DAW Users With ADD

this evening, our daughter is coming back from college to perform tonight with a semi-pro band she has just auditioned for - I have to pick her up from the railway station this afternoon. And then we are going to watch her tonight at the venue.
Good luck on that.If a singer is strong enough they can pretty much call the shots in a band,at least IMHO.
I remember trying to get a band together and guys would always suggest songs and the first question was "Who's going to sing it?",you can get away with a lot instrumentation wise but the vocals are out there on an island.

Your daughters ability to play an instrument should also help,whether she plays or not just from a knowledge standpoint. :cool:

When I was playing out I would sing a handful of songs every night despite my awful voice,it gave my partner a break and was also a change of pace.I like when bands have more than one vocalist,no matter how good your voice it can get boring after four hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrock
And I'm off again.

By strange coincidence, so am I.
The difference being I needed a break and it was your old company that need a break. :p

I've got furniture to seal and a large batch of meatballs to make,I'll talk to ya....

LATER!!!!

Which reminds me.....of the time when we (wifey and me) were renovating a 100 year old country home and I had just installed 16 all non-standard, hand assembled,timber window frames which had been designed to take individual sealed glass units, each window having 32 sealed units. Anyway, the boss of the glazing company came round and measured them up and ordered 16x32 sealed units. When they arrived, they were all the wrong size - he had measured them incorrectly or written the dimensions down wrong. It was a good job he did the measuring and that he was the boss.
The guy who did my sun room ended up eating some windows.We made plans for just a plain door entrance and then decided to add side lights,the guy never compensated for the side lights and the windows were too long.Things went downhill from there. :( :mad:

I had a sales man who always ordered extra lift on doors figuring we could just cut the track to fit.Five minutes to measure it right as opposed to one hour to make it right,still the office didn't seem to think it was a problem even when they were asking for suggestions on how to save money. :rolleyes:

acidrock said:
I'm sure your next employer will know the feeling. :p
I've been thinking about moving to Wisconsin and getting into overhead door sales. Do you know any places I can put in an application. :) :eek:

Baseball
Yankees-Red Sox all weekend. So where's Chuck? :confused:

Paul881 said:
Of much more interest to the civilized world is that England beat the West Indies at Cricket by one wicket :)
Which one does Alex Rodriguez play for?? :confused:

BTW, I had nice Chianti tonight. Unfortunately, it's only 8:00, and the bottle has mysteriously run dry. Any suggestions on how to get through to 11:00 or so??

dachay2tnr said:
Which one does Alex Rodriguez play for?? :confused:

BTW, I had nice Chianti tonight. Unfortunately, it's only 8:00, and the bottle has mysteriously run dry. Any suggestions on how to get through to 11:00 or so??
I usually reach into the wine rack and help myself to another ;)

Dogman said:
A video for anyone interested.... :D

Fun Stuff

You really wear a lot of hats in the ol' Dogman studios,what's next choregraphed dance numbers?Makeovers?

Pretty cool! :cool:

I would suggest another bottle.

Of much more interest to the civilized world is that England beat the West Indies at Cricket by one wicket

Apparently the words "boring" and "civilized" mean the same thing in other countries. :rolleyes:

And exactly how much of a big deal is beating the West Indies?Their Army wouldn't stand a chance against a high school street gang. :rolleyes:

Today
It's going to be a nice day today.I'm going to cut the grass and finish putting the sealer on the new furniture....whoo hooo! :)

LATER!!!

Reactions: TAE
acidrock said:
And exactly how much of a big deal is beating the West Indies?Their Army wouldn't stand a chance against a high school street gang. :rolleyes:
Apparently the West Indies are to England like the Washington Generals are to the Globetrotters. :D

I usually reach into the wine rack and help myself to another

I would suggest another bottle.
Sure, you guys wait until this morning to tell me this. What am I supposed to do, pour it on my cereal?? :mad:

dachay2tnr said:
Sure, you guys wait until this morning to tell me this. What am I supposed to do, pour it on my cereal?? :mad:

My wife had a bottle of wine last night and she's still laying in bed. :rolleyes:

Back