Cancellation of eBay Tape Order

Took them 3 days to get back to me....

I also asked them if they had any qty of 406 for me. They said they were out. (yesterday the 20th)

I go back and forth on this. I'm thinking to walk away and call it the fish that got away.

I think that bottom line is that someone came along and said I'll give you $20 or whatever per reel and take all you got and they went for it. That tape is already being offered at $45 per reel from someone else.

Not much I can do to get the tape here....(Cory if you end up with an extra reel you could shoot across the river let me know)

In general I'm not much for revenge and I would not want my honesty tested this way if I was feeding a family.

--Ethan

In general I'm not much for revenge and I would not want my honesty tested this way if I was feeding a family.

I can appreciate that, but to be clear I have no problem if they had made an honest mistake. However, that’s not what happened.

- They opened an eBay dispute and refunded my payment with no communication or explanation.

- They told me they had no SM 911, but then sent 8 reels to Cory

- They had invalid phone contact information and after I reported it they changed it to another invalid phone number (playing cat and mouse with eBay it seems).

- They will not respond to my emails, which were very professional and friendly in the beginning.

- They have violated several eBay rules.

In short they have shown an appalling insensitivity, total disregard and contempt for their buyers. It’s simply bad business and I’m calling them on it.

As I stated early I’ve only given one negative eBay feedback in over six years and 500 transactions. If this experience doesn’t warrant a negative and an official complaint to eBay, then nothing does. As a longtime buyer and seller I’m very understanding and gracious when a transaction doesn’t go smoothly. It takes a lot for me to leave a negative and pursue action against a seller. I have great patience, but once a certain threshold is reached, that’s it.

Complaining to eBay is just the first step in a long list of actions I will take based on statutes that regulate Internet commerce at the federal, state and local level. They’ll be hearing from a lot of people, which they will have to respond to. The eBay community polices itself and I feel we have a reasonability to challenge unscrupulous sellers for the good of everyone.

Anyway, that's where I stand. ;)

"Hello Tim, we are out of stock at this time. We received the subject items as closed out product. We do not restock these item regularly. We will keep you posted if we come across these product in the future. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Megabox"

This is the second email I received from them for my one email I sent to them. Apparently they didn't realize they had already responded to my email.

It sounds like they have a few different excuses for what happened.

Hey evm1024 you said "That tape is already being offered at $45 per reel from someone else." Do you mean that you have found the tape that megabox had listed already being sold somewhere else at $45??

If that is the case than that is blatantly obvious what happened.

Yeah negative all the way Beck.

Nope

"Hello Tim, we are out of stock at this time. We received the subject items as closed out product. We do not restock these item regularly. We will keep you posted if we come across these product in the future. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Megabox"

This is the second email I received from them for my one email I sent to them. Apparently they didn't realize they had already responded to my email.

It sounds like they have a few different excuses for what happened.

Hey evm1024 you said "That tape is already being offered at $45 per reel from someone else." Do you mean that you have found the tape that megabox had listed already being sold somewhere else at $45??

If that is the case than that is blatantly obvious what happened.

Yeah negative all the way Beck.

No I did not find that tape anywhere at any price. I was just speculating about what actually happened.

By the same token I don't think that someone was feeding a family in desperation. Just commenting on what it would take for me to do this to you all and not wanting to be there.

I just think that someone else saw a way to double their money and made them an offer they could not refuse.

Sorry for the late night confusion....

-Ethan

Tim et al,

Here are some pics of what I received.

These are of the 406:

406%20box.JPG

406%20package%20label.JPG

406%20inside.JPG

406%20tape%20label.JPG

Here is the SM911:

911%20box.JPG

911%20box%20label.JPG

911%20inside.JPG

911%20tape%20label.JPG

Look Like the real stuff?

Yep, that's the good stuff. That year Ampex 406 was made by Quantegy before they statred putting their brand name on it and is the new non-sticky formula. It should say Opelika Alabama on the back.

Congrats! :)

Back