to keep it kinda "dirty" but not necessarily lo-fi. The drums are pretty much just the O/H's by themselves. The guitars are just my strat played through a little no-name combo with the reverb turned way up. Just tried to keep it simple and true to the era. Thanks for listening.

surf's up!

wow...i read all the comments first and thought people were exaggerating about how authentic it sounds...but they weren't. really impressive. just the right amount of reverb and vibrato (?) paired with the rapid, staccato riffs...sounds like a vintage tube amp, but i guess from your prior post that it isn't...a very nice mix and an exellent performance!
my 5-year old son is here and he is diggin' it - made me replay it 3 times!

wow...i read all the comments first and thought people were exaggerating about how authentic it sounds...but they weren't. really impressive. just the right amount of reverb and vibrato (?) paired with the rapid, staccato riffs...sounds like a vintage tube amp, but i guess from your prior post that it isn't...a very nice mix and an exellent performance!
my 5-year old son is here and he is diggin' it - made me replay it 3 times!
Thanks a lot man. I really don't know what kind of amp this is. It was given to me a long time ago and I just kind of never let it go. All it says on the front is "Acoustic model 123". I assume its about 100 watts SS. It has a great clean sound, and roars decently when overdriven via pedal or processor. I'm a drummer in my band, so I don't have any real need for a high-dollar super-amp, although I've really always wanted a JCM900 stack. ;)

Sniff....you make me feel so special...thanks man....:D
You're welcome. Now go make me a fucking sammich. :p

Back