DAW Users With ADD

acidrock said:
And exactly how much of a big deal is beating the West Indies?Their Army wouldn't stand a chance against a high school street gang. :rolleyes:

LATER!!!
Two different things. ;)

acidrock said:
Apparently the words "boring" and "civilized" mean the same thing in other countries. :rolleyes:
Ah, yes, the appreciation of culture is a subtlety best known to those who know it ;)

Work
The building boom is over,and it looks like some staff is going to get trimmed. :eek: I really don't think I'll be one of them.It kind of sucks though,the guy who might be getting it has three kids and his wife doesn't work.

Baseball
How about them Brewers?Second best record in baseball and sausage races!
Does anybody else around here want to talk about their favorite baseball team? :confused:

Caffeine
It's the next thing I have to give up/cut back on.

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
Does anybody else around here want to talk about their favorite baseball team? :confused:
Hey, how 'bout those Nets taking to the Raptors. ;)

Started another bathroom project today. Essentially just painting and some regrouting of the floor. Man I can't tell you how much fun chiseling out old grout is. Good for the knees too. Too bad you guys don't live closer so I could let you in on this. :( :( :(

I may have to drink tonight to dull the pain. :)

Weather's been absolutely beautiful for the past few days. 70's, sunny, no humidity. Yesterday it actually got up to around 86. A little too hot for my taste, but today was a bit milder. (Of course, I spent most of it in bathroom with no windows.) :mad:

dachay2tnr said:
Hey, how 'bout those Nets taking to the Raptors. ;)

Started another bathroom project today. Essentially just painting and some regrouting of the floor. Man I can't tell you how much fun chiseling out old grout is. Good for the knees too. Too bad you guys don't live closer so I could let you in on this. :( :( :(

I may have to drink tonight to dull the pain. :)

Weather's been absolutely beautiful for the past few days. 70's, sunny, no humidity. Yesterday it actually got up to around 86. A little too hot for my taste, but today was a bit milder. (Of course, I spent most of it in bathroom with no windows.) :mad:

If old grout doesn't come out easily, I use a Dremmel with a flexible drive attachement and a small thin grinding wheel to grind it out. ;) Either way, I agree, its a horrible job. :(

Just got back home from my exam - Strategic Human Resouce Management :eek: Three hours of writing - my brain hurts. :rolleyes: I think I did enough to pass, I completed all the questions and finished 10 mins ahead of the time. Guy behind my wrote four answer books (I did three; most do 2 (I write big ;) ) and when I spoke to him afterwards, in spite of all the writing, he didn't finish and left two questions out - 12 points deducted straight away. :confused: Oh well, we'll see.

Going to bed this afternoon - I was up at 5.am swotting, so I am adrenalined out now :o It's either that or old age :) Mike would know. :p

Catch you all later!!!

Paul881 said:
If old grout doesn't come out easily, I use a Dremmel with a flexible drive attachement and a small thin grinding wheel to grind it out. ;) Either way, I agree, its a horrible job. :(
Any job in which progress is measured in inches (mm) and which the entire work area involves a significant number of feet (meters), is certainly not my idea of fun. :( :(

Good luck on your exam results. I'm sure you did fine. :cool:

dachay2tnr said:
Any job in which progress is measured in inches (mm) and which the entire work area involves a significant number of feet (meters), is certainly not my idea of fun. :( :(

Good luck on your exam results. I'm sure you did fine. :cool:
Thanks Mike, I think I did enough to pass...or so I believe.... :eek:

BTW, meters are used in Europe for measuring utility usage. And Metres are what women use to measure their lovers d***s :D

I am sure you will all understand the shock horror I had this afternoon when, after being roused from my slumbers at 4.00pm by a gust of warm wind (not a fart ;) ) blowing through the bedroom window, I decided to open a bottle of 2002 Sauvignon Merlot only to find it is corked :eek: :mad:

So I reached into the fridge and opened a bottle of Saint Mont instead. :cool:

Have now got a tri-tip of beef cooking nicely and a nice pleasant evening ahead is planned. :)

I Have also turned on my company mobile for the first time in three days and been inundated with calls. I also have 200+ emails to look at when I return to work tomorrow, so I will make the most of tonight. :D

Happy Days :cool:
(now that was a great program ;) )I used to rush home from school to watch it. :o

Paul881 said:
Happy Days :cool:
(now that was a great program ;) )I used to rush home from school to watch it. :o
You know it took place in Wisconsin. Wonder if Acidrock made any guest appearances. He does look a little like Squiggy without hair. :p

(Or was that Laverne and Shirley??)

dachay2tnr said:
You know it took place in Wisconsin. Wonder if Acidrock made any guest appearances. He does look a little like Squiggy without hair. :p

(Or was that Laverne and Shirley??)

