Beat me up

Rokket

Trailing Behind Again
I am feeling a little masochistic. I need someone to tell me how bad I suck...

Go to post #9. The link was dead here....

Last edited:
You've got a really interesting voice. Kind of a "Jello Biafra does classic rock" sound.

That being said, I think something was wonky with the effects and/or room on the vocals. It sounded kind of like you were singing in a tin can

The guitar solos didn't seem to sit with the rest of the mix. I don't know if that's an eq issue or if it's because the tone is so different from the rhythm guitars.

Still, cool song. (There's a lot of songs about kids around here. Maybe I should have a few and see what the hype is about. :D )

Thanks!

I'll go back and fix the solo. It fit awhile back. Who knows what I did.

I over eq'd the vocal. I can fix that too... :o

Yeah, I'm getting a 404 error too. Look's like you have an apostrohpe in the title that's throwing the URL off. Obviously it worked for someone though. Maybe different browsers handle it differently?

You've got a really interesting voice. Kind of a "Jello Biafra does classic rock" sound.

Who the hell is that? :confused:

I suppose I have to google it now to see if that's an insult...:mad:

:D:D:D:D:D

Ohhhhhh Dead Kennedys..... :o

I still don't know if that's an insult, because I have never heard any of their music...

Last edited:
Typing as I listen...

I love the rhythm guitar sounds. And your vocal's dryer this time--I like it better that way. Man--you do harmonies like nobody's business--just the right amount and right timing.

The lead's not sitting in the mix as well as the rest of the part. I like the bass guitar a lot--just thick enough, but not muddy, nice job. Good song & arrangement. Overall--very cool. This is the kind of thing your daughter's gonna love for the rest of her life!

So learn me a bit more about your set up--what instruments do you play, what do you sample, etc.

Thanks!

I play everything except drums. And only because I don't have the room to set up or mic a kit...

I have several different amps and a couple different guitars. My main axe has been a Peavey Tracer that I bought in 1987, but lately I haven't been able to play her because of issues with the locking nut. So I used a Yamaha strat copy for this, and went through a JCM800 head and a Laney amp for the tones. There are 4 guitar tracks.

The lead guitar is not me, it's Purge. He's going to be pissed when he reads that I can't get his solo to sit in the mix, lol... :eek:

I record to a Fostex MR-8 and send everything to my pc to mix with Reaper.

The vocals are too loud. It's like there's this little tiny band and an enormous singer camping out.

I think a simple double would work better than a large background vocal arrangement for the choruses.

Cool song. There's a cool cheap trick thing going on here.

More rhythm guitars. Less lead guitar.

The vocals are too loud. It's like there's this little tiny band and an enormous singer camping out.

I think a simple double would work better than a large background vocal arrangement for the choruses.

Cool song. There's a cool cheap trick thing going on here.

More rhythm guitars. Less lead guitar.
over compensating for the last time I posted a song and was told that the vocals were too buried and you couldn't understand a word I said.

I can tone it down...

over compensating for the last time I posted a song and was told that the vocals were too buried and you couldn't understand a word I said.

I can tone it down...

If you bring it down, don't do it by very much. You're almost there. Actually, I think just back off a little on the vocal double and you've got it.

Cool Man,

That's the thing... this was tracked before I really knew how to track vocals. There is no double on the lead vocal... :o

I can bring it down about .5 dB and see what happens...

I finally figured who your vox sound like - there was a bloke in the late 80's down under called Will Shakespear (yeah, I know) who had a couple of pop hit - dressed up ER1 style too. He had a similar voice. His last single was My Little Angel.
This is nice - the solo isn't really dady's little girl style though - she may be a metal head though!
The chugga guitars remind me of someone - maybe you!

Back