New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

hello everybody... i love writing and recording music so i figured why not join this forum and become part of this militia of multitracking fiends...

Hi all, I just recently started visiting this forum again after registering a while ago and forgetting I had even done so and then finding it again and realising that my standard login worked and that I must have been registered all along ...

I started recording my songs ages ago straight into my computer's crap soundcard and then into ACID 4.0, but then my computer crashed so I didn't do anything with it for ages. BUT ... Now I've got a Presonus Audiobox 22VSL with Studio One Artist and a Behringer C3 mic! Not the most amazing setup for most of you I suppose, but I look forward to pushing it to its limits as I am not going to be able to afford anything else for a long, long, time. And even if I could afford to adjust my setup it would have to go through my girlfriend first! I look forward to getting all of your advice on how to get everything I can out of my very basic arrangement ...

Nate

Hi all, I just recently started visiting this forum again after registering a while ago and forgetting I had even done so and then finding it again and realising that my standard login worked and that I must have been registered all along ...

I started recording my songs ages ago straight into my computer's crap soundcard and then into ACID 4.0, but then my computer crashed so I didn't do anything with it for ages. BUT ... Now I've got a Presonus Audiobox 22VSL with Studio One Artist and a Behringer C3 mic! Not the most amazing setup for most of you I suppose, but I look forward to pushing it to its limits as I am not going to be able to afford anything else for a long, long, time. And even if I could afford to adjust my setup it would have to go through my girlfriend first! I look forward to getting all of your advice on how to get everything I can out of my very basic arrangement ...

Nate

Sounds like you have enough to make some quite viable recordings. You may need to work the girlfriend a bit soon, as you will realize the limitations you have with the mic......

Woo her with some love songs dedicated to her. Then move in for upgrades! :)

Hello my name is Daytona, I'm currently in the process of converting my car garage into a recording studio. The garage is 21ft x 12 I have a budget of $8000 including building materials and studio equipment. I mainly do vocal recording (hip hop & R&B etc.) but I would eventually take on clients that are in bands. The only equipment that I have so far is; Yamaha HS80, Audio Technica AT2020, 2 XLR cables, Mic stand, pop screen, Korg Nano Series (NanoKey, NanoKontrol, NanoPad), PreSonus AudioBox USB interfeace, MacBook (2.26 GHz,core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM) Reason 5, Logic Express 9, Pro Tools 8 HD. Equipment I'm interesting in purchasing; Mac Pro Quad, PreSonus 16.4.2, 16 Channel XLR Snake, Acoustic Sound patten, Rubber flooring. I need feedback please!

Hello all, Just getting back into recording after many years. Last time I did any was with a cassette 4-track, so I'm a newbie to this board and to digital recording. Please bear with me if I have a bunch of questions.

Hey guys!

I am Simone, I'm from Italy but I actually live in Zürich, Switzerland. I am mainly a guitar player, mostly metal (but I also play a little acoustic guitar), been playing for 17 years. I have done some home-recording in the past, but never anything particular ambitious. Now I am (hopefully) about to start a more serious project and I decided to register so to figure out, through the help of more knowledgeable fellows ;-), how to get the best out of it (or worse case, trying to answer a lot of little question left unanswered through the years).
Now, off to asking the questions :D

Hey, new to the forum, been making music for a number of years after doing a production course 2 years back, I am no working on a music business course but still want to keep in touch with my production roots!

Know the basics of both Logic and Protools, I have got by over the years but want to get in-depth with both programs this year.

Thanks!

Hello - my name is Jesse and I am fixing to build my first home recording studio. I was blessed with the ability to play in a band with a guitar who ran a professional studio from 2003-2007, but since 2007 I have not had the capabilities to record and after inheriting a vintage Strat and some old equipment (along with a move to Colorado) I am ready to fire it back up at the young age of 30. I will be asking a lot of questions, probably some of them very basic/stupid, so I apologize in advance, and thank you in advance! (If anyone is local to the Colorado Springs area, I would LOVE to come bring you a six pack of your beer choice (so long as it's budweiser or Corona) and take a look at your space!)

Hello - my name is Jesse and I am fixing to build my first home recording studio. I was blessed with the ability to play in a band with a guitar who ran a professional studio from 2003-2007, but since 2007 I have not had the capabilities to record and after inheriting a vintage Strat and some old equipment (along with a move to Colorado) I am ready to fire it back up at the young age of 30. I will be asking a lot of questions, probably some of them very basic/stupid, so I apologize in advance, and thank you in advance! (If anyone is local to the Colorado Springs area, I would LOVE to come bring you a six pack of your beer choice (so long as it's budweiser or Corona) and take a look at your space!)

If you get up to Denver sometime, you are welcome to stop by. Actually the northwest side of Denver.

Welcome to the forum Jesse!

:D

Jimmy

Hey guys,

My names Dave, I'm currently studying "Sound and Music Recording" at Recording Arts Canada in Toronto.

I've been a musician for 10+ years, and in the last 3 - 4 years have started looking at the things from the other side of the glass.

I'm hoping to open my own studio, and in the meantime have started amassing gear and set up a basic home studio. At home I use Logic Studio, but in school I am learning Pro-Tools so I'm getting it from both sides.

Welcome Dave! A Destroyer, was my favorite guitar when I was younger. lol! True tho..

There are many here that will give great advice, to help to not 'destroy' your mixes. ;D

OK, hazing is over now. I kid man. The forum is full of us types. Most are nicer than me. :)

Hope to hear from you again man. :D

I just realized that I missed welcoming some of you new members. I really gotta quit my day job....

Welcome to all of you new members. You will find a wealth of info here.

Jimmy says 'hello'. He also talks about himself in third person. He is the Jimmy. LMAO!

Pain killers are making me stupid tonight. Ignore the Jimmy. :)

Hello Peoples. I'm very new to recording, and pretty new to playing in general. Due to not being able to play out as much as I'd like, and not being able to make as much noise as I'd like to in the common areas of the house, I've decided to build a studio in the basement. This will not be too fancy of a recording studio, just a space for me to play and record without having to drive anywhere, and without having to be quiet. I have not started yet, and I will be asking a lot of questions regarding the room build itself, as well as gear related questions. I'm a guitarist and have a pretty simple setup, but currently it is rife with noise issues. I'm hoping to alleviate them as I migrate to the new room. Anyway, this seems to be a good lively forum, so I have faith you guys can bail me out.

Hello Peoples. I'm very new to recording, and pretty new to playing in general. Due to not being able to play out as much as I'd like, and not being able to make as much noise as I'd like to in the common areas of the house, I've decided to build a studio in the basement. This will not be too fancy of a recording studio, just a space for me to play and record without having to drive anywhere, and without having to be quiet. I have not started yet, and I will be asking a lot of questions regarding the room build itself, as well as gear related questions. I'm a guitarist and have a pretty simple setup, but currently it is rife with noise issues. I'm hoping to alleviate them as I migrate to the new room. Anyway, this seems to be a good lively forum, so I have faith you guys can bail me out.

:facepalm: The last thing we need here is another guitarist... Just kidding man, welcome to HR! :D
Yeah, we can (sometimes) be a helpful bunch here. Just watch out for jimmy when he's on his meds.
Cool to have you around!
By the way, the search bar works pretty well here if you need to find something specific. ;)

:facepalm: The last thing we need here is another guitarist... ;)

I know, right? Seems you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a guitar player (edit: I like cats and have a live one myself). I might pick up bass at some point since I'm just a rhythmer anyway.

Back