The New Tone Thread

That's a lot of pain for one ass. I've seen videos of that sort of thing.

Here is a picture of my son in his favourite t-shirt (well, I assume it's his favourite):

Haha, nice. He's got good taste already. :D

Lt Bob....that's some crazy shit dude. I was just wondering yesterday if you'd done anything with that speaker yet. You say the amp has 8 chassis screws, could you just not use that one problem screw? 7 out of 8 aint bad! :D

Also how old is that amp? Maybe it needs from fresh caps and stuff.

nah, 4 chassis screws .... the eight screws were the Ampeg speaker.

The V30 just won't go in there. The chassis of the amp contacts that magnet and neither will budge! hahahahaha

As for the sound ..... the clean is ok but the dirty channel is nasty and it shouldn't be so that makes me wary of using it on a gig. I could get my dirt from pedals but what happens if the clean goes to crap during a gig?
Then I'm having to stop everyone while I change out amps and I lose my 'playing mode'.
I only get to do band gigs a few times a month (everything else is solo) so I just don't feel like having any distractions.

I think maybe it's tubes so I'll try again next week and see ..... I really doubt it needs recapping although anything's possible but it's not one of my old Ampegs .... this one's from the early 90's.
But I used up my 'working on an amp' juice for the week .... ya' know?

I think it's funny as hell ...... I have the Mark V which I like but I get a wild hair to use something different for no real reason and spend an inordinate amount of time until the wee hours of the morning on it.

Dumbass are us!

:laughings:

Thanks Greg,
I just remembered I was re-amping the guitar signal as I recorded it, & it adds a little more hiss, so the pedal straight into the amp ain't hardly that bad....It does sound good for $30 though...

Lovin' the new gear the DSL > 4x12 is stupid loud, but sounds great IMO....Can't decide whether to buy another amp, or start on a different speaker/cab thing...I want a Greenback 4x12, & a V30 4x12....but I also want a JVM, a Plexi....LOL....

Gotta run guys, check back in tomorrow...

Hey guys I'm still alive....lol...

Ordered another pedal, a Danelectro Vibe, been wanting a decent vibe pedal forever now, so fuck it.....
Only about $50 so if it sucks it's not a big loss...it has to be better than the univibe in the POD X3 Live, that thing really sucks....

Still lovin' the new amp too, clarity, low end chunk with enough power to do about anything I'd ever want.....totally blows the DSL-1 &T15 away, there's really no comparison....so much so, that I'm considering selling the little amps.....

Gotta run I'll post some clips & pics when the new pedal arrives....

Oh yeah, got a new phone too, & I can get 'net with wi-fi too....lol....

See you guys...

Hah, I didn't wanna say nuthin, but I suspected the little amps would bite the dust once the big boy showed up. Amps are like hot rod engines - there's no replacement for displacement! :D

Yeah dude I was listening/comparing some tracks yesterday, & there's really no comparison..... I just need to finish up the "album".....lol

Wow guys, life keeps me on my toes anymore.....lol....the woman I'd been seeing is history, just too much shit to deal with, I've got more than enough myself....so I've met another one, this one's a looker, just beautiful....plus she works & makes better $$$ than I do, owns a big 'ol fucking house, & several cars/trucks.....lovin' the single life....lol....maybe I can get this one to buy me a plexi....lol...

Wow guys, life keeps me on my toes anymore.....lol....the woman I'd been seeing is history, just too much shit to deal with, I've got more than enough myself....so I've met another one, this one's a looker, just beautiful....plus she works & makes better $$$ than I do, owns a big 'ol fucking house, & several cars/trucks.....lovin' the single life....lol....maybe I can get this one to buy me a plexi....lol...
man ..... I gotta say, what's your problem that you can't go a day without a girlfriend.
Maybe if you'd take a little time you might get one that lasts instead of just grabbing another one as soon as you can..

Lol damn dude. Yeah, my instinct is to suggest you slow down a little with the bitches.

But what do I know? Nothing. I haven't been single in forever. If something happened between my wife and I, I'd probably just stay single. Or pickup some hot ladyboys.

Oh I can go a day without a girlfriend, I just haven't been out like this in years guys....

And, ill never, ever get married again. ..

And, ill never, ever get married again. ..
with ya' on that one.
If something happened to wifey I'd never get married again.
Hell ..... after I divorced insane wifey #1 I went 12 years before remarrying and and only did because it was obvious we'd be together till we croaked so there were tax advantages to getting married.

'Bout the same here Bob, this is #2 for me, & insurance was a biggie for us.....but again, I'll never do it again.....
Thought the vibe pedal would be here today, but it'll be toward the end of the week....

Gotta go....

So the Danelectro Vibe pedal arrived today & so far I like it. Of course it sounds best to me on a clean sound, bur for fifty bucks it does sound pretty good & adds another sound/flavor to the growing arsenal....

I'll try to post some clips tomorrow....

4 Greg

nnn.jpg
Hey Ho! Lego!
Vaguely amusing.

Attachments

• 10418849_10152245755965814_2019388529928936817_n.jpg
    10418849_10152245755965814_2019388529928936817_n.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 38
Here is another set of 3 sample tones. They were done (in order) on a Marshall DSL40C, a Mesa Boogie Mark V in Crunch mode, and the Mark V in Mark II mode. I used by Les Paul Traditional on them all - bridge pickup. All recorded with an SM57.

Marshall settings:
Gain - 4
Volume - 7
Treble - 4
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence - 3

Mic just outside dustcap, straight on.

Mesa Crunch settings (it doesn't have numbers, so these are approximations):
Gain - 7
Volume - 4.5
Treble - 4
Mid - 6
Bass - 10
Presence - 8

Mic just inside dustcap, straight on.

Mesa Mark II settings:
Gain - 2
Volume - 4.5
Treble -24
Mid - 6
Bass - 10
Presence - 5

Mic just outside dustcap, straight on.

For both Mesa samples, I used the graphic EQ. I generally boosted the lows and highs and pulled back the mids. Comments welcomed.

hmmmm ..... preferred the DSL ...... not sure what 'crunch' mode is ( I have a Mark V ) but this one is thin sounding to me ...... like the 3rd clip but not as much as the DSL.

I agree with Lt Boob. I liked the Marshall first, the Mesa Mark II setting 2nd, and the Mesa "crunch" mode least.

The Marshall and Mark II had some body to them, and it's not surprising that they share the same, probably better, mic placement.

Is that the Green Crunch channel on the DSL?

Back