Shirley, definitely Shirley - its the hair ;) Unless it was Gorty? :D

Paul881 said:
BTW, meters are used in Europe for measuring utility usage. And Metres are what women use to measure their lovers d***s :D
And I suppose a liter is a litre. Damn English can't even spell right. We Americans don't even use the damn system, and we can still spell it. :rolleyes:

Anyone else find it odd that Americans use the English measuring system, and the English don't. :confused: :confused:

dachay2tnr said:
And I suppose a liter is a litre. Damn English can't even spell right. We Americans don't even use the damn system, and we can still spell it. :rolleyes:

Anyone else find it odd that Americans use the English measuring system, and the English don't. :confused: :confused:
Actually, to be very correct, it isn't the English system - it is the Imperial system ;)

And just to confuse everyone on this island, if you go into a pub you buy beer in pints, spirits in Imperial measures and have your milk delivered in pints. All road signs are in miles, as are the speed limits.

But meat and vegetables are weighed in Kilo's, milk in supermarkets are in Litres, as are bottles of beer and spirits. :confused:

And a liter is an American version of spelling Litre, as you correctly point out. Which is amazing, as you don't actually use it :confused: Also as you point out.

I was the last year that used the old Imperial system at College so was bought up in both systems; I can think in terms of kilos and pounds, pints and Litres, Kilometres and Miles, Watts and Joules :) Its just when they get mixed that I get confused.

MIDI and the metric system
Are two things that make perfect sense yet people don't want to embrace them because "they're too complicated".

Work
I had a customer go off on me today because I wouldn't work on an operator he installed without getting paid.He let loose with F-bombs called me an idiot all the usual stuff and I just got nicer and nicer.That really kills the screamers,they hate that. :D
It was a small contractor who has us install the doors but puts his own openers in.He called in a service request for a door I installed and when I went to the job I saw immediately that an eye was out on the opener.I called to tell the guy I'd have to charge to fix it,but he instead said it was a door problem.Gee,if you know more than me about doors,why don't you install your own?I mean it's been working out so well with the openers. :D :p

Paul
I'm quite sure you passed the test.
The last test I took involved peeing in a cup,and it wasn't for distance or accuracy. :rolleyes:

LATER!!!

Paul881 said:
Its just when they get mixed that I get confused.
As, apparently, did NASA when they tried to land a spacecraft on Mars.

As we well know, although close, a liter isn't a quart, and a yard isn't a meter. :)

Inerestingly, we buy our wine in 750 ml bottles, along with our Scotch, Vodka, and Cognac. I would say that is because most of that stuff comes from overseas, but Jack Daniels comes in the same size.

One thing that's always bothered me is cold cuts. I mostly get 1/4 lb., but it usually isn't quite enough for two sandwiches. Whereas a 1/2 lb. is too much. I would feel quite odd ordering 3/8 lb., so I'm guessing there is probably a metric measure out there that is exactly what I need. :)

Baseball
Yanks are officially in last place today. They have been decimated with injuries to their pitching staff, but still, with a payroll of $200 million you would think there be some backup somewhere. :rolleyes:

Baseball
Yanks are officially in last place today. They have been decimated with injuries to their pitching staff, but still, with a payroll of $200 million you would think there be some backup somewhere.
The Brewers lost today,now I know what it's like to be a Yankee fan.

In Milwaukee we have sausage races.

acidrock said:
MIDI and the metric system
Are two things that make perfect sense yet people don't want to embrace them because "they're too complicated".

Work
I had a customer go off on me today because I wouldn't work on an operator he installed without getting paid.He let loose with F-bombs called me an idiot all the usual stuff and I just got nicer and nicer.That really kills the screamers,they hate that. :D
It was a small contractor who has us install the doors but puts his own openers in.He called in a service request for a door I installed and when I went to the job I saw immediately that an eye was out on the opener.I called to tell the guy I'd have to charge to fix it,but he instead said it was a door problem.Gee,if you know more than me about doors,why don't you install your own?I mean it's been working out so well with the openers. :D :p

Paul
I'm quite sure you passed the test.
The last test I took involved peeing in a cup,and it wasn't for distance or accuracy. :rolleyes:

LATER!!!

Metric measurement This is a doddle to understand ...if you haven't learnt the Imperial system first :(

Mike, that would be 1/8th of a Kilo of ham please (1 Kilo = 2.2lbs) therefore, 1/8K = 0.275 lbs ;) Thats two thick slices or three thinner ones - or four very thin ones :)

Wifey's 50th Bithday today; jut had a pub luch with her, seeing James Taylor in concert tonight, tomorrow shopping in Birmingham for new clothes for me plus a new camera case for my new digital camera (Nikon D40 :) ) and out to dinner with the daughters and their boyfriends tomorrow night. Sunday is In-laws day, out to lunch again so come Sunday evening I will be worn out. :o

Bullys Over the years I have been on a lot of planes, boats, trains and stayed in many hotels. What I hate to see is a pompous ass****e beating up on some poor check-in clerk. Its a game anyone can play. Its nice to be important but its also important to be nice :)

Catch you later! Enjoy your Friday :)

Paul881 said:
What I hate to see is a pompous ass****e beating up on some poor check-in clerk. Its a game anyone can play. Its nice to be important but its also important to be nice :)
Of course, when you are worn out from getting up at 4:30 AM to catch an early morning flight, and have traveled all day to get to your destination, eaten just an airplane sandwich consisting of a single slice of turkey on a dry roll and a bag of carrots, only to find that there is no reservation for the room you booked over three months ago, don't you HAVE to beat up on someone??

Unfortunately, the poor check in clerk is the only target in range. :)

Happy Friday All.

Back