How I built a large following on SoundCloud

Over time you will build up thousands and thousands of extremely targeted followers.

Any connection with Rev. Sun Myung Moon?

You didn't even include a link to any of your soundcloud pages...for people to see how "large" a following you have.

Exactly.

I love when people get on a forum ant TELL you how great they are doing...but never actually provide any links or supportive facts...just a lot of blah, blah, blah.

I get the feeling he's just here on a fishing expedition...looking for more followers.

A quick search brings up some interesting info on the brodel34 username. I won't post links, you all know how to google. He posted the same shit as here on a DnB forum yesterday but it looks like they removed it.

Musician my arse. He's just one of those people that offers Likes, Plays, Views for small amounts of cash. A scammer. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't doubt he makes $80k. There are many a gullible fool around the internet to be exploited by scum, sorry, scammers.

:thumbs up:

A quick search brings up some interesting info on the brodel34 username. I won't post links, you all know how to google. He posted the same shit as here on a DnB forum yesterday but it looks like they removed it.

Musician my arse. He's just one of those people that offers Likes, Plays, Views for small amounts of cash. A scammer. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't doubt he makes $80k. There are many a gullible fool around the internet to be exploited by scum, sorry, scammers.

:thumbs up:

Looking into him further now...

Yeah, that's enough.

Mr Clean made a great suggestion to leave this post up for future reference about this guys scams. I edited out the reference to the website in his original post.

Hammer time.

Yeah, that's enough.

Mr Clean made a great suggestion to leave this post up for future reference about this guys scams. I edited out the reference to the website in his original post.

Hammer time.

Bravo Jimmy, Armistice and the rest of you for outing this jerk...

Yeah, that's enough.

Hammer time.

hell I will give you the number to my ex wives for nothing!:D

I really didn't want to get caught up in all this mess, so thanks to Clean and Armistice (and Jimmy for the hammer).

There's a ton of people trying to take their own share of the little money left to songwriters/musicians.
I got sucked into watching a 90 minute 'webinar' the other night from Leah McHenry about using the digital world to make tons of money from your music. It all devolved to no real useful tools, but a sales pitch for her $300 video series (which is a pitch to buy the $1000 'learn how to make your targeted FB ads work' videos).

There's a ton of people trying to take their own share of the little money left to songwriters/musicians.
I got sucked into watching a 90 minute 'webinar' the other night from Leah McHenry about using the digital world to make tons of money from your music. It all devolved to no real useful tools, but a sales pitch for her $300 video series (which is a pitch to buy the $1000 'learn how to make your targeted FB ads work' videos).

The old adage "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is" comes into all that stuff. Likes, Listens, Views, Counts, etc don't really mean anything but people get themselves hung up on it and will buy that stuff when, I'm guessing, it's pretty easy to do it yourself, in reality. It's a sad state of affairs really when having "fake" fans can help you fish for real ones.

Not for me though. no interest. :thumbs up:

So today is David Bowie's B'Day, and he also released his first new album in like 10 years ("Blackstar").

One article mentioned this:

"His life of putting art before celebrity is a masterclass for today’s musicians who search for their their best camera angle or hashtag...before seeking out their unique contribution."

So many of today's young artists think it's all about stupid tweets, and gathering millions of interweb likes, and propping one's image with marketing hype...
...rather than just focusing on creativity, and letting all that other stuff come to you naturally as a byproduct of your work.

So today is David Bowie's B'Day, and he also released his first new album in like 10 years ("Blackstar").

One article mentioned this:

"His life of putting art before celebrity is a masterclass for today’s musicians who search for their their best camera angle or hashtag...before seeking out their unique contribution."

So many of today's young artists think it's all about stupid tweets, and gathering millions of interweb likes, and propping one's image with marketing hype...
...rather than just focusing on creativity, and letting all that other stuff come to you naturally as a byproduct of your work.

Three years... Not that it alters your point.
He released his first album in about 10 years, 'The Next Day', on his birthday in 2013.
As I understand it there was no advertising or marketing other than a few last minute billboards around London. I think it was pretty low key this time around too.
It made number one in about 20 charts! lol

The Next Day was a shame in my opinion. Straight forward rock record, hit too hard by the 'mastering' hammer. I like it overall but find it hard to listen to.
I bought Backstair this morning but haven't listened yet, apart from the two singles, which I'm loving!
It seems like it'll be one of his odd-ball-wailing-sax-records....whatever you think of that.

Your right...I was reading the article and misread where they said "10 years"...and thought they were referring to "Blackstar".
So far...the title cut I heard from "Blackstar" is a bit...mmm...to "artsy odd" for my taste...but I'll check out some of the other cuts to see if they are any different, though based on reviews, I think the whole album is like the title cut.

I was (well I still am) a huge Bowie fan....though didn't really listen much to "Heathen" or "The Next Day". I caught a few tunes of his over the last 15+ years, but not like I was listening to Bowie back in the '70s and even early '80s, when I got to see him on his "Let's Dance" tour at Madison Square Garden. Had decent seats, but I showed up with my old-school 35mm camera, the bag, the lenses...and back then you could carry that stuff in...so I walked down to the stage area and the security guard let me through into the "forbidden zone" and even right up to the left side of the stage for like 10-15 minutes so I could get some great shots.
I think he must have assumed I was there on the job, me with that camera bag and all...so he just waved me in. :D

After that, I kinda moved on to other things musically, but I have great respect for Bowie, and in some ways, I was influenced by a lot of his music...though, he's had many style transitions that there was never any one in particular.
Of course...his early stuff is still the best IMO...but not just his first few things, but I would say right into the mid-80s...and since then, his output kinda dropped off, and I honestly think he just about ran out of new music styles! :p
I mean, he's practically lead they way in just about every modern music genre since the early '70s. :cool:
My favorite Bowie styles are where there are stronger Rock/Punk/Pop influences...though some of his avant-garde stuff is also appealing, but I kinda cherry-pick through that.

Back