Almost Said F-it Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
True...but at least with a regular band gig, if you treat it with some bu$ine$$ $en$e...you can often come to a mutually beneficial agreement, and put the Junior High attitudes aside.
When it's all "volunteer" work...and everyone needing to show off their "audio stuff" for the glory of god (or whatever)... :rolleyes:

Like I said...everyone I ever heard talk about a church gig...there was always attitudes & politics messing things up.

I've heard complaints about everyone getting to play regardless of talent level,no one taking charge or when some one does they get ragged on for it a lot opf things.My friend says they have a guitar player who plays leads nonstop through every single song.
Still I've heard professional quality music at churches,I don't comment on the religious content,I have no problem seperating the two.

Not surprised, stevie.

If you come off in person like you do in here with a bunch of bullshit answers and then later admit you know fuck-all about the topic in question you shouldn't expect anything different than what you are getting.

Like synths, and guitars, and stomp boxes vs digital shit modelers, etc etc etc ad infinitum.

I bet this'll make ya feel better bro.

kaopectate.jpg

It was on just the other day...I've seen it a couple of times now.
It's like the modern day Spinal Tap. :D

Of course, Jen is just too hot...but you have to get the original, uncensored version for the full effect. :o

Oh I agree...but ego CAN sometimes be kept in check by the potential of making $$$.

When it's free/volunteer...ego is all they got. :D

Not surprised, stevie.

If you come off in person like you do in here with a bunch of bullshit answers and then later admit you know fuck-all about the topic in question you shouldn't expect anything different than what you are getting.

Like synths, and guitars, and stomp boxes vs digital shit modelers, etc etc etc ad infinitum.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Oh I agree...but ego CAN sometimes be kept in check by the potential of making $$$.

When it's free/volunteer...ego is all they got. :D

Point score Game!
Yeah, ya'mean that one god that keeps that other god in check..? keeps us trudging off to work, keeps our mouths in check so we don't get our asses fired..
:p Oh yeah. ;):D

The 1st "Yeah, stand up & shout" sounded like Noddy Holder!.
Performance = ego exercise. It's only natural.
Managing the ego enough to be part of the performance rather than the whole thing is the craft.
Knowing that playing the part enhances the performance & therefor the ego is the skill.
Getting noticed and admired for your part is the art.

Well must have been a heck of a show! Steve last post 12 hours ago from the show and hasn't been heard from as yet.
And with tomorrow being the big day and all.

How did the recording come out?

I am guessing you missed this post:

Actually, they are.

I am typing this while working the gig, and things are going well. P-man has behaved himself, and the sound is terrific. Having some trouble recording the piano- I moved the 4040 to right in front of the piano, but that mic seems to be ailing. Just noticed my SD card is full, too! :( Can't get any headphone output, so I am flying blind (deaf?)

We shall see.

After the concert, we worked together just fine, breaking down and resetting the space for Sunday Morning services.

Haven't listened to the recording. I am feeling rather under the weather. Got home and went straight to bed. Had a meeting and some business to take care of this morning, and by the time I got home, I was feeling like crap again, so I just laid on the couch and watched the History Channel... I will listen to it, soon, and if it's respectful, I will post it here, probably.

As for this:
Not surprised, stevie.

There is only one appropriate response:

Fuck off, asshole. Everybody here is either supportive or reflective, except you (well, and Greg- who never had an original thought enter his pointy little head, anyway- the best he can do is try to ride in on the coattails of a dickweed like you.) Your posts are more bullshit, ill-conceived, and narrow-minded than anyone's. Most everyone else here either offers or accepts apologies except you two- something obviously happened that scarred your egos so severely that the only way you can salve your wounded self-esteem is to respond with a pathetic, pathological need to, against all logic, try to convince others that you are somehow superior to them.

I am truly sorry you lead such a dismal life. The religious aspects of this thread, the respect I have for the Jewish tradition, and my displeasure with myself for fueling your pathologies by engaging in a pointless argument with you, makes Proverbs 26:4 very apropo: “Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be likened unto him.”

You are both sad, pitiful little men. I have grown increasingly weary of your predictable and vitriolic posts. I feel for you, really I do, but there is nothing I can do for you. I see that the best thing I can do is engage the "ignore" option, for the first time, with your user names. I wish you well, and hope you will find some peace from the demons that infest both your psyche.

Everyone else, thank you so very much for your responses- both the thoughtful and impulsive. I am grateful I am able to hear the wisdom, even when some are just making lots of noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back