Barbara Streisand
Ronnie James Dio
Ella Fitzgerald
Freddie Mercury

(If Ella married Darth Vader, would she become:

.... wait for it....

Elavator? ) :D

Last edited:
Axl Rose, sometimes his voice is irritating on certain tracks and he is a complete asshole, but his voice is so unique that I have to mention him. Not just the way he sings, his lyrics are phenominal. Just my opinion...

These choices dont represent my current taste in music, but they have stuck with me as I grew up.

Layne Staylie (sp?) Best grunge voice ever
Butt rock- Id have to go with Bon Jovi, and Vince neil.

My all time favorite voice- bono. Ive had Joshua Tree since the day it came out, and all these years it will still make me stop in awe at certain times while the hair stands up on my arms.....oh yeah.... and bono and I are just feelin' it.

while im here, just for the record, I can not stand that chick from Evenesence. She needs to quit singing about Herself. there are certain groups that gel in a way that bring you into their songs. It just draws you in. I cant get into her or her writing. All I can think about is, "shut up chick, Who wants to hear about you and your problems". Shes not worthy. If she says , "myself" in one more song.... :mad:

sorry, it may just be me.....

D

I don't know about being the "best" but Janice Joplin has a special place in my heart.

I would have to also include into my favorites list; Freddy Mercury, Tom Jones, Aretha Franklin, Axle Rose, Nora Jones (just plain nice to listen to)...there are others but I'm not going to think about it too hard right now.

sjl

nickjc said:
ok, so now this is the singer's forum, who's your favourite singer of all time?

couple of my favs, in no particular order:

Jeff Buckley - the man!!!!!!
Bono
Ryan Adams
Little Richard
John Lennon
The guy with the deep voice from Jurassic 5 - although I guess he's an MC, whatever.

Nice! Jeff Buckley and Ryan Adams are two of my favorites. Also Thom Yorke. Another on my short list is Pete Yorn.

Really, I've never heard anyone sing like Jeff Buckley though...that's why he wins.

KEVIN1600 said:
mick jagger,rod stewart,chris robinson..CELION DION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celine Dion is very talented and has a well trained voice but for some reason her "tone" irritates me. Not as bad as Anne Murray tho :eek: ;) .

Back