Oregon Suspends Basic Skills Graduation Requirement in the Name of Equity

1Acre = 4840 square yards
Total acreage of USA = 2.27 Billion
Current world population 7.8 Billion
2.27/7.8 = 0.291 acres or 1613 sq yards (4839 sq ft)
Average area of a "*FAMILY* dwelling" in USA = 2000 sq ft

1 sq mile = 640 acres
Land mass of planet Earth = 57,506,000 sq miles
Land mass of USA = 3,546,875 sq miles (6% of total land)
Planet Earth is 70% water
The total surface area of Earth is about 197 million square miles
The USA = 1.8% of the total surface area of planet Earth

The atmosphere of planet Earth is 300 miles thick

The current global debt is 307 Trillion. Most people can't wrap their heads around such a ridiculous figure...
If you could spend 1 dollar per second, that's 86,400 dollars per day, it would take you 9,734,906 years to spend 307 Trillion. It would take you 1,046,423 years to spend 33 Trillion.

If the entire population of the Earth can comfortably occupy only 1.8% of the planet... then where are all the planet's resources going? If 5% of the population owns 100% of the planet's resources... then how does "supply and demand" factor into our current debt?

The only reason "global capitalists" want you to believe that overpopulation is wasting global resources is because... it boosts their profits. They can inflate their costs.
Meanwhile, they're the ones "trashing" the Earth and "TAXING" the population with the responsibility of cleaning it up. They set the stage for how everyone should live with multibillion dollar advertising and pretty plastic packaging, then blame the consumer for all the trash and poor air quality in our filthy cities... which they own.

It occurs to me that mankind has reached a strange time in its "evolution"..., when the concept of "money" has outgrown the worth of the planet we occupy.

Greed is the root of all evil.

Last edited:
@Serendipity Records - you think Margaret Sanger was a bad entity?

Many leftists don't like her because of the bs narrative that she advocated racial genocide, which isn't correct - she spread the word to various groups that a woman didn't have to exist to be a brood sow, she recognized that procreating in poverty was a great way to stay in poverty and have kids who were deprived. There's also a b.s. rumor that she "worked with the Klan" and was somehow sympathetic to them. There's a 'shopped photo that often accompanies this urban legend. She spoke with a group of rural people who had a high degree of Klan participation but only to deliver her message of birth control, nothing to do with white supremacy. It actually took some stones on her part because she was taken to the meeting place blindfolded and was completely alone. In her later accounts she thought they were a bunch of goobers but she wanted her message to get out to all who would listen.

There's a quote that's typically taken out of context about not wanting to get the word out that they were targeting black people - the correct context is that she didn't want their intention to be misunderstood, they *weren't* promoting any anti-black agenda, they were discouraging having children in poverty. The black ministers she was recruiting wouldn't have cooperated if they thought her motives were racist.

Many liberals sneer at her but can never come up with a strong argument in favor of procreating in poverty.

Christian conservatives sneer at her because of modern day Planned Parenthood and their abortion services. For much of her career she actually was against abortion, she advocated birth control. When she began her efforts merely disseminating information about birth control was illegal.

1699658567829.png

Last edited:
That’s a huge task, as in humongous. There are so many factors Involved. I don’t even know where to begin. But let’s take a tiny sliver.

Music. Early on we had blues, jazz, Dixieland. All pretty wholesome as well as artistic. Blacks were very much involved.

60s gave us Motown, the 4 tops, Aretha Franklin etc.

Then we had Jimi Hendrix who promoted peace and tried in his own way to bridge the racial gap. And I think he did a good job.

And then, hip hop culture started coming in with bitches and Ho’s, materialistic bling and a “I’m gonna get me mine” mentality.

And then we get gangsta rap. Promoting that lifestyle. Promoting ‘ bust a cap in yo ass’

Maybe you can’t blame the artists or maybe you can. But who is promoting this crap. Who’s fueling the machine to put out this decadent violent filth?? Who’s the money behind it?

Does art imitate society or does it create the society? Hard to say, but I think it’s a one hand washes the other kind of thing.

I’ve often said that Martin Luther King jr would probably be rolling over in his grave if he could see what has happened to his people. All the progress that he and his movement made only to devolve into a thug culture.
That’s not meant to be a general all encompassing statement but thug culture does exist.

And if your the victim of a mugging, car jacking, home invasion, or a drive by shooting, you’re not going to be thinking of the poor perpetrator and how this all stems from multigenerational oppression, racism and poverty. No. You want the bastard (s) to be put behind bars or maybe even shot.

I brought up the music, because it shapes society. Many may not agree, but it does shape the way people think, and I believe it’s a part of why the current culture is the way it is.
I think that your take on how relevant current day music is correct in the sense that "gangsta music" has had a bad profound affect on society.

Nevermind what what?

I changed my mind about saying anything because I’ve grown tired of this thread. It wasn’t really directed at you anyway. 🙂
If not to me, to whom was it directed?
I was responding to Injun Hunter.....not you.

