The New Tone Thread

How about some of these WalMart customers?

The Latest Crop of WALMARTIANS … | Bear Tales
Wal-Mart is definitely where you'll find the lowest common denominator. I even wrote a song about it. Wal-Mart at Midnight. It's a total freakshow.

Are the cops really that shit that they won't even investigate crimes?
It's the city. It's too big. There are like 20 murders a night. They have bigger fish to fry than some guy getting his guitar stolen.

It's the city. It's too big. There are like 20 murders a night. They have bigger fish to fry than some guy getting his guitar stolen.
This is exactly why I've stayed here in Deliverance-ville all my life dude....I thought I wanted to live in the city years ago, went to Baltimore for a few months, & haven't looked back....

Ha, you're hitting a couple of nails for me.

My 1911 is a beast, a hand cannon. It's big and not very concealable at all and it shoots sledgehammers for bullets.
We carried the 1911s in the navy. One shot would absolutely stop anyone. They were a great gun, but not unwieldy like the desert eagle or some Clint Eastwood gun. My last few days in the navy, they were switching over to 9mm and they told us we had to get at least 3 rounds off to be effective. what a waste.

I shot about 300 rounds today all tactical style and shit.
I took a shipboard security class which taught all that stuff. It was a great class. Started out with nightstick training, went into clearing a room of bombs, subduing and searching people, small arms tactics, hostage situations, the whole works. At the end of it, we played out a lot of hostage scenarios on a ship using paint guns. It was crazy cool. But then we had to clean the ship of all the paint. :mad:

Hey Greg ..... did you know the daughter of Mosely is building Mosrite re-issues?

And custom shop stuff too ..... this makes me drool.

Attachments

• '05_Custom-3_0.jpg
    '05_Custom-3_0.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 31
believe it or not, I've never owned a gun.

Don't like 'em ...... and I hate knives. Just not a weapons sorta guy.
Up 'till now I've just had several motorcycle tire irons around the house ..... I guarantee I can kill the shit outta ya' with that thing.

But ...... I'm getting old and it's starting to be a factor in my ability to beat someone to death so it's prolly time to gun-up.

Hey Greg ..... did you know the daughter of Mosely is building Mosrite re-issues?

And custom shop stuff too ..... this makes me drool.

Yeah, Dana Moseley. She makes nice stuff, real pricey, but I think the Japanese Fillmore Co actually own the rights to Mosrite, and she has broken off from them, so God only knows where that leaves her for making Mosrite guitars.

believe it or not, I've never owned a gun.

Don't like 'em ...... and I hate knives. Just not a weapons sorta guy.
Up 'till now I've just had several motorcycle tire irons around the house ..... I guarantee I can kill the shit outta ya' with that thing.

But ...... I'm getting old and it's starting to be a factor in my ability to beat someone to death so it's prolly time to gun-up.

I've always been a knife guy. It's dumb and childish, but I've just always felt it's more personal to stab someone than shoot them. Lol. I've carried a switchblade since high school, like a proper hoodlum. I even posted a pic of it here once. Chater removed it. :laughings:

I've had several switchblades over the years. I love a switchblade. It's classic hooligan. If you see me in person, chances are there's a pig-sticker in one of my pockets.

Crime really is that bad? That's terrible. I've never felt particularly unsafe loading gear into a car at night in places like Leeds and Cardiff. Admittedly never done it in London.

If someone wants to rob you over here then they don't tend to use guns though so you can stand up to people without usually have to worry about getting shot!

Where I live now in Wales is great though, often leave my car on the street with my surfboard in it and have never had a problem. In fact, I am in northern England at the moment and my car is parked on the street with my Washburn in it.

Wal-Mart is definitely where you'll find the lowest common denominator. I even wrote a song about it. Wal-Mart at Midnight. It's a total freakshow.

Yeah, it's the first track on the CD of yours I bought. I like it.

Actually, I posted that link in the wrong thread - we'd mentioned Wal-Mart on another thread. No matter.

Wad-Mart owns Asda in the UK nowadays, which I think is similar in class - you get all the local talent down at Asda.

Crime really is that bad? That's terrible. I've never felt particularly unsafe loading gear into a car at night in places like Leeds and Cardiff. Admittedly never done it in London.

If someone wants to rob you over here then they don't tend to use guns though so you can stand up to people without usually have to worry about getting shot!

Where I live now in Wales is great though, often leave my car on the street with my surfboard in it and have never had a problem. In fact, I am in northern England at the moment and my car is parked on the street with my Washburn in it.

Never had a problem in London except when a bunch of guys tried to mug me at a cash point, they didn't get what they wanted so legged it. They came off worse when a bunch of Asian guys set off and caught them all...

Loaded my van all times of day and night all over London, never had a problem. I once left a guitar case in a car park by mistake and it was handed in to the local police. That was my dumb though. London is like any big city, don't look like easy prey and you wont get rolled...

