Behringer U-Control UCA222 not recording

EasyBend

I recently bought the Behringer U-control UCA222 so that I can record my keyboard/guitar into my laptop with decent quality. I bought it thinking the sockets were 6.3mm jacks but wasn't too annoyed when they were RCA as I have adapters. I currently have my instruments going into the right input on the device, 6.3mm lead into an RCA adapter then into the right. I have the usb plugged in to my laptop yet it doesn't pick it anything. When I plugged it in first time it installed drivers and the CD that came with it did the same, but it doesn't pick up any sound at all.

What is wrong, how do I fix it?

You have to tell whatever software you're using to record to use the Behringer as your interface and probably assign it to tracks within the programme. Depending on what operating system you have on your computer, you may also have to go to the Audio control section and assign the proper input(s) on the Behringer to be the default audio source.

Exactly how to do all this will vary depending on what DAW and what OS you have--I'm afraid it's time to do some manual reading.

It still picks up no sound, Im using audacity I have selected USB audio microphone (which is what it sees it as) still nothing. I have checked the windows 7 recording devices thing and that picks up no sound from it either. I am puzzle as to why it doesnt work. I have tried changing cables etc still not working. Any ideas?

(also when I have the USB microphone selected and try to record it records whatever is going through the speakers)

Right Re-installed drivers and stuff its now calling it Line in - Behringer USB Audio, which is more promising. Still no sound though, also when I try and play sound throgh the output its VERY VERY quiet maybe that will help?

Yehp. That sounds better.
What software are you using? You need to select the behringer in your DAW software settings.

Back