DAW Users With ADD

dachay2tnr said:
only to find that there is no reservation for the room you booked over three months ago
BTW, one of the funniest moments in sitcom history is when Jerry Seinfeld is trying to pick up a car at the car rental agency, and there are no cars available. He tells them, but isn't that why you make a reservation? To hold the car. Isn't that what a reservation is?

The rental clerk snottily says, "I know what a reservation is."

Seinfeld says, apparently you don't. Otherwise I would have a car. You seem to know how to take the reservation, but you don't know how to hold the reservation.

dachay2tnr said:
Of course, when you are worn out from getting up at 4:30 AM to catch an early morning flight, and have traveled all day to get to your destination, eaten just an airplane sandwich consisting of a single slice of turkey on a dry roll and a bag of carrots, only to find that there is no reservation for the room you booked over three months ago, don't you HAVE to beat up on someone??

Unfortunately, the poor check in clerk is the only target in range. :)

Happy Friday All.
True, but I am not talking about genuine screw-ups like that, its the pompous pratts who come out with "don't you know who I am, you half baked f***wit?" :eek:

The worst I ever witnessed was in first class in the US when a guy wanted to move to another seat by a window and the stewardess wouldn't let him because someone else had booked it. He was livid - called the stewardess all the names under the sun. Told them he would never fly with them again :confused: Well, there's a relief :)

IEEE had an in-house travel dept. The woman who ran it told me she once got a 6:30 AM call on her cell phone from the IEEE President (a volunteer position that rotates each year). Apparently he got to the airport late and the plane had already pulled away from the gate. He was ranting and raving and he wanted her to call Continental and tell them to bring the plane back so he could get on board, telling her, "don't they know who I am?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW, did I show you guys my new ride? I'm thinking of taking it over to the elementary school later today. :cool:

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 14
dachay2tnr said:
IEEE had an in-house travel dept. The woman who ran it told me she once got a 6:30 AM call on her cell phone from the IEEE President (a volunteer position that rotates each year). Apparently he got to the airport late and the plane had already pulled away from the gate. He was ranting and raving and he wanted her to call Continental and tell them to bring the plane back so he could get on board, telling her, "don't they know who I am?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I rest my case :rolleyes:

I once worked a company where the CEO/President/Founder was quite famous and well known and I spent a lot of time in his company travelling around the world, going to meetings etc. He was notorius for being late and would always arrive late at the gate so he could make a grand entrance. I hated it, because I like to be in good time for everything.

Anyway, one day he was at the gate for a fully loaded flight, waiting for him/us when he suddenly gave me his briefcase and turned around and went to the toilets in the terminal because he didn't like aircraft toilets. I duly stepped on board and took my seat.

So the stewardess closed the door on him :eek: It was only after I asked very politely for him to be let on and told them that I had his briefcase with his passport in it that they relented and re-opened the door. :eek:

But he was so thick-skinned that the daggered looks from the other passengers went straight over his head and thought it wonderful that an airline would do that just for him :rolleyes:

More bullys
I've been on the recieving end of a few screaming profanity outbursts and I always just respond calmly,I almost enjoy killing them with kindness.I once had a part time gig working the door at a baron weekends,I heard a quite a few things there. :rolleyes:

I can't get a bus to wait for me,much less a plane.

I hate people who are late all the time,take my wife for instance. :rolleyes: If she had a time machine she would still be late.

I'll be back.....

later!!!!

Oh and BTW....
Happy birthday to your wife,you may want to put off the shopping trip because I heard the exchange rate is really good and you could really make out if you took her shopping in Connecticut in August. ;)

acidrock said:
Oh and BTW....
Happy birthday to your wife,you may want to put off the shopping trip because I heard the exchange rate is really good and you could really make out if you took her shopping in Connecticut in August. ;)
Yeah, good thinking...I'll try it out on her. :rolleyes:

And she says thanks for the Birthday greets. ;)
James Taylor So just how much talent can one man have :confused: This tour is just him, his guitar and a piano/keyboard player. In between songs he talks...a lot...to the audience and shows slides of his life and family which illustrate the history of his songs.

It was fabulous - a packed house, three encores and his voice was rich, like warm honey. His guitar playing was as ever, exceptional.

Wifey and I agreed that we could listen to his music forever :cool:

Paul881 said:
James Taylor So just how much talent can one man have :confused: This tour is just him, his guitar and a piano/keyboard player. In between songs he talks...a lot...to the audience and shows slides of his life and family which illustrate the history of his songs.
One of the times I saw him he played along with a reel to reel that was on a folding chair.
He's okay when I'm in the mood for mellow.

Music
I've really dropped the ball the last couple weeks when I wasn't too busy I've been too tired. :(
I'll be busy all weekend,today it's the lawn and the garage,tomorrow it's a side job,so no time for messing around recording.
OTOH,Fathers day is coming up and I could sure use another guitar that I never have a chance to play. :D

LATER!!!!

acidrock said:
So what's a week without a win? :rolleyes:

The callers on the sports stations here are already calling for Torre's head. Not sure what he's supposed to do. They've been running out pitchers that would have trouble making our local high school team. Starters are averaging about 4 innings a game, which has killed the bullpen. The best closer of all time has been lit up everytime he's pitched this year. I don't think he has a save yet, and has blown several. Last night they brought him in in a no pressure situation (9th inning with the Yanks down by 3), and he gave up a run and left with the bases loaded. I have trouble remembering the last time Rivera was pulled from a game.

OTOH sooner or later you've got to do something, and they usually don't fire the entire team... which leaves the manager.

Chuck's silence is surprising. But he probably remembers 1978. :)

I must admit though, at this point it looks like Boston's year.

Weather
Rained all day yesterday, but today is sunny and in the 60's. My daughter is coming for a visit today. It's her birthday.

dachay2tnr said:
Chuck's silence is surprising. But he probably remembers 1978. :)

I must admit though, at this point it looks like Boston's year.
My memory only goes back to 2004 :)

Mike, you sound like a Red Sox fan...It's too early to be anybody's year. The Bombers will get some help before this one is over. I expect them to be there in September.

I was in Manhattan on Wednesday. I regret missing an opportunity to pick up a Daily News or a Post. They must be relentless. Watching the game right now....nice catch on A-Rod, Manny. :)

ChuckU said:
My memory only goes back to 2004 :)

Mike, you sound like a Red Sox fan...It's too early to be anybody's year. The Bombers will get some help before this one is over. I expect them to be there in September.

I was in Manhattan on Wednesday. I regret missing an opportunity to pick up a Daily News or a Post. They must be relentless. Watching the game right now....nice catch on A-Rod, Manny. :)
We're on a roll now. One in a row. :)

BTW, the back page headline in the Post on Saturday morning was Bronx Bummers. :(

Back