Olympics Thread

Lol. No, Rio has a murder problem?

Rio (and Sau Paulo too actually) have crazy high rates for violent crime, its one of the reasons that security at this game has been such a massive issue. Actually, if you want a good film to watch about criminal gangs in Rio, get yourself a copy of City Of God. Its old now, but its a great film.

EDIT, I just had a quick check, Brasil on the whole has a high murder rate and Rio state has a higher murder rate than the country as a whole - as you'd expect being a huge city.
The USA isn't exactly great either - you guys love killing eachother!

Last edited:
Rio (and Sau Paulo too actually) have crazy high rates for violent crime,
Lol. I knew that already. I thought you brits had mastered sarcasm. :D

He was bullshitting wasn't he?
I have no idea. I think he was up to some shady shit and had to come up with a believable story to cover his tracks. Crime in Rio is believable, but they didn't get their details lined up.

Lol. I knew that already. I thought you brits had mastered sarcasm. :D

I have no idea. I think he was up to some shady shit and had to come up with a believable story to cover his tracks. Crime in Rio is believable, but they didn't get their details lined up.

We're past that, mate. We're onto irony and satire.

Yeah, its very odd. Seems like he just made it up. Some UK athletes did get robbed this week though.

Goddamn Usain Bolt. Dude looks like he's jogging as he totally runs away from the other fastest men in the world.

The race was about half an hour ago and the fucker's still on my screen, and the commentator is still gushing. And we're onto the third replay. Serious overkill. Is there nothing else going on anywhere?

Bet he couldn't catch the kid that snatched the purse in the thief video. Brazil is looking in the wrong place for their track stars.

Alan.

Back