My neighborhood is fine, but I'm not holed up behind a wall 24/7. Out here in the burbs really isn't much of a problem. I'm probably the nastiest guy in my neighborhood. I'm talking Houston at night. I'm out in Houston all the time. The UK doesn't have the gun culture that the US has. I mean seriously, yall slap each other with white gloves and give each other a stern talking to. The US has about 20 times more murders per year than the UK. It's a wonder any of us are still alive. Houston has double the violent crime rate over our national average. Statistically, while in Houston I have about a 1/100 chance of being robbed. Robbed, not burglarized. Robbed means having my shit taken from me by violent force with the potential of death. Houston has roughly 12 murders per 100,000 people per year. Houston has roughly 6.3 million people. That's a lot of people and a lot of murdering. And these aren't friendly private school well educated white people. These are thugged out ghetto hoodrat blacks, gangbanging wannabe chicanos, and inbred white trash sister fuckers. So yeah, in the city, crime can really be that bad. Like I said, I have about a 1/100 chance of being involved in some sort of violent crime on any given day in Houston. Any bar or club has at least 100 people there. That's statistically all you need for something bad to happen.

Yeah, it's the first track on the CD of yours I bought. I like it.

Actually, I posted that link in the wrong thread - we'd mentioned Wal-Mart on another thread. No matter.

Wad-Mart owns Asda in the UK nowadays, which I think is similar in class - you get all the local talent down at Asda.

My local Katy Wal-Mart isn't that bad. I'm out here in the burbs so it's mostly soccer moms and old people. It doesn't get the gross weirdos that inner city Wal-Marts get. But at night, things change. My local Katy, Tx Wal-Mart seems to attract D&D playing juggalo types. To me, these people are socially scraping pretty close to the bottom of the barrel. They're not dangerous or anything, but they're like part goth, part wigger, full loser. And it's always some super skinny zit-faced white dude with some morbidly obese girl who is not wearing nearly enough clothing for her body type.

Suppose we have some areas that are shit holes but we don't have a shit load of guns thrown into the mix too.

It would be very very difficult to rid the country of guns now.

Impossible. Totally impossible. There are millions of guntards that cling to their 2nd amendment as if it's still the 1700s. The amendment states that the people have the right to keep guns as personal protection to defend against other people, oppression, and to protect the country on the whole as a militia should an invasion occur. Well the personal protection thing is self-explanatory. Oppression is debatable. I've never felt oppressed. Some nutjobs think any government action on anything equates to oppression from the government trying to run our lives. Freedom isn't actually free. Taxes? Laws? Rules about guns? I can't have a full-auto machine gun? Oppression! They're stupid. No one needs a bazooka or a machine gun for personal protection, hunting, or for anything. I don't understand why people want to own AR-15s and AK-47s. They're not hunting rifles, and if you use one to defend your home, the bullet will travel through the intruder, through your wall, out of your house, and into the neighbors house killing one of them too. Those guns are stupid. The police and government don't mind us minions being armed, but I can understand them not wanting us to have military grade weapons. The cops are already outgunned. And then there's invasion. No army is going to storm our beaches and topple our borders. We're isolated by two gigantic oceans east and west, a frozen wasteland to the north, and a wide open desert to the south. No one's catching us by surprise in that way. Our "well armed militia" of flag waving armed private citizens didn't do jack shit against the attacks of 9/11, so good going you 2nd amendment loving morons. It's a dated philosophy that doesn't apply anymore. But it's way too late to do anything about it now, so I guess I better just lock and load.

Anyway, enough of this stupid gun talk. I apologize for even bringing it up. Back to guitars and amps. Weapons of ear destruction.

Any of this stuff worth checking out or buying?

"-OLP John Petrucci, 6 string guitar - £150
Gigged, modded, repaired EXTENSIVELY. Iron Gear pickups. We made it an absolute beast of a guitar, only priced due to condition and mods. Incl. semi-hardcase.
-Ibanez SR305, 5 string bass guitar - £150
Active EQ needs a once-over, other than that 'sall in full working order and good visible condition. Sparkly flake finish, none of that cheapo gloss black nonsense.
-Rocktron Hush IIBX, 1u expander/gate - £125
Pretty straightforward. 1 unit 19" rack... Does what every expander/gate does.
-Line 6 Relay G30 - £75
This is the cheapest iteration of the best wireless system on the market right now. Does the exact same thing as the G60 and G90. Sorry no picture of the bodypack yet, it's around here somewhere...
-Chapman ML7-T, 7 string guitar - £450
You probably already know the story with these guitars. Plays and feels on par with >£1000 7s, only been out of my bedroom once to a studio. Never gigged, well taken care of. Incl. Chapman gigbag
-*NOT PRESTIGE* Ibanez RG7321 modded, 7 string guitar - £250
Top and front face of headstock stripped, burnt, refinished. Really nice 3D texture. DiMarzio D-Sonic and Blaze pickups
-Novation ZeRO SL MkII, control surface - £125
Touch-sensitive encoders, pots, and faders. Drum pads, buttons for days, comes with automap for instant setup with pretty much any DAW and plugins. Basically untouched out of the box."

A guy is selling.

Are these Celestion speakers worth a fuck??? Seems like a decent deal on a Peavey cab, but dunno about the speakers in it....From what I can find out, they've got a little more bass than a T-75, with about the same highs/lows....Any experience with these speakers???

https://tricities.craigslist.org/msg/4928097857.html

I shall ask a man who knows all about such things..Bear with... But! what a clusterf**k of wiring!! Have these people never heard of cable ties? That, is just asking for rattles and buzzes.

Dave.

Back