I changed my mind about saying anything because I’ve grown tired of this thread.
But you're still here posting in a thread you've grown tired of, right?
It's right up there with my retiring and unretiring from HR, but the truth is, we are all moths still attracted to a familiar flame.
Overall, it's all good. Differences of opinions and all.
Carry on.

@Serendipity Records - you think Margaret Sanger was a bad entity?

Many leftists don't like her because of the bs narrative that she advocated racial genocide, which isn't correct - she spread the word to various groups that a woman didn't have to exist to be a brood sow, she recognized that procreating in poverty was a great way to stay in poverty and have kids who were deprived. There's also a b.s. rumor that she "worked with the Klan" and was somehow sympathetic to them. There's a 'shopped photo that often accompanies this urban legend. She spoke with a group of rural people who had a high degree of Klan participation but only to deliver her message of birth control, nothing to do with white supremacy. It actually took some stones on her part because she was taken to the meeting place blindfolded and was completely alone. In her later accounts she thought they were a bunch of goobers but she wanted her message to get out to all who would listen.

There's a quote that's typically taken out of context about not wanting to get the word out that they were targeting black people - the correct context is that she didn't want their intention to be misunderstood, they *weren't* promoting any anti-black agenda, they were discouraging having children in poverty. The black ministers she was recruiting wouldn't have cooperated if they thought her motives were racist.

Many liberals sneer at her but can never come up with a strong argument in favor of procreating in poverty.

Christian conservatives sneer at her because of modern day Planned Parenthood and their abortion services. For much of her career she actually was against abortion, she advocated birth control. When she began her efforts merely disseminating information about birth control was illegal.

View attachment 134411
I don't care about whether she was racist or not.
It simply isn't "the right message to reduce poverty". Being poor is not an excuse for denying someone their life. I know, I know, the same ole "not being able to afford a quality life for the kids" argument -- now that's bs. Y'all wanna talk about equality of opportunity? It starts with the basic right to life bruh.
The whole thing is one helluva corrupt mess. The former president of Planned Parenthood currently works for CNN -- I can't imagine the leftist news would be actively pushing for more practical health schemes now, would they...

Just like higher crime rates among blacks, I’m not disputing that. I never did. I’m saying that if you oppress a group of people for generations, it will have some consequences. The behaviors stem from a culture formed by lack of education, opportunity and forced poverty. I don’t know how many ways I can say it. If you want things to change, we need to address those factors. It seems like you don’t believe that. You seem to want to point to those behaviors to justify saying black people bad.

Forced poverty? Well that's an interesting take.

Has it ever occured to you that much of what you've said there is kind of a little bit cultural stereotyping, and racist?

Forced poverty? Well that's an interesting take.

Has it ever occured to you that much of what you've said there is kind of a little bit cultural stereotyping, and racist?
Example?

I’m going by readily available statistics. Black families have 1/10th of the wealth of white famines on average. A black person is 3x more likely to live below the poverty line. Many of the things BP has been saying, except we disagree on why. I say it was put on them through discrimination, he implies they are inferior (at least doesn’t deny it when I accuse him). But you say I’m being racist. Explain.

Edit for spelling

Last edited:
You are honestly comparing a pre-pandemic economy to a post-pandemic economy, and you believe the difference is the president? Look around the world. EVERY country experienced similar effects, but you’re blaming democrats? Surely you can see the issue there.

I said kids today have it harder than my generation did, mainly because of housing costs. That is provable. Average house right now averages 7x average income. In the 80’s it was about 4x. Housing, and therefore rents as well (which are usually the largest of someone’s expenses), take nearly twice the amount out of someone’s income that it used to when I was first starting out. So what I said is true. College costs have also FAR outpaced regular inflation, so if mom and dad aren’t paying for it, guess what?
Did you not see OBAMA in my post? Was he post pandemic? That's your problem with all your posts. From personal experience, and I voted for this asshole twice. AFFORDABLE healthcare for all! Unless you're poor and white. Then you can fuck yourself. I made thousands under the minimum, and was still refused Obamacare. When I wrote the White House email, I was sent a form letter saying "This healthcare is only for those who need it, it's not for everyone." There was a line somewhere about minorities taking priority. I guess FOR ALL doesn't imply ALL. My wife had fine insurance for almost 30 years at the same company. Once Obamacare hit, the premiums skyrocketed to the point that the company had to give up that provider. They paid double for half the services. So please excuse me for actually pointing to what the problem is. DEMOCRATS. But, hell you deny Israel has the right to exist. When you say Britian didn't have the right to give Jews the land, that's what you're saying. So, it kind of puts your "it is because I say it is" attitude in perspective. You probably think the homeless tent cities, shit ridden streets, boarded up stores because stealing is legal are all good things. Good honest change, that only makes this country stronger. Defunding the police doesn't help criminals or allow the crime rate to rise. I thoroughly enjoy it all. It's the one thing about electing democrats. Things get worse, people complain, and then repeat. I do laugh. When some kid is shot in it's stroller. I feel awful for the child. But, the parent probably voted to defund the police. They asked for it, they got it. Good for them.

