New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi! I'm a regular guys who just registered at this forum. I passed by after surfing on the internet about how to build a home studio, and it seems this forum matches me perfect. It's going to be great.

Have a nice day
- Reknes

Your going to have to learn the gang sign!

Here learn it.

:cool:
☼♫♫♪♫♪♪♪☼

Hi all~ I'm a complete newbie at this >< Just play a bit of everything and thinking I should get some recording equipment starting with the Line6 POD Studio UX2. I don't even have mics or even amps so it seems I have quite a lot of stuff to buy... Cheers from Singapore :)

haha, excellent moresound :cool:
by the way; I've been looking for a place where I could find "up-to-date" books about building a home recording studio for newbies. Do you know where I could find something like that?
You know, I'm going to build a double garage, and wonder if I could build a small homestudio in the second floor. Just dreaming about the possibilities.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone! I am not a recording guru at all! I am totally new to this, but I've given up the band crap and decided to build a really good studio in my home and focus my music energy on that from now on. I'm willing to spend some money so it's not some cheap garage band mentality setup! I've got a separate control room, music room, and a vocal booth that I am going to make out of a big walk in closet. I've been at this for over 30 years, and I play guitar, bass, drums, and can sing either rock or country in those voice styles. I'm very excited to have found this forum, and I'm going to ask you guys so many dumb questions and use this resource for everything it's worth so I can one day live up to my username! lol

Hello! I am John Truman, I teach at Recording Workshop RECW in Chillicothe OH. I have been here for over 16 yrs.(2012), I have a passion for all things audio. Live Sound, Recording... etc. Hope to hear from many people!

Hi everyone!

I've been a lurker for ages....and, as I've just bought a Tascam Neo, I thought it was time to register and say hello.

Thanks to everyone for all the interesting info I've already read. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers

Gdub

hi, My name is matt, i run a website calle lookatmyidea . com and i am looking for someone to make me some theme music so i can use it on my videos.!! wooooo haaaa

Hello hello! I'm Charlotte and I'm new to just about everything. Well, not really but it sounds funny.

I just got an Avid mic with Pro Tools SE and can't get it to work - the tutorials don't open and I'm having a slight issue with figuring out where I start. I want to put some basic sounds in so I can record vocals, but before I record the basic sounds I need to know what I do. Do I plug in my keyboard? Do I find it in the software? And how do I open these tutorials?

Thanks.

Welcome Charlotte - great user name wish I had thought of it. ;) I 'll send Paul (user name Steenamaroo) over to help you, he the pro tools guy here.

Hey everyone, new to posting on forums but have been writing and recording a long time. I'm starting to embrace technology a little more but still use tubes and tapes as much as ever.

Hello all. Johnnyjams here...An Old Rocker here...Been using Cool Edit for years,now using Adobe Audition...There's a lot of good information on this site...

Hello to everyone from the UK.
I've messed about with home recording for years, starting on a Tascam 4-track portastudio back in the 80s!
My various attempts with PCs have never proved too successful and over the years I've used a very early incarnation of Cakewalk (the one with the black dots in the bars!), Cubase (never worked properly on my PC) and Tracktion (seemed great but eventually started crashing all the time).
I've just got a new PC (i7 with 8gb of memory) and having finally settled on Reaper, I'm finally able to use stuff like Jamstix and some free VST keyboards I've downloaded. It's very exciting to actually be able to play and record stuff without performance problems! I'm still waiting on my new interface (NI Komplete Audio 6) as they're back-ordered everywhere over here.
Anyway, sorry for the blather. This seems like a great resource and I'm looking forward to learning lots.
Cheers, Brendan

Hello music production community,

In the last week I have been researching, finding answers to my questions, and just playing around with music production. I honestly don't know the first thing about it, but enjoy good, music, and more importantly great ideas, and lyrics.

Long story short, I love to write, and my new thing is rap lyrics, but I would like to produce some music, even if its just for my own enjoyment.

Hi All

Just joined today for fun, but you never know what tid bits you might pick up! Is there a place to post a link for fellow members to critique? Go ahead and flame me, there probably is a rule about it that I didn't find yet....

Sorry all, this didn't go into the "Introduce Yourself" thread like I wanted. Yup, I don't usually do forums and I messed up. I tried to delete, but didn't see the delete choice under edit, so I guess a moderator can move it (I hope).

Sorry all, this didn't go into the "Introduce Yourself" thread like I wanted. Yup, I don't usually do forums and I messed up. I tried to delete, but didn't see the delete choice under edit, so I guess a moderator can move it* (I hope).

*si

Welcome aboard hiker

haha, excellent moresound :cool:
by the way; I've been looking for a place where I could find "up-to-date" books about building a home recording studio for newbies. Do you know where I could find something like that?
You know, I'm going to build a double garage, and wonder if I could build a small homestudio in the second floor. Just dreaming about the possibilities.

Hey Reknes - sorry I missed this question

Probably better than any book you can get is to read the threads here at HR under *Studio Building & Display* a world questions and answers with the advanced search button as your friend.

☼♫♫♪♫♪♪♪☼

Back