Cancellation of eBay Tape Order

B

Beck

Anyone else get a notice from megaboxwarehouse that they made a mistake and don't have the tapes we ordered? I'm pissed off big time!

What was the type of tape? Perhaps they were going to take your money, then place an order through cheaptape.com or some other company, but then ran out of stock?

-Pete

Yep same here. This could add up to alot of 'negative' feedbacks for them!!
No explanation in the email either.

This was the explanation I got:

Dear mamm7215,

Thanks for your purchase. However, there?s an error in my listing and I
do not have the BASF 911 available. Your refund has been issued via Paypal.
To finalize the refund please go through the eBay return process.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yeah, I'm sorry too...

Same here...

8 of the 911 and 3 of the 406.

I had even gotten a notice that shipping labels had been printed.

They clearly don't know that we all talk to each other. This is definitely not a simple inventory oversight, guys. I'm betting (not literally...I think I already did that...) that it is either what Pete or Ethan said.

Any way we can collectively take this up with the Seller or with eBay? There's no way they could have not known that they didn't actually have that much inventory before listing...I can see 1 or 2 here or there...an honest oversight, but canceling all of them, after sending out shipping label notices?? Naw...nawnawnaw.

Don't know what to do but this is not right and I'm not sure I'm ready to let it go...:mad:

Guys, I'm putting together a message to megaboxwarehouse.

Would any of you be interested in PM'ing me your eBay listing numbers so I can put those in my message? I'm wanting to make it loud and clear that we all see what's going on and its not right.

Let me know if I'm over the top. Having the listing numbers would validate that we are discussing the issue.

Well they refunded my money and something doesn't smell right but I dunno if I'd go after it after this.

Okay...I guess I just want them to know that, in spite of my assumptiion that they think we're all just gonna think we're the only unlucky one vs. it being a global sniping, y'know?...Hoping tbey think twice before doing this to a bunch of Buyers again...

Because of this "inconvience" my money is going to be tied up for about a week, before I actually see my refund.

They are getting a negative from me.

Is anybody else thinking about leaving one?

If I had done what they did to us as a buyer, and waited four days before emailing them and saying, "there has been an error and I do not have the money, sorry for the inconvenience" I am pretty sure I would receive a negative from them. What they did was not right.

I am thinking leave a negative and then as a group we all send a message to ebay with all our listing numbers and report what they did.

Last edited:
My guess is they received an offer from somebody to buy everything.

Those were my thoughts exactly because they ended the auction early for the rest of the 406 and I thought... "Oh no, tapeandtape got to 'em." :eek: :mad: :D

Anyway, I got a second notice from eBay saying that the seller claimed we had mutually agreed not to complete the transaction. I didn’t hear from or agree to anything… in fact I’m sitting here right now painting one side of my face blue and sharpening the blade on my claymore... you know I’m of Scottish descent (of course you do… I say it all the time) :p

I wear a bracelet on my arm with the letters WWWWD (What Would William Wallace Do?) :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA7i9XoeOu4

Yeah that was another reason I didn't leave negative feedback, I AGREED to mutually end the transaction as well. However, that doesn't negate the ability to leave feedback so I may yet still...

Anyone else get a notice from megaboxwarehouse that they made a mistake and don't have the tapes we ordered? I'm pissed off big time!

I'm mostly pissed because they got my hopes waaaaay up. Guess I'll go back to tapeandtape now. :mad::D

Attachments

• Noname.jpg
    Noname.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 91
Seriously though, my vote is to hold off on any negative feedback until we are sure what happened. ;)

People do screw up, and I've only left one negative out of over 500 transactions in 7 years... so I like to be sure I'm doing the right thing.

However, if I see this same tape for sale later on by tapeandtape or some other seller... I will be leaving my second negative feedback in 7 years. :D

For now I’m communicating with the seller for a more complete explanation. If the seller’s supplier let them down I would not feel right about dinging them with a negative. That would be like a cop giving a motorist a ticket for breaking down on the side of the road... insult to injury.

OH NOOOOOO!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

....I was feelin' something wasn't right when I emailed the seller several times prior to getting help from you guys. I didn't received any reply as to shipping, type of reel etc..........

Man and I was thinking we could secure some nice, NOS, tape for cheap...:(:(

..... but I'm also of the thought that maybe the seller got a much better offer .. [possibly from tapeandtape, as Beck already mentioned - they're both in California] but then again this doesn't explain why you've received shipping notices. Maybe they were automated?

All in all this seller's explanation and customer service is absolute bull. Ya just don't treat people that way.

Guys, I'm all for negative feedback but be aware, and this is the drawback to the FB system, that you will get one back, as retribution. This sucks.:mad:

------

Tim and everyone,
Yep, this morning I recieved a notice that they were sold out and asking me to return to Ebay and tell them that I, am indispute with them, and That I refused to do the transaction.
I selected NO, and to send my tapes.
When I got home from work this evening, I recieved ANOTHER email from them asking me to PLEASE cancel the order.
I, at this time, will not and then Paypal emailed and asked what I wanted to do with the funds, and I told them to let them keep it and send the tapes.
I will then dispute the payment and file a claim against the company.
Boy, I am PISSED.
I kinda thought it was to good to be true.

Randal

This is the THIRD email I recieved. (tonight)

Hello,

I am sending this email to those customers who have purchased the BASF 911 Reel Audio Tape and the AMPEX 406 Audio Tape.

Unfortunately, I am unable to fulfil your orders due to an error in the listing. You refunds have been issued via Paypal. If you are getting unpaid dispute warnings, its because Ebay only allows Mutual Agreements not to sell via the Dispute Console. THERE IS NO UNPAID PENALTY TO YOU and you will not get an unpaid buyer penalty.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

- megaboxwarehouse Answer the question

Item and user details
Item Title: AMPEX 406 1/2" x 2500 10" Reel Audio Mastering Tape NEW
Item Number: 280225833827

I say, SLAM them with NEGATIVE feedback! ARRRGHH!, Now where did I put my beer?

Randal

Update to what went wrong

Here is the explanation that I got. I'm inclined to take my money and walk away and be thankful that I got the money back.

--Ethan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
We had an inventory of the AMPEX 406 and BASF 911 tapes. When doing our research, we realized that there are different sizes of the reel. The inventory sold out so quickly, there was nothing we could do. Due to a breakdown in communication, we had an incorrect inventory count. There was no way that I could supply my customers. What I listed was not the correct size and within 2-3 days I was completely sold out with pending orders I could not fill. The items that did go out are a complete crap shoot.

What I did then was issue full refunds for all those that purchased the item. Then I initiated a 'Mutual Agreement to end transaction' in the dispute console. This in no way affects your eBay account as it is not the same 'buyer unpaid' option. So there is no strike to you whether you agree to end it or not. In fact I take the financial hit if you keep the transaction alive. Shipping lab els were also printed, so I take a loss on those also.

So I took a lot of financial losses in this situation. I take full responsibility for the mistakes. We are scrambling to find more tape in the inventory. I realize that the prices on those reels were really dirt cheap, and it was never about undermining the sale for higher profit. We want to move these out as quickly as possible.

There was never any malicious intent. It was a VERY bad week.

Back