Almost Said F-it Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
...you don't expect to see things like that go on in church...
:laughings:

Not to get into a whole religion debate...but politics have been always been a driving force in most "curches"...check your history.
It's just that when folks come in on Sunday to cleanse their souls....they don't *want* to see/kno about the stuff that goes on "behind the alter".

Bob, it seems to me that this guy is going to be a thorn in your side no matter what happens. .
not my side ...... Steves' side.

In actuality I wouldn't have used the words "suck my dick" in that setting.
What I would have done is to cut him off about a sentence into his rant and tell him he doesn't talk to me that way and he could set up his own soundsystem and find his own equipment unless he apologizes right this very second and I would be carrying my stuff back to the truck as I said it so he'd know I was serious.

Yes .... politics is a very big part of large (and small) churches. But you can keep out of it by making it very clear at the beginning that you won't participate or allow others to talk to you in that way.
Now a pattern has been set and this guy thinks of stevieb as someone he can talk down to.
Not that I care .... it's his church and gig so it's his problem but I stop things like that in their tracks so it doesn't happen again. If I'm gonna donate my time to something (and I do) I'm gonna get treated like I'm doing something nice and not like I'm a flunky.
That's just me ........ YMMV.

...Yes, that's true. I think why a lot of us struggle with it though is because you don't expect to see things like that go on in church...
.. just like that warm fuzzy feeling learning about dirty cops. Then you had priests sticking it to children that was an interesting bit of sunlight (..or was that actually over? :confused:

LOL at church in the entertainment business.

not my side ...... Steves' side..

Got it. That was kinda what I meant in my own Adult ADD way.

I agree with you about nipping it in the bud. I figure if Steve talks with the minister and walks, then this guy will understand what its like to get cut out and it might teach him a little humility. Then again, perhaps not.

But if Steve can render himself immune to this guy so he's just plain irrelevant, then both the battle and the war have been won.

Well all I can say is that Steve did do the right thing by turning the other cheek.
But the P-man seems to pray on that until you run out of cheeks.

Truly between a rock and a hard place on this one.

.. just like that warm fuzzy feeling learning about dirty cops. Then you had priests sticking it to children that was an interesting bit of sunlight (..or was that actually over? :confused:

LOL at church in the entertainment business.

the church is big entertainment..

Wow. 54 responses (well, 52 if you don't count my two posts) in less than 24 hours. May not be a record, but pretty impressive, nonetheless.

Trust me, the thought of packing up and going home, right then, did cross my mind. I decided not to because I would be letting down others- P-man can kiss my ass, but I neither want to hurt others who are blameless in this, nor earn a reputation of being unreliable. There are much bigger issues involved than over-blown or bruised egos.

Well, that's a mature attitude. You still have to make it clear that you won't tolerate his behavior though.

Actually, they are.

I am typing this while working the gig, and things are going well. P-man has behaved himself, and the sound is terrific. Having some trouble recording the piano- I moved the 4040 to right in front of the piano, but that mic seems to be ailing. Just noticed my SD card is full, too! :( Can't get any headphone output, so I am flying blind (deaf?)

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back