Greatest Singer of All Time?

I gotta say Ryan Adams is up there for me. Capable of incredible delicacy (listen to the Live in Sweden bootleg) and can also bawl it out with the best of them.

Tom McRae is also an excellent singer. Head and shoulders above most other british singers...

PJ Harvey, anyone?

It's important to distinguish between great voices and great singers.

Robert Plant
Lennon, McCartney
Freddie Mercury
Chris Cornell
Bono
Jeff Buckley
Axl Rose (pre - 1994)

vocalist only:

Whitney Houston - (pre- Bobby Brown and weed)
Celine Dion - (zee greatest zinger een all dee world)
Pavoratti

Wow!!!

Some of my favorite singers haven't made the list.....until now!

Robin Zander-Cheap Trick. This guy can sing anything!!! He's my all time favorite!!!!!!!!!!!

Bon Scott-AC/DC. This guy was great. Very distinctive voice and he had the Biggest balls of them all!!!

Brian Johnson-AC/DC. He's got so much power and like Scott, One of the most distinctive voices of all time. His vocal on "You Shook Me All Night Long" is the best. For those about to rock, Fire! We salute you!!

Sammy Hagar. This guy is made of cast iron!! Can you belive he's 59? His voice sounds just as good as it always has. Sammy's awesome.

Bruce Dickinson- Iron Maiden. Great range and delivery.

Pat Benatar. This chick can sing! Her voice is so powerfull and she's got an awesome range...and she still looks good!

Geddy Lee-Rush. I know, you all probably hate his voice but I love it! Nobody sounds like him and not alot of people can cover Rush songs because they don't have the range that Geddy has. Geddy's voice in my opinion is one of the greatest rock voices.

Huey Lewis. Very distinctive. Great feeling.

Jennifer Berry-Half Way Home. You've just gotta hear her.

Wow, there have been so many great voices out there through the years, technically great ones, soulful ones, beautiful ones, etc. Some of m favorites have been John Denver, Jim Croce, James Taylor, Gordon Lightfoot, David Gates.

I agree with Plant and Freddy Mercury (listen to "dont stop me now"), but what about Roger Daltrey!! He is the quintessential rock singing voice. And i love how entwhistle and townshend compliments with their unique singing too...great stuff

Back