Tascam/Teac parts division problems for tsr8 belt

bluesallday

Any one ever have issues getting parts from the teac parts division.I ordered a belt a long time ago and it never came.I finally emailed them because they never contacted me,they told me they never had a record of my order.Then they emailed me back and said they found my order but couldn't ship it until the following friday or monday because they were switching over to a new system.I waited a week from the monday just to give them the benefit of the doubt and still no belt.I emailed them back and the say it is going to be a few more days until they get their "system" running.I still have not recieved a belt and I am beginning to wonder whats up with these guys,how hard is it to grab a belt off the shelf and just mail it,they already have my money but I don't have a belt.Anyone ever have problems with them and what can I do about.I could have spent a few more dollars and already have one off ebay!

Any one ever have issues getting parts from the teac parts division.I ordered a belt a long time ago and it never came.I finally emailed them because they never contacted me,they told me they never had a record of my order.Then they emailed me back and said they found my order but couldn't ship it until the following friday or monday because they were switching over to a new system.I waited a week from the monday just to give them the benefit of the doubt and still no belt.I emailed them back and the say it is going to be a few more days until they get their "system" running.I still have not recieved a belt and I am beginning to wonder whats up with these guys,how hard is it to grab a belt off the shelf and just mail it,they already have my money but I don't have a belt.Anyone ever have problems with them and what can I do about.I could have spent a few more dollars and already have one off ebay!

I had problems just getting a reply to my email about ordering meter bulbs for my mixer. After like about 6 months and several emails I finally got a reply with unbelievable prices for bulbs. :(

When I ordered parts for my M-2516 mixer, 122b cassette deck, and motor for a 38 (same motor works in my RT-909), they each got to my house in about 2 to 3 days. These were separate orders at various times of the year. It surprises me to hear that they are doing so bad with you guys.:eek::confused:

From a long track record, it appears they are much more responsive to phone orders than to emails, in general. Are you talking about TEAC in Montebello, CA, or one of their affiliates or "authorized" centers?:eek:;)

For as little as I've ordered parts from TEAC/Tascam, I've never had a problem with it.:eek:;)

I have placed MANY orders with them, never had a problem.

I'm also sorry you're having trouble. I always do phone ordering and use email for inquiries to which they've always responded in 24-48 hours.

Maybe it is isolated and truly related to a system change.

I think its pretty phenomenal that there is actually a place I can call that stocks parts for my 25 year old deck, and to which I can also call and have a lengthy down-to-earth helpful discussion with a knowledeable tech on that same deck...done that several times too on REALLY difficult issues with my 58.

Tascam is it for me.

Its a computer thing is why they cant mail you a belt.
I went to the post office the other day to buy a card of stamps and the guy behing the stamps counter said the computer was messed up and he couldnt sell me any stamps for atleast a half hour:rolleyes: So I went to my bank down the street and got them out of the easy teller there.
I cant beleive it has become that hard to sell a book of stamps.

Back