Almost Said F-it Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I thought church was all about worshipping an invisible man who sits on a cloud watching me masturbate...

A perfect ( petty/jealous etc ) being doesn't require worship. Just wants people to love their fellow mankind - no that Christians understand that.

My church is very bible oriented so we are lucky to have a piano and an organ to sing hymns to.
But a lot of churches have praise bands that requires a console no smaller than 32 inputs and at times that isn't even enough!

The Bible says "make a joyful noise" it also mentions the harp and lyre. That was what they had back then so why not use some guitars and drums now a-days. I worked the sound at my church for a while. We got electric drums a couple guitarists, bass etc.

A perfect ( petty/jealous etc ) being doesn't require worship. Just wants people to love their fellow mankind - no that Christians understand that.

Well technically some scholars suggest that the purpose of worship, and the fact that the earth is pretty corrupt and messed up (everyone admits that part), is so that the Bible becomes the "perfect love story." Man screws up and someone loves them enough to come and die for them and fix everything when the end comes around.

This is one time where if Stevie complained about the thread going off topic, I'd have to agree with him.

Well technically some scholars suggest that the purpose of worship, and the fact that the earth is pretty corrupt and messed up (everyone admits that part), is so that the Bible becomes the "perfect love story." Man screws up and someone loves them enough to come and die for them and fix everything when the end comes around.

Sorry ? Scholars ? You need scholars to interpret the word of god ?:laughings:

This is one time where if Stevie complained about the thread going off topic, I'd have to agree with him.
Well, there's no danger of that. He says all the posts were relevant, and he's actually proud of the amount of responses he received. :laughings:

Check this out:

stevieb said:
Wow. 54 responses (well, 52 if you don't count my two posts) in less than 24 hours. May not be a record, but pretty impressive, nonetheless.

Yeah and they're all very relevant.

Actually, they are.

So, you see. Everyone's happy. Hallelujah!!!!! :)

Churches, sports clubs, social groups, parent & citizen committees etc etc: many become little empires for "club" people to justify their existence, finally have a chance to be the bully after a life as a victim, create dynasties or demonstrate their lack of personal skills.
It's always a pleasure to hear another hatfull about the hipocrisy of turned cheeks, doing unto others, doing it for the kids and leadership roles in general as it reinforces my jaundiced view (developed over a life time of dealing with such groups from both sides).
You have to accept that such folk are initially accepted for their enthusiasm and then lived with because they are too daunting to deal with.
Staying for the benefit of "others" only reinforces the power structure & is sophistry at best.
There are only five ways to manage the situation:
1) roll over & be urinated on (this includes doing for the others);
2) formally ask the committee to deal with them (& if the committee is as weak as they needed to be in allowing the person to become the way they are you'll get little from them);
3) front the person and tell them calmly & clearly (& risk being considered a prima donna, of causing dischord or not being a team player);
4) walk, don't run, away without looking back &

5) stay, white ant the person/position and take a sinister pleasure in seeing it all fall apart (& maybe rushing in to rescue the distressed & needy at the 11th hour there by falling into & securing your place in the political hell hole that is "clubland" - the @#^* is dead, long live the @#^*!).
It's even worse when it's your workplace as high unemployment reduces the number of options considerably

Last edited:
It seems to me there's politics involved with all bands,church or not.It's got nothing to do with music or religion and everything to do with personalities.Same for sports teams,work,etc..

Churches provide an outlet for musicians who want to play in a band setting but don't want to be in a club setting.I don't attend church but my daughter is in a church choir at a small church that has a really nice music program and I think it's a very positive thing.

Well must have been a heck of a show! Steve last post 12 hours ago from the show and hasn't been heard from as yet.
And with tomorrow being the big day and all.

How did the recording come out?

Well must have been a heck of a show! Steve last post 12 hours ago from the show and hasn't been heard from as yet.

He probably got arrested for punching out P-man at the end of the gig! :laughings:

...or he's doing penance...and they made him break down alone after the gig. :D

It seems to me there's politics involved with all bands,church or not.It's got nothing to do with music or religion and everything to do with personalities.Same for sports teams,work,etc..

True...but at least with a regular band gig, if you treat it with some bu$ine$$ $en$e...you can often come to a mutually beneficial agreement, and put the Junior High attitudes aside.
When it's all "volunteer" work...and everyone needing to show off their "audio stuff" for the glory of god (or whatever)... :rolleyes:

Like I said...everyone I ever heard talk about a church gig...there was always attitudes & politics messing things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back