There's a reason LA/NYC/Chicago/San Francisco are all hell holes, they're all run by Democrats. It's hilarious how they're all sanctuary cities and now bitching and moaning about illegals being bused to them. They're hypocrites. But, they are democrats. It's the rotten Republicans bussing these people to them. In NYC the mayor is asking people to take these illegals into their apartments. They're being put up in hotels (nice hotels). All on the taxpayer dollar. FUCK the actual NYers (overwhelming minority) who are actual citizens. You can go fuck yourself. We're not helping you. We have to take care of these people whose first thing to do in the US was break the law by entering unlawfully. That's fucking FUNNY.

Houses when my parents bought them were still expensive. They paid $21,000 in 1971 and when my mother died in 1994 there was still thousands left on it. If I didn't buy our first house in 1999 and still had our apartment, we'd never have been able to afford a house. Life isn't fair. Even when you work hard, shit happens. Most of it can be aimed directly at the people we put in charge. So, yeah, if fucking and abortion is your #1 priority and you can't afford food, then fucking starve to death. That's their priority. You brought it on yourself. You asked for it. You got it. Good for you. Complain if you want. But, you're your own problem

I took one drafting course in 1977 and got an A. I just didn't enjoy it. Since I couldn't afford college, I ended up working regular jobs. I have no regrets. Some people have it harder than others. What are kids going to college for now anyway? So, they can try to figure out what gender they are? What are they going to do once they graduate? Where are the jobs? Everyone lives on their phones which are made in China. My friends who are in the tech industry, basically taught themselves. They were so computer savvy back in the 80s, they all have great positions in their industries. I'm glad I'm not a kid in this world. Hell, where's the new music or movies worth listening or watching? Only part of this is old man syndrome.

Did you not see OBAMA in my post? Was he post pandemic? That's your problem with all your posts. From personal experience, and I voted for this asshole twice. AFFORDABLE healthcare for all! Unless you're poor and white. Then you can fuck yourself. I made thousands under the minimum, and was still refused Obamacare. When I wrote the White House email, I was sent a form letter saying "This healthcare is only for those who need it, it's not for everyone." There was a line somewhere about minorities taking priority. I guess FOR ALL doesn't imply ALL. My wife had fine insurance for almost 30 years at the same company. Once Obamacare hit, the premiums skyrocketed to the point that the company had to give up that provider. They paid double for half the services. So please excuse me for actually pointing to what the problem is. DEMOCRATS. But, hell you deny Israel has the right to exist. When you say Britian didn't have the right to give Jews the land, that's what you're saying. So, it kind of puts your "it is because I say it is" attitude in perspective. You probably think the homeless tent cities, shit ridden streets, boarded up stores because stealing is legal are all good things. Good honest change, that only makes this country stronger. Defunding the police doesn't help criminals or allow the crime rate to rise. I thoroughly enjoy it all. It's the one thing about electing democrats. Things get worse, people complain, and then repeat. I do laugh. When some kid is shot in it's stroller. I feel awful for the child. But, the parent probably voted to defund the police. They asked for it, they got it. Good for them.

There's a reason LA/NYC/Chicago/San Francisco are all hell holes, they're all run by Democrats. It's hilarious how they're all sanctuary cities and now bitching and moaning about illegals being bused to them. They're hypocrites. But, they are democrats. It's the rotten Republicans bussing these people to them. In NYC the mayor is asking people to take these illegals into their apartments. They're being put up in hotels (nice hotels). All on the taxpayer dollar. FUCK the actual NYers (overwhelming minority) who are actual citizens. You can go fuck yourself. We're not helping you. We have to take care of these people whose first thing to do in the US was break the law by entering unlawfully. That's fucking FUNNY.

Houses when my parents bought them were still expensive. They paid $21,000 in 1971 and when my mother died in 1994 there was still thousands left on it. If I didn't buy our first house in 1999 and still had our apartment, we'd never have been able to afford a house. Life isn't fair. Even when you work hard, shit happens. Most of it can be aimed directly at the people we put in charge. So, yeah, if fucking and abortion is your #1 priority and you can't afford food, then fucking starve to death. That's their priority. You brought it on yourself. You asked for it. You got it. Good for you. Complain if you want. But, you're your own problem

I took one drafting course in 1977 and got an A. I just didn't enjoy it. Since I couldn't afford college, I ended up working regular jobs. I have no regrets. Some people have it harder than others. What are kids going to college for now anyway? So, they can try to figure out what gender they are? What are they going to do once they graduate? Where are the jobs? Everyone lives on their phones which are made in China. My friends who are in the tech industry, basically taught themselves. They were so computer savvy back in the 80s, they all have great positions in their industries. I'm glad I'm not a kid in this world. Hell, where's the new music or movies worth listening or watching? Only part of this is old man syndrome.
Lol... I bet that felt good! :D

Did you not see OBAMA in my post? Was he post pandemic?
Ok, but you still absolutely compared your pre covid life to your post covid, and said it was better under trump, so your point here is silly. There’s no question you were trying to compare Trump to Biden economies while ignoring the pandemic. You mischaracterize a lot of what I say. I didn’t deny Israel’s right to exist, for example.

Not chasing down your angry rant. You want to be angry, go ahead. I’ve got reasons to be angry too.

Back