Weber To Offer Hemp!!

soundchaser59

Reluctant Commander
Word today from the Weber forums, from the Grand Wazoo himself.....

Starting in a few weeks Weber will begin offering "Hemp Cone" as a cone option on certain select models, notably.......

(post dated Aug 2, 2010)

On a side note; we will have our own "Hemp" cones in about 2 weeks. 10" and 12" versions; you will have the option of choosing this cone with any of our 10" speakers with a voice coil 1.5" of larger; and on the 12" any speaker with vc 1.75" or higher.

Here is a link to the Weber Forums thread where this news breaks! Personally, I cant wait. I almost bought a pair of 10 inch Tone Tubbys this weekend, but now I can wait for the Webers!!

I wonder if the K9 inspection unit would pick up on them when you pass through checkpoints for military gigs.

This development could easily bring my entire Weber-oriented tone quest back to square 1. Now I'll have to re-test all of those Weber models again, this time with hemp cones.

Sounds like a California pop-stand for a medical pot dispensary....

"Yeah, I'll have 6 bags of chips, 4 fries, and 3 hemp cones......supersize the cones would ya?" :laughings: :laughings:

Man, oh, man, not only are the "jokes" in this thread breath-takingly predictable, they have also grown quite bad.

Eminence brought out hemp cone speakers called Cannabis Rex a few years back and aside from all the Cheech & Chong humor what I haven't found out about them, or these new ones from Weber is:

are they any good, do they sound any different or is it all just bullshit?

Oh sure,at first it's a hemp speaker,then it's a coke speaker,next think you know you're direct inputing smack.No thanks mister,my speakers are made from recycled bilbles and childrens books.

Eminence brought out hemp cone speakers called Cannabis Rex a few years back and aside from all the Cheech & Chong humor what I haven't found out about them, or these new ones from Weber is:

are they any good, do they sound any different or is it all just bullshit?

Why take our word for it? Why don't you buy some and find out first hand? I've bought and sold maybe 50 different speakers in the last 3-4 years, and what I have left (what I've come back to every time) is EV and Tone Tubby. EV is the only thing that's better than Tone Tubby........for what I play.

Back