New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey there. My name is Billy and I'm pretty new to the home recording situation. I recorded a demo for my metal band Liege in haste then went back, bought a desktop and learned a bit more about what could be done to make the mix sound better. I hope I can learn a bit more by coming here. Right now I'm mostly struggling with cleaning up the mix.

Hey, My name is Randi. here to learn and share.
34 year old female singer songwriter. Armed with a guitar and h1 zoom recorder. No DAW yet. Very old pc with no sound card/device so what is the point?

Any feed back is welcome. All my music can be found on soundcloud or type ggc-johnson in any search engine.

thank you for your time.

Hello people. I am so glad that I found this community. I am not new to home recording, but I have been out of the loop for a few years. I am starting to rebuild my studio and am hoping to be able o be able to learn and share here.

Saying hi to all...

Hi guys...I'm Watawaka
I like creating...especially music.
When younger, I used to record stuff on my computer, but not cared enough about the quality.
Couple months ago, I grab some basic gear to get back in the music recording world…enjoyed it since.

Welcome to the forum you guys (and gal).
Looking forward to seeing you all around.

SF

Hi Folks,

I am brand new to home recording but have been a guitar player for 32 years. Just decided to give it a try for a few of my own ideas and to get my 15 year old son started down
a solid path. We have no delusions of grandeur just having fun and seeing were it goes. Reading the threads has already been so helpful !!!!! I am running Windows 7, Fast track Ultra
with Abelton 8 and Guitar Rig 4 and a pair of KRK5's. With the help of the threads and links we actually got it all connected and working and tonight I actually recorded a few bars
and a overdub................Yeppeee!! I am very sure that there will be a ton of stupid questions to come so please be patient. LOL

Wingnut

Just to show I have a lot of reading to do, I've already posted in the wrong place! :p
Just saying hi (again). Nice to be here!

Hello, Solomon here. Would like to get to the point where when I get an idea for a song I can actually go and record it! Much, much to learn.

Thanks for making this place possible.

Hello, Solomon here. Would like to get to the point where when I get an idea for a song I can actually go and record it! Much, much to learn.

Thanks for making this place possible.

I know exactly what you mean! There are some pretty incredible musicians and songwriters here at HR! You should be inspired very soon! Good luck!

Hello I am Bhaskar.. Have been playing guitar/ drums/ Keyboard/ Harmonica for 10 odd years.
I am a computer programmer by profession.

Current goal: I want to set up a small computer based audio recording studio at my home.

Looking forward to interact with other experienced people out here...

Hey, everyone, my name is Tim. I came here mostly to find out about issues with the Alesis iODock and iPad2, so I'll be heading off to the Alesis forum I guess. :-)

I am a long-time (40+ years) acoustic guitarist and folk singer, and what I'm looking for is quick, easy, and portable multi-track recording capablility to use for band projects and song writing. That's what I'm hoping to find with iODock and iPad, but from what I hear that's not all a bed of roses. Thanks for having this excellent forum so folks like me can get informed before wasting hard-earned $$.

Haven't been able to put up a post ANYWHERE here.

What's the deal?

Oh, I'm John Lewis Grant, classical piano guy, trying to figure out the mystery of recording a classical piano sound!!!

Cheers

Hello all -

I'm just starting into the recording side of music, and so far, I am in love! I guess I've gotten hooked into the tangle of recording gear as well. But I also had a question: even though it's really only been a few months for me, I think I'm ready to make the next jump. I've recorded many songs and I've been satisfied with much of my work. That being said, I realize I need to upgrade if I really want to record better. So I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of where to go next. I have an audio interface - a pretty small one, the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. I don't need anything bigger than that for now because I'm not into recording drums yet. I also have a Rode NT1-A (large condenser mic), which I love, and I run Ableton Live Lite 8 (which came with the scarlett) and M-Audio Bx5a Deluxe monitors. I don't think I need to upgrade those yet. However, I was wondering if I should upgrade my software, and also if I should buy a keyboard. And if so, which first? I don't have deep pockets, and so I think I need to conquer one hill at a time.

Thanks for ay suggestions!

Software as in DAW? Take a look at Reaper down load the full version LQQK HERE for free. It's unlimited trial but after about a month you'll get a nag screen BUT once you know if you like it or not it will cost you $40.

Is the Rode your only microphone?

Last edited:
Hello all. I'm new here and trying to get my 10 posts up so that I can get some feedback on my mastering! Haha.

I'm new to home recording. I have bought a SonicCell with two SRX expansion boards (5 and 10) and Sonar X1 Producer. I've not explored much of Sonar X1 yet and I'm using the SonicCell for pretty much everything except the sequencing. That will probably change once I get to know Sonar and the effects that came with it better.

Daniel.

Hello Forum / Homerecording.com / Distinguished guests / Ladies and Gentlemen,

New here as well (a few weeks ago). I play mostly folk(ish) stuff in a duo. (2x guitar, 2x vocals). We write a large portion of what we play. Been trying recording for a while but decided to "get serious" about it and ask some questions, buy some gear and hopefully be able to help out some others on the way as well!

I'm a gear-a-holic (guitars and live PA stuff until now) and I see one can spend a fortune on recording equipment, so I think informing myself is prudent at this juncture.

So far the site has been fantastic with excellent feedback. Perhaps someone can let me in on the motivation behind these experts answering all these queries so promptly and so well? Is it professional interest? Human sympathy? General willingness to be helpful? or do you guys have a commercial interest?

Thanks!

Software as in DAW? Take a look at Reaper down load the full version for free. It's unlimited trial but after about a month you'll get a nag screen BUT once you know if you like it or not it will cost you $40.

Is the Rode your only microphone?

Thanks for responding!
Yes, that's my only microphone right now. Should I collect another few before I start upgrading other items?

And thanks for the information about Reaper, I think I'll give it a go :)
Tom

What's up everybody? I literally just signed up and decided this would be a good place to post. I've been recording and releasing my own music since 2005 and have been involved in a number of projects with other people, as well.

In the past 7 years I have recorded and released over 70 albums/EPs by myself ranging from dark ambient, to black metal, to noise, to experimental electronic and everything in between. I started from nothing and learned from the ground up, including how I play the instruments. Due to this, I do not normally play in any classically trained style, but I practice and play and mess around with stuff until I can do what I want to do - and just keep an eye on getting better with everything. I've gone through a lot of entry level and cheap equipment, and still like to adhere to these items as they do what I need them to do - so I see no reason to get better stuff. The only time I do buy new equipment is if I feel I need a new piece to do something different.

All that being said, I run my own record label called Audio Defect that I release all of my own music on, and I've recently been working with ComaRecordZ to release music by my experimental industrial project 00x and releases of my band, Futant.

I have just recently started networking with other musicians for collaborations and sharing music and opinions. Though I have a completely amateur and home-grown approach to recording, I think I may have something to serve to the community. Thanks, look forward to hanging around here. :